SWEET BEATS AND HELLA JAMS

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
Lennonhead
Regular
Projects: "Hinomaru", "I'm Not His Friend"

SWEET BEATS AND HELLA JAMS

#1 Post by Lennonhead »

Guess what! I make music too!

This can be merged with my art topic if you feel it's needed, but I would like critique of my music seperately, I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkM04vCvWx0

"HOUSE OF LAURIE"

For a forum adventure. Deliberately kind of off-key. Remix thing of The Ballad of Jack Noir from Homestuck because that song is awesome.

"BLUH BLUH GEAR FAB"

For the same forum adventure, not actually used yet. Made as a theme for the first player character. A few lines from Liquid Negrocity/Black, from Homestuck.

"HIRASAWA TWEET SONG"

An improvised song. The words are from the most recent tweet of Susumu Hirasawa at the time. It can be translated as something like: "Had a bit of a tough day dealing with people who thought they were so much better than me. Off to the studio!"

"RENSHU YINGHUO'S THEME"

A theme song for one of the characters in the visual novel I'm making. He is Chinese, so I tried to make it sound like some traditional song. Maybe it ended up too sweet sounding for a stuck-up nerd, but he is also kind of a tragic character I guess so maybe it fits. I'm pretty happy with it, anyways.

Lennonhead
Regular

Re: SWEET BEATS AND HELLA JAMS

#2 Post by Lennonhead »

The first track I finished for my final English project, in which I have to create a soundtrack for the novel study. The character the song is a theme for is a priest as well as the "villain" of the book, kind of, sort of, so an organ piece was an obvious decision!

Lennonhead
Regular

Re: SWEET BEATS AND HELLA JAMS

#3 Post by Lennonhead »

This freaking project... I'm proud of this, though. Zero effort was spent on singing because I don't the think the character this is for sounds so great, plus most of the time I was doing a Plastics/B-52s style "half singing".

For a fight scene early on in the book. Tried to make it sound like old videogame battle tunes.