Could you please review my music? Or maybe have a listen?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving music, sound, and movies.
Soundicate
Soundcloud: soundicate
itch: soundicate

Could you please review my music? Or maybe have a listen?

#1 Post by Soundicate »

Hope you'll enjoy it :)
link:
https://linktr.ee/nadasukma
Thank you, please leave a comment or two. Or twelve XD
Last edited by Soundicate on Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Soundicate

Re: Could you please review my music? :(

#2 Post by Soundicate »

uploaded a new one :)

Soundicate

Re: Could you please review my music? Or maybe have a listen?

#3 Post by Soundicate »

Mutive
Veteran
Completed: Eidolon, Minion!, Love Furever, Epilogue

#4 Post by Mutive »

Since you asked (please note not especially musically gifted, but do enjoy listening!)

The first (Lull) seems very tranquil to me and I liked the pipes/flute. After a point, the repetitive strain in the middle mark (maybe around 00:36 got a touch annoying to me. I might cut it to a few fewer repetitions?) Otherwise very pretty.

Wishing Well: I really liked this one. There was a nice balance, with the melodies shifting often enough to keep my interest, but smoothly enough together that the piece felt coherent. (There was also a fair amount of complexity, which I thought was interesting to listen to.)

Graveyard of ambition: The intro, again, felt like maybe it had the same 5 note repetition a few too many times in a row for my taste. I liked it for a few passes, but then was waiting for something else to happen. I liked the piano after, which added an interesting complexity. (The discordance was also interesting to me, as it felt deliberate, but almost not.) The ending then seemed to perk up (major key allegro?) in a way that seemed maybe not quite in tune with the earlier parts of the song.

Any, I'll try to listen to the last two later! Regardless, thanks for sharing. They were all lovely! (I am jealous of those able to compose amazing things.) Hopefully my critiques are at least sort of helpful despite me knowing very little. :)
Enjoy Eidolon, my free to play game at: https://mutive.itch.io/eidolon, Minion! at: https://mutive.itch.io/minion or Epilogue at: https://mutive.itch.io/epilogue

Soundicate

#5 Post by Soundicate »

Mutive wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:46 pm Since you asked (please note not especially musically gifted, but do enjoy listening!)

The first (Lull) seems very tranquil to me and I liked the pipes/flute. After a point, the repetitive strain in the middle mark (maybe around 00:36 got a touch annoying to me. I might cut it to a few fewer repetitions?) Otherwise very pretty.

Wishing Well: I really liked this one. There was a nice balance, with the melodies shifting often enough to keep my interest, but smoothly enough together that the piece felt coherent. (There was also a fair amount of complexity, which I thought was interesting to listen to.)

Graveyard of ambition: The intro, again, felt like maybe it had the same 5 note repetition a few too many times in a row for my taste. I liked it for a few passes, but then was waiting for something else to happen. I liked the piano after, which added an interesting complexity. (The discordance was also interesting to me, as it felt deliberate, but almost not.) The ending then seemed to perk up (major key allegro?) in a way that seemed maybe not quite in tune with the earlier parts of the song.

Any, I'll try to listen to the last two later! Regardless, thanks for sharing. They were all lovely! (I am jealous of those able to compose amazing things.) Hopefully my critiques are at least sort of helpful despite me knowing very little. :)
Finally, yes. Noted. I really need this kind of input since I haven't got any from anyone close to me.
Thank you so much for your thoughts and time. I really appreciate it :)

Soundicate

#6 Post by Soundicate »

New music uploaded !

Soundicate

#7 Post by Soundicate »

made some oriental thing :)

About a warrior's journey to china. Yeah, something like that.
Last edited by Soundicate on Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soundicate

#8 Post by Soundicate »

This one is epic dramatic music about colossal war of south east asian kingdoms.

Beck

#9 Post by Beck »

I have issues with your engineering. Your soundstage is lopsided, everything leans diagonal and to the left. This is a recurring theme in all the things posted so far.

You've panned things way too extreme, and made some choices that aren't the best. When you're doing the panning, so want to have the frequencies be even on the sides. What I mean by that is you shouldn't have lower instruments panned one way, and higher another. I get trying to mix as if you're looking at an ensemble in real life, but those tend to be mixed as if in a live room.

Are you mixing in an environment or on equipment that isn't set up right? For the longest time, I was doing work on a pair of monitors at incorrect angles and definitely affected my product.