Looking for someone to guide me through the process of creating flowcharts

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
GammaBreak
Regular

Looking for someone to guide me through the process of creating flowcharts

#1 Post by GammaBreak »

I'm trying to organize my next project and I want to do it properly this time. Since it's bigger, a little more complicated, and has more characters (and hopefully more player influence) I'd like to do more organization with flow charts.

My problem is I'm struggling to put my thoughts and plans into chart form. I use software called yED, which is great and real easy to use. I've looked at examples of what I can find and of course there is no concrete method to do it. If anyone has a particular method or style and is open to coaching me, I'd really appreciate a push in the right direction.

Would anyone be willing to chat and help?

I can be found on Discord at Grammaton485#9615. A word of warning though, this game I'm working on would be an adult/erotic game. If you'd like additional details or a quick pitch, please let me know and I can send it your way.

JenivereDomino
Regular
Completed: Summer Horrordays
Projects: "Project Cadence" (Placeholder)
Organization: PunderBash Games
Deviantart: JenivereDomino
Github: JenivereSH
itch: punderbashgames
Discord: Jenivere #1227

Re: Looking for someone to guide me through the process of creating flowcharts

#2 Post by JenivereDomino »

I'm happy to help if I can, I'm not particularly experienced as I'm working on my first project myself but I'm putting a lot of planning into it. It might be easier to work backwards or from a larger overview first if you're planning a lot of different endings, then you can fill in the details of what choices you would need to lead to those endings. Will you be working with a numbered variable affecting the routes/endings or will it be more a case of straight roads determined by choices? (eg, if you choose choice A you won't be able to get to the route from choice B) That may impact how you want to plan things out too.

Happy to use discord too if preferred, nsfw doesn't bother me Jenivere#1227
Mighty Morphine Vowel Arranger

GammaBreak
Regular

#3 Post by GammaBreak »

Okay! I'll add you on Discord. Problem is I have a bit of a busy schedule coming up starting tomorrow and will then be gone through the weekend. So I will likely be touch and go.

JenivereDomino
Regular
Completed: Summer Horrordays
Projects: "Project Cadence" (Placeholder)
Organization: PunderBash Games
Deviantart: JenivereDomino
Github: JenivereSH
itch: punderbashgames
Discord: Jenivere #1227

#4 Post by JenivereDomino »

No worries, I'm free most of the time tbh so it's all good. Happy to help as and when needed.
Mighty Morphine Vowel Arranger