Having Trouble Making a memorable intro.

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
TyberAlyx
Regular

Having Trouble Making a memorable intro.

#1 Post by TyberAlyx »

I am making an opening for a visual novel we are making but I am stumped at making the intro to a song.
I can't shake the feeling that it isn't memorable. Could anyone provide tips or point out which parts should I change?

Some additional info:
- My Chord progression goes as follows F, G, Am, D, Em, F, G
- This is for a visual novel similar to white album, shigatsu wa kimi no uso, clannad, etc.
- Planning to Add vocals later

Even If you share the same sentiments or not, any comments would be really helpful.

https://soundcloud.com/tyberalyx/openforedel

Giving kisses as well. :*
Last edited by TyberAlyx on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oracle
Regular
Projects: Freight Train, Moonlight River, Arbitration, Timewave, Stardust, Dead Mistress, Dark Forces
Soundcloud: Sound_Oracle

Re: Having Trouble Making a memorable intro.

#2 Post by Oracle »

It's actually pretty good! Maybe the last note at the end could have sustained for longer but otherwise a good intro.
Keep up the good Work!
Let's change the world one note at a time~
Check out my Soundcloud!

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#3 Post by Elmvine »

Honestly, I really like it!
I do feel the second half is weaker, but it depends what visuals you hand in mind for it. Just feels like it needs a bit of a kick, also agree that the last note might work for a little longer.

TyberAlyx
Regular

#4 Post by TyberAlyx »

Oracle wrote:It's actually pretty good! Maybe the last note at the end could have sustained for longer but otherwise a good intro.
Keep up the good Work!
Elmvine wrote:Honestly, I really like it!
I do feel the second half is weaker, but it depends what visuals you hand in mind for it. Just feels like it needs a bit of a kick, also agree that the last note might work for a little longer.
Thank you so much both of you! :* :* The song is suppose to be a sung but for now its just an intro and a verse which is why its cut short. Sadly though, we might drop this opening song as it doesn't really fit the vision the writer have for the intro (After all the effort of recording T___T) so I created another:

https://soundcloud.com/tyberalyx/somedraft2/s-44zRB