HUGE sale on a good VSTi plugin -- costs 1 dollar only!

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
Muzozavr
Regular

HUGE sale on a good VSTi plugin -- costs 1 dollar only!

#1 Post by Muzozavr »

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/vi ... air-xpand2

I have no idea how long this sale lasts, but I suspect it will end when the month ends, so you may want to act fast.

Some (not all, of course) sounds are demonstrated in these videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... A981BD3263 (the speaker's voice is pointless and badly recorded, but at one of the videos he stops talking entirely, which is good)

The brass/woodwinds sound kinda meh to my ears (there are probably free soundfonts out there on that level), but everything else feels decently usable for low-budget composition and some sounds are just flat out FANTASTIC. The acoustic pianos and guitars, for instance, mostly sound really good, the percussion has some GREAT cinematic big drums, etc... and it's a very "plug and play" instrument. There's no processing on these videos at all, you just load the sound you want and start using it. It sounds exactly the way you hear on these videos. "Warm Natural Piano"? "Finger Acoustic Nylon"? Just great.

Normal price is 99 USD... so it's literally 99% off right now, which is crazy. :shock: :o

Listen to the videos and judge if you want this. If you do, then act fast before the sale ends!

EDIT: Today is December 1st and, apparently, the sale is still going. I have NO idea how long it will last.

EDIT 2: 6th. It's still going. Guys, I think I found a goldmine with this. For one dollar, this thing is amazing!

Muzozavr
Regular

Re: HUGE sale on a good VSTi plugin -- costs 1 dollar only!

#2 Post by Muzozavr »

Double post, but I want to bring attention to this. First, it seems to be STILL going. Second, I just knocked up a test track with this:

https://whateverproductions.bandcamp.co ... of-time-v2

Guys, I don't even have a MIDI keyboard. When I get one, I'll be able to make it sound even more expressive, but with this... I just loaded up the sounds and used them. Here's the thing: I kinda suck at using sounds in a way that sounds alive (because, again, no MIDI keyboard and trying to set these parameters manually tends to make things even worse for me), so this track is ridiculously primitive in terms of programming. All max velocities and such...

Listen to it and think to yourself: "do I like it?" If so, then... if I got these sounds out of it, then you can, too. It's that easy to use. If you have a good melody/arrangement in your head, there's nothing that stands in your way.

So, forgive me for shilling, but I'm REALLY stunned by the fact that I got this thing for 1 dollar thanks to this epic sale... and while the sale lasts, you can get it, too.

mard
Regular

Re: HUGE sale on a good VSTi plugin -- costs 1 dollar only!

#3 Post by mard »

Huh. Sales still going on it seems. Would likely be a nice buy if it didn't require Windows.
Tend to be a bit quiet, but will help where I can.

Enjoy the drinks folks.