Need opinion and recommendations for my VN Trailer

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
johandark
Veteran
Completed: Wild Guards, In Dreams
Projects: Pact with a witch
Deviantart: johandarkweb

Need opinion and recommendations for my VN Trailer

#1 Post by johandark »

I´m trying to make a Trailer for my Hentai Visual Novel. (Even if it´s hentai, the trailer should be for all public, or probably is better make 2 versions... not sure...).

Test Trailer for Video Editor I contacted for Hentai Visual Novel, Pact with a witch.

Music and voices are just for TEST purposes.

Even thought Video Artist told me I have to provide IDEA, MUSIC and VOICES.

I´m a comic artist trying to make a Visual Novel, so far is working good, but in Video my experience is not so high probably... I would like to know your opinion about it.

I tried to ask to my Patrons, but I only recived 3 opinions (from 500), so I need more feedback if you can help me... ^^

If test video is aproved, I need to find a musician for it, video actors and actresses, sound effects, ...

Right now is my horrible voice with lame sound and video effects... I did what I could! Such a demanding public... :P

---

So my questions:
  1. Apart from my lame voice, imagine it with professional voice actors, could it be more interesting? Is understandable? Is too quickly? Is too long?
    ---
  2. Wich kind of music could fit better in this Trailer? Do you know any example? (No matter if it´s copyrighted, right now I´m looking for ideas).
    ---
  3. Do you recommend me any Compositor who could arrange a good music for this trailer? I´m not super rich, but I´m willing to pay a reasonable price for it, if it´s woTextDo you think Narrator parts (What if your childhood friend...) should be voiced, or without voice? In case could be used a voice? do you know any voice actor who could fit that role?
    ---
  4. I need 2 male voice actors (3 if narrator is necessary too) and 1 female voice. Voices should sound natural, not forced (I don´t really like tiny little girl voices with forced expressions to look like a child, not really anything against, is just not like I imagine her voice... ^^). Any recommendations? Not everybody is willing to work for a Hentai Visual Novel... ^^ Even if right now is for trailer, probably in future would be interesting to put voices in the game...

I´m specially interested if the actor has a professional microphone and good talent for interpretation, I really appreciate the interest, but I would like the quality sound clean and not using a microphone from the webcam or the laptop itself... ^^
    ---
  5. In general... What do you think? Would you add something? A better advise is a Hentai Game? A better story trailer? A non-story trailer? All feedback would be really appreciated. ^^
Thank you for your feedback! ;)

johandark
Veteran

Re: Need opinion and recommendations for my VN Trailer

#2 Post by johandark »

I guess... not many people has seen this post or there´s no opinions at al... ^^

Chisoff
Deviantart: Chisoff

#3 Post by Chisoff »

Hey! I like it alot, its really good overall

I dont know any music compositor but the music you picked suits the trailer pretty well!

johandark
Veteran

#4 Post by johandark »

Chisoff wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:45 pm Hey! I like it alot, its really good overall

I dont know any music compositor but the music you picked suits the trailer pretty well!
The music used for this Test trailer is from Joel Steudler.

Gladly I have already a compositor. ^^

Thanks for your comment!