What software used in voice acting... Without mic?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
Catlip Candy
Regular
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy

Re: What software used in voice acting... Without mic?

#16 Post by Catlip Candy »

Thank you very much for the links!!! But the first solution to the problem of having decent mic is money, obviously. As it said, I pay for what I get. And I don't have a lot of money. For now. I'll be saving first, and maybe focus on practicing for now. Since voice acting, I think, is not all about the mic. I think I should start practicing first while I save. That's why I like the last link that you shared, though it's mainly for singing. It is still very informative.
All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~

franny

#17 Post by franny »

I don't know much about mics, but I looked around a bit.
If price is an issue, some sites offer installment payments. Those things are great for students.
(Sometimes there are big discounts, too!)
http://www.lazada.com.ph/blue-microphon ... 46042.html
This one, for example. You can pay as low as ₱ 290.58 per month (≈$6) for a year an a half.

Or look around and wait for sales!
http://www.lazada.com.ph/xcsource-th043 ... 58314.html
Currently, this is 44% off, now only ₱ 1,844.00 (≈$40). Decent price, I guess.

(I sound like I'm promoting the store. I'm not, promise. ;) It's the only store I know that ships to where I live, so I don't have much choice.)

Hope this helped!

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#18 Post by Kate »

I personally am going through the same thing (but for different reasons- I'd like to release play-throughs of Sims3 challenges AND my own game because why not? on youtube. I'm going to get a snowball, I've heard many people say they swear by it, but my best advice: DO NOT GO WITH LOGITECH. Whatever you do, just don't. Their stuff is never anywhere near the quality you hope it will be. The headset w/mic is tempting as a less-expensive combo, but it's really not worth it.
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

tamacitas
Regular

#19 Post by tamacitas »

Well, microphone is obviously the main thing used for basically everything voice-related. Even recording Vocaloids need microphone o.o

But I know how the trick to not record every line everytime. In fact, you just need to record your voice, or even use someone else's voice! If you know how to operate Vocaloid, then you'll know how to operate UTAU.
But eh, it'll be a lot harder than recording by yourself...