Career-choices for cool male characters?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
DeletedUser160413

Career-choices for cool male characters?

#1 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

I'm writing this story for my project and I'm stuck on one subject for the moment. What careers should my characters have? There is this one character who went to the same college as the protagonist and she studied in the law field. So I want him to do something similar but still different and intriguing. I've already excluded medicine, criminal law, economy and science. I was thinking something were you can always get a higher position until you reach the top.

Also there is this other character who is the ice-cold/calculating/mysterious type. He had a rough childhood growing up and that's why I would like him to have something reflecting that. I was thinking secret agent first but I'm not so sure anymore, and detective or investigator are not options for me either. So I need something else that resembles that.. Any ideas on both of the characters?

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

Re: Career-choices for cool male characters?

#2 Post by Anne »

Public prosecutor? (I've read a manga about one and thought it was pretty cool, I'm not into law though) Judge?
Diplomat (has been used in a Voltage game but still...). A researcher / expert of some sort? (like the characters in Bones or Lie To Me)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#3 Post by KomiTsuku »

Pilot with the degree in aeronautics. Fighter pilots are cool, but you can always go with a regular commercial pilot. They even work for both characters!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#4 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Business can have an internal promotion system where you can eventually climb the corporate ladder. University lecturers can also progress to some degree with peer promotion.

GhostWriter37
Projects: Lullaby For Aurora (Tentative Title)

#5 Post by GhostWriter37 »

Law degrees can get you pretty much anywhere you want really except other professions with major school time required, such as medicine. Large corporation seems to fit your position climbing necessity the best.

For the other guy, you could make him an undertaker/funeral home director. That's one of those jobs where no one wants to have to hire you, but you'll never be out of work and if you do thing perfectly it'll seem like you've done nothing at all. Seems to fit the coldness at the least. Would definitely be something kinda out there.

Nekobiker
Regular

#6 Post by Nekobiker »

President. Clearly, any self-respecting girl would settle for nothing less.

Biomass
Regular

#7 Post by Biomass »

No one has mentioned the obvious: The military.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#8 Post by Katta »

I don't think the military is cool in the modern world, and police/detectives were already said not to be an option.

The second character can be a writer or a journalist (like a war journalist)

DeletedUser160413

#9 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

Katta wrote:I don't think the military is cool in the modern world, and police/detectives were already said not to be an option.

The second character can be a writer or a journalist (like a war journalist)
I think journalist is a good option actually... But I liked everyone elses suggestions too. Hmm I'll see what it will be :)

DeletedUser160413

#10 Post by DeletedUser160413 »

Thank you everyone!!! :)

Armee
Veteran

#11 Post by Armee »

Not sure if you still need more suggestions but how about teacher or doctor? Scientist is somewhat suitable. May be some kind of professor or something teaching in law school could with work well

dretchlord
Regular
Projects: Stabbed by Memories (Yandere)

#12 Post by dretchlord »

I would suggest political science. It falls under law and politics.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#13 Post by LVUER »

I think science would be cool. It would be even cooler if it's an obscure one, like DNA field, blood pattern analysis, AI, robotic, etc.

Law would also be cool. We all know how cool an ace attorney can be ;P or super prosecutor.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW