Unreliable resources (ex. Wilhelm Scream)

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

Unreliable resources (ex. Wilhelm Scream)

#1 Post by Alte »

For those who don't know what's a Wilhelm scream there's an article about it on Wikipedia.

What I don't recommend is using this sound for projects unless there's a few exceptions such as permission of the copyright holder or fair use. (Perhaps parody too...) Really for copyright sounds, not at all.

Strangely enough, checking the wiki file of the sound is licensed under Public Domain. Including vague statement that's probably from the author himself who uploaded it.

Conducting a bit more research of the source link, there's indication that it wasn't Sheb Wooley who uploaded the sound according the archive page. (Under Artist/Composer)

Wikipedia from what I believe is a resource that's built upon by references. I'm not saying it's completely unreliable, it's inconvenient for checking the legitimacy of the source to be hold true. In the long run, it's worth to be informed than misinformed.

Note: I'm no lawyer, I stumbled upon this after hearing copious of references that burns to me subconsciously I have to check the origin myself.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.