incorect code

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Daleksek

incorect code

#1 Post by Daleksek »

Hello evryone. I am learning how to use Ren'Py and I'm on a piece of wrong code of wich I can't determine why it's divrent then an earlier piece of code that dit work. I'm wrighting in the editra editor.

code error: invalit syntax

code:

menu:
"I make a second atack.":
L "I try to keep my balence and gather my spellmass so that I can push a knother wave add the lich, who angrely tries and throw a magic sfeer
ad me wich explodes in it's hand and the lich desolves intu it's own spell void."
if mar_phy_for == True : #12 shards
L "I feel my mind snap, my magical moziak break and splinter. I just keep myself from fainting as I'm pulled in a direction that dos'nt realy
exsist."
$ 12_shrd = True
if soc_men_mas == True : #6 shards
L "I feel my magic give under the polarety of the two magics. In my mind I can almost hear my moziak snap and break intu pieces."
L "The magic snap with such a force that throw up intu this place of negative mass and I loose consius, praying I'll survive."
$ 6_shrd_weak = True
$ 6_shard = True
if men_moz_lor == True : #3 shards
L "The magics do not just cansel each other, they shater the world inwich each can exsist. The lich colapses intu a negative volume as my
moziak breaks intu three pieces."
L "I can feel the spellmass of my second spell feed these while they take form and all the spellmass from me while I loose consiusnus."
$ 3_shrd_smart = True
$ 3_shrd = True
if phy_dis_ale == True : #bad end
L "The two spells teare the world around us asunder, asif two forces alighnating each other."
L "The force of the shatering world knoks me down, and in pain I crawl back to the barier between the chaos zone and and the save
pocket."
L "Just before the line between this world and and the one of the save zone evrything turns black."
"first bad ending: killed by the lich"
return

The error revers to the '$ -- = True' statements, with the same for the other options in the menu.

In earlier test runs however, this code dit work:
menu:

"I have been trained mostly in martial arts.":
$ mar = True
"I have been trained to use my sorcery most efective.":
$ soc = True
"I have been thought the lore and history all my life.":
$ lor = True
"I am a fully trained soldier":
$ sol = True

if mar or soc == True:
label main_street_night:
L "There's a tactical team with me, but tonight I'll go by my self intu a 'chaos field' to try and bring it under controle and habital.
What will happen wil mostley bepend on my physical and mental fortitude."
if mar == True:
$mar_phy_for = True
if soc == True:
$soc_men_mas = True

I can't find out what I'm doing different in the not working code.

Can someone please tell me?

Daleksek

Re: incorect code

#2 Post by Daleksek »

The indented earias dit'nt transcribe in the post, but theyt are there in the code.

Daleksek

Re: incorect code

#3 Post by Daleksek »

I think I found it. It looks like if you use $ you can't follow it by a number in this way. Chancing them to 'shard3_-- = True' remove3d the error.