Hanafuda Club Demo Released!

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Hanafuda Club Demo Released!

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Yes, it's been a while without any games for Lemma Soft, but I'm proud to announce my current project, Hanafuda Club, is well underway and has a playable demo. Yay!

http://www.lemmasoft.net/games_hanafudaclub.html

Thanks to Magi-san for the character art 8)

Please post any comments or questions you have about the demo or full game. :D

teankun
Regular

#2 Post by teankun »

I wish that in the game play that "continue" would actually continue with another deal instead of returning to the menu. (I know that the demo would not continue with story).

Anyhoo, the card game is really fun.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#3 Post by rioka »

Hmmm.... only 20 minutes to finish... :thinks:

Gah! I can't play it. I shouldn't. Must finish BL first. TT_TT
Unnggg... I hope I finish in time... *_*

Anyways, looks great Blue Lemma!

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by musical74 »

Yes, eclispe, you must finish Blind Love or mikey and I will chase you down and give you odd looks!

Finished playing the demo...tend to do pretty bad on it still...maybe some of that is luck but it seems that one is pretty easy to challenge and the other....YIKES she really knows her stuff - but she made the club, so I guess that makes sense :?

Thought it was very nice to see Lemma, the offical mascot of Lemmasoft, in the demo...will she be in the finished game too?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

denzil
Veteran

#5 Post by denzil »

That was fun. I hope Lemma will be in finished version too. And why I can't vote for her in the other thread? :)

Btw: Is there a way to run the demo windowed? That would be useful.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

Congratulations on the demo. I was a bit surprised to see it's a demo if I have to be honest, I thought it was going to be a full game, but this is a system that worked for you with Shoujo Attack, so I think that eventually, the game will get done, as the bulk of the programming is behind you anyway, since the card game is working and all.

Sooo... that's what hanafuda is, then. I've tried it and it looks really nice, even though I'm not into card games too much. I like the combination between a VN and a card game though. The game will last much longer without the need for a lengthy script.

Graphics are great, no question, the chracters, especially Ichigo and Lemma. And yes, I, too, sign my name under the "we want Lemma" petition. And don't forget Alice! She's been in TOL and SA, and all we could do is look, so why not become the boyfriend that she talks to in TOL? That would tie things together, wouldn't that be great? So... FIVE girls is what we want :wink: .

I like the menu, the layout, it has a typical Lemmasoft look and feel and it's very good to see, since it was that special something that made your games... well, special. It has that colorful and cheerful look that I like so much, and even the cards are all flowers and birds and things... it's cute.

Drawbacks... well, I have only found one if you'd like to hear it. It's the way the people talk, which is very vulgar. It's for this reason that I didn't feel any true attachment to any of the girls, because they were talking (about them) like that. Of course, this is a demo, so I have no way of knowing how that will play out and how much romance there will actually be - and I think you will assure me that there will be romance - and I will believe you - and I've somehow answered this point myself. :P Still, I'd probably think about the level of vulgar language, so that it accidentally doesn't become a favorite of the Let's Hentai Hentai type of players.

In the end, I think this is going to be a very good game and if nothing goes terribly wrong, even the best LS game to date, as I think this type of gameplay really brings out your game-making strengths (compact, cute and varied). So good luck with the demo and thank you for updating the page... now I can sleep peacefully.
musical74 wrote:Yes, eclipse, you must finish Blind Love or mikey and I will chase you down and give you odd looks!
And so, the M&M Alliance has just been formed. :twisted:
Now, to train my odd look. :x ... no, .... :? ... not quite, but we will get the hang of it! One day... and then...! Muhahaaaaa!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

To run the demo windowed, you create the file window.txt in the demo directory. This isn't a supported mode, so if it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.

Has anyone made it to the special ending yet?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#8 Post by Otaku Dash »

Wierd enough I already had played this card system on my bro's Pokemon Zany cards for gameboy Mini (Don't ask >_> long time ago) and I found the card system very interesting (I didn't even know it was called Hanafuda ^^; ) . SO of course I'm looking foward to this game already :)

The artwork seems great so Kudos for Magi-san on that ^^ It seems well organized and teh toturial is well made and easy to learn so playability should be easy to pick up for those who haven't played it before... I have and I know the game is very addicting and fun.. but that's my opinion ;P.

Lemma looks great on this game and Gaji is great for comic relief... from the charas intro they seemed to have solid backgrounds and defined personalities.. although a bit sterotipe-like they seem very interesting and pull the player to get them to knwo them better.

I just gave it a quick overall so I still have to look for the "special ending"... so.. yeah :P

In sum it looks like a great recipie for an awsome new game from Lemma-soft and I'm already jumpy and waiting to try it out. Thumbs up!
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#9 Post by papillon »

"Nothing says special ending like..."

*grin* So I suppose that's a yes on my part, neh?

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#10 Post by rioka »

Sugoi! All bow down to the great papillon! (I can't believe a girl beat the boys to it... ^_~)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#11 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:Sugoi! All bow down to the great papillon! (I can't believe a girl beat the boys to it... ^_~)
Of course. Unlike the girls, boys don't have that much time, because they are working on their games. :wink:

Anyway, about the ending, is it something that is available only in the demo, or will it also be in the full version?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#12 Post by PyTom »

Hey, I got it... well, let's say that RAIN agents have a way of making people talk. So I guess I didn't get it.

I wouldn't expect this particular ending to be in the final game. But Lemma has promised that the final game will have similar levels of ecchiness. In fact, he has repeatedly bemoaned the general lack of ecchiness around here.

Okay, maybe I should have been working on one of the games in the queue. :-)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#13 Post by papillon »

Of course. Unlike the girls, boys don't have that much time, because they are working on their games.
a HEM.

Do you want me to flood the entire contents of my working directory at you? :)

No, I just got lucky. If I hadn't won immediately I wouldn't have kept trying.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#14 Post by PyTom »

papillon wrote:Do you want me to flood the entire contents of my working directory at you?
Yes. Yes we do.

Is an episode of Strawberry Panic really enough Yuri for one week?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#15 Post by papillon »

... oo, I haven't checked to see if I've got new eps of that in a while... (Yes, you're thoroughly unsurprised that I'm watching that. :) )