Creating a Romance Visual Novel and have a few questions for you

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Yolo400
Regular
Completed: Lifted Dreams
Projects: ----

Creating a Romance Visual Novel and have a few questions for you

#1 Post by Yolo400 »

Hi there I am Yolo400.

I have an idea, setting, theme (and such) and am ready to put it into practise, but I'm trying to figure out what might be a 'bad end' before I commit pen to paper and was wondering if you lovely folk could help me with a few questions in the google docs quiz below (link attached)

I strongly appreciate you helping me avoid the elements of the game that might be most problematic to you as a reader, as I'm not honestly sure of how people feel regarding these things.

It's especially helpful because I will be throwing money at an artist, shortly, during the writing process, and would hate to commit to something overly cliche, done to death or simply just a huge turn off.

The quiz isn't great, but it helps me get a general idea of what is desired, of course, feel free to add anything here. The more you say, the easier it gets!

Thank you, really. Thank you!
Working on project "Lightning Cat" - Writing
music for sale
|| Thank you ||

Ezmar
Regular
Projects: 11th Hour [Working Title]
Soundcloud: Ezmar

Re: Creating a Romance Visual Novel and have a few questions for you

#2 Post by Ezmar »

Ironically, the biggest problem in the wording of the questions for me was in the last one where the only options were "I didn't like how specific the wording was and would prefer something more vague" and "everything was fine".

Westeford
Regular
Completed: 12 Hours to Die
Projects: Project Premonition
itch: westeford

#3 Post by Westeford »

I love the idea of using a quiz for feedback. Mind if I use it?

Yolo400
Regular
Completed: Lifted Dreams
Projects: ----

#4 Post by Yolo400 »

For starters I'd like to thank so many people for participating in the quiz. I was shocked to see the results.

While this is only a small sample size, It is extremely inspiring and will really help a ton with my decision making process.

I expected these to win over, but I did not expect how overwhelming the win would be:

This one was a pleasant surprise! I prefer this too!

Well, I know what to do here then!

This one, however, confused me! I was expecting overwhelming GxB, yet it was the least popular! I think I know what to do with this, though!
Ezmar wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 am Ironically, the biggest problem in the wording of the questions for me was in the last one where the only options were "I didn't like how specific the wording was and would prefer something more vague" and "everything was fine".
:lol: I am sorry about that.
Westeford wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:28 pm I love the idea of using a quiz for feedback. Mind if I use it?
It's actually a really cool thing to do! I've learned so much and I want to thank everyone who took part, really.
Working on project "Lightning Cat" - Writing
music for sale
|| Thank you ||