Methods to keep you focus on writeing.

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
LadyAvori
Regular

Re: Methods to keep you focus on writeing.

#16 Post by LadyAvori »

When I'm having a hard time getting started on writing, or keep writing, I use Write or Die. The web app is free or you can download it for 10$. The way it works is if you linger too long without typing the app will start deleting what you've written or make annoying sounds until you start typing again. You control the setting as to what annoying thing it'll do to you or your work until you start typing again. All I need is the red blinking background to remind me to keep typing. After I get the amount of words down I wanted I copy and paste it to ywriter and continue writing from there.

Might be something to check out.

http://writeordie.com/#pc

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#17 Post by KomiTsuku »

I throw my modem out the window. The second that thing is turned on and I have connectivity, I get drawn in by checking other things. If I don't have it, I have a lot less to focus on and don't get derailed by making posts like this one.

Blutkristall
Regular
Projects: Memento Vivere, Knife Point Horror
Organization: Lastrail

#18 Post by Blutkristall »

Take notes.
Take more notes.
Take notes and reference them to other notes.
Taking a note is quick, easy and painless.
By taking many quick easy and painless notes you're slowly building up ideas, concepts and even chapter outlines all of which you'll then be able to translate into glorious progress.
Notes become outlines.
Outlines become stories.
Suddenly, you've written your game.

deviltales
Regular

#19 Post by deviltales »

deadlines.
I continue to tell myself that If I won't blend my ideas into something readable, everybody will be disappointed. I know how frustrating is have writer's block or to lose motivation. I've been writing a little story for about 2 years and I don't think I'll ever finish it. Right now I'm writing a little fantasy, and my current deadline is September. And it works. I'm more productive this way.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.