Friendship story writing

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Friendship story writing

#1 Post by isobellesophia »

Hello everyone.

I've been busy for my main project, though, i was thinking for what is the best thing for writing/having great conversations for your friend/bestfriend as well as the character you've been talking to.

Like actually, this is not going forward to the love confession or something like that, just a simple friend, friendship relationship.

Perhaps, i may thinking something more like a moral story, if that is what i want.

I was also planning like a simple one, like "we are bestfriends now, we should spend our day together!".
Romance novels are may somtimes hard to write them, or how we write their story, it may take alot of time for planning them, such as characters..

So i've been thinking, is friendship is a better story for a novel?
For me, friendship is for me, because a friend will communicate with you with alot of things, maybe. Friends are just for fun and it will help you whatever happens, like having some adventures and stuffs.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Mutive
Veteran
Completed: Eidolon, Minion!, Love Furever, Epilogue

Re: Friendship story writing

#2 Post by Mutive »

I think friendship is a great theme. :)

For me at least, though ,the hard parts of writing a romance are less the "And then they declare their mutual love for each other!" and more, "How do I make two characters click in a way that feels natural." (Which you'd have to do in a friendship story if you wanted it to be any good.) Which means that I don't think that writing a friendship story will necessarily be easier than a romance story. (In certain ways, it might even be harder as you can't fall back on, "Well, he might have a lousy personality, but HAVE YOU SEEN HIS ABS?!!!!")
Enjoy Eidolon, my free to play game at: https://mutive.itch.io/eidolon, Minion! at: https://mutive.itch.io/minion or Epilogue at: https://mutive.itch.io/epilogue

磯七ラスミ
Regular
Projects: If Facts Aren't Alibi | 盲点に日光 (Mōten ni Nikkō) | Nest, Treetop | Untail Wire Stretch

#3 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

Friendship is a good topic. To imply just friendship, many stories features the full main group being all girls or all boys. But you could use other means like the title of your novel to tell it's about friends.
Friends may be linked with feelings as strongs as your heartwarming usual lovers'. And you may have interesting relationships between your main cast considering they don't just form couples but everyone could like, admire and share differently with each other.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

If the characters' friendship is linked to a conflict, that can be a major element of your story. A few examples...

* Two friends trying to survive an ordeal.
* Two friendly coworkers trying to solve a mystery.
* The main characters' friendship is turning into rivalry over a woman. Can they get along?
* A major character is concerned that their friend struggles with addiction.
isobellesophia wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:38 am So i've been thinking, is friendship is a better story for a novel?
It can work. Not all stories benefit from a love interest or a romance (sub)plot. Think whether your story will benefit by focusing on other topics.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

#5 Post by isobellesophia »

Thanks for your all ideas, seems perfect for my game to make ideas for this.. i just hope any ideas may also shared here too. :)
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.