Hanafuda Club Demo Released!

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#46 Post by Nafai »

*laughs* Have to admit the actual card game is still voer my head - but I liked the story mode a lot. Great art and excellent dialogue. Even with a few lines the girls are already distinct - including Lemma ^_^ ... Oh yes, Gaji too :P

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#47 Post by Blue Lemma »

Aww, that gives me a nice warm feeling, Nafai ^^ I'm glad I was able to express the individuality of the girls and that you liked it!

And it seems like hanafuda is spreading to the other forumites, as well :twisted:

Mr. E
Regular

#48 Post by Mr. E »

Congratulations for the game, lemma. I am training hard at Hanafuda right now so that when the final version is launched I'll be at least a fairly reasonable player.
But just a few (rather annoying) questions/pointers:
1) When Lin smiles in the game (story mode) the face shown in the little window next to the text is different from her face in the actual game (it's the eyes). It's nothing big, but was it intended?
2) When playing Hanafuda I *think* managed a Yaku of the blank red poem strips but wasn't awarded any points (no "Yaku" message either). It was early on, when I was still learning the game, so maybe I was just wrong... But better tell you just to be on the safe side.
Sorry for being a bit of a bother. Your game is truly great (especially the secret ending!) so don't let my comments disencourage you or anything. (I want to play the final version too!)

*EDIT*

Oops... sorry. I didn't realize there were FOUR cards with little red poem strips. I just checked and it's perfectly possible to score a Yaku with the proper three.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#49 Post by Watercolorheart »

(-1, Offtopic)

"A long-awaited Lemma Soft project is finally at a critical milestone."

I read that as at critical moisture at first, now I KNOW that I haven't been sleeping enough.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#50 Post by Blue Lemma »

Mr. E wrote:1) When Lin smiles in the game (story mode) the face shown in the little window next to the text is different from her face in the actual game (it's the eyes). It's nothing big, but was it intended?
Haha, you caught me ^_^; No, it's not intended, but it wasn't unknown, either. It'll be fixed in the full version.
Mr. E wrote:Sorry for being a bit of a bother. Your game is truly great (especially the secret ending!) so don't let my comments disencourage you or anything. (I want to play the final version too!)
Questions are no bother! I love getting comments and questions =:3
Thanks for the kind words! :D

BCS>> Hopefully I'll reach another critical moisture soon :wink:

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#51 Post by chronoluminaire »

Yay! This was cute and fun. I've already commented on the characters over at the "Women of Hanafuda Club" thread, but I'll also add:

Just one criticism: Keyboard controls, Blue, keyboard controls! I'm mostly healed from my RSI right now, but the one thing that can most set it of is repetitive clicking. Just give us Space or Enter or PageDown or /something/ to advance the text!

While Gaji is quite fun, I'm looking forward to less of his comments in the full game. However, I'd like to see Rachel...

I'm one of those who's heard of Hanafuda before (I'd considered buying a set from J-List). But what I didn't realise is that there's already an H game with the same game in it!

An excellent little game called Star Platinum, which I played about 5 years ago. It's entirely in Japanese, so I couldn't follow much of the story, but it has 12 suits of 4 cards each (in that case they all correspond to a suit of the Zodiac), some of which are worth points and others aren't, and some of which form special 3- or 4-card combos worth many many more points. And if you beat the girl you're playing against, she also will remove a layer of clothing.

In fact, I think in that game you also had a helpful fairy going around with you. Except she was a female fairy, and I think once you'd beat all 6 human opponents (well, 7 - Gemini was a pair of twins), you got to play strip Star Platinum against your fairy mascot too...
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#52 Post by Blue Lemma »

That's a great idea - I'll put keyboard controls in the full version :D

Don't worry, Gaji doesn't get as many lines proportionally in the full game because there are more girls there to crowd him out. Lin is like the opposite of Gaji, so she keeps him in line somewhat. :wink:

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by monele »

This made me chuckle :

http://www.typemoon.com/hollow/image/hana02.jpg
http://www.typemoon.com/hollow/image/hana03.jpg

From Fate/Stay night Ataraxia ^^. Seems there's a mini-game of Hanafuda too :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#54 Post by musical74 »

I noticed something odd...

How is breaking a tie determined? It happened twice in a row, and once I won it (I had 85, Lin had 85, but I was classified as *WINNER*) and another time I had 80, Maki had 80, and she was classified as WINNER. What's the decision for who wins where there's a tie?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#55 Post by Blue Lemma »

In a tie, the order of winning goes:

Dealer, person to left of dealer, person to left of that person, and so on

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#56 Post by Tom Bombadil »

Hah, fun demo. I always wanted to learn Hanafuda. Girls are fairly cool, although none of them strike me off the bat as being as cool as Miko or some other ren'ai-ers I could (maybe >_>) name. I found it kinda hard to keep up with what was going on in-game sometimes, especially with 3 players. And I admit, I'm quite looking forward to the ecchi aspect. <__< But, ah, I would also encourage a bit more skin than is traditional in LS games. >_>

Is it too early to bug you about a release date? <_<
Meh, I don't feel like coming up with a sig right now....^_^;;

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#57 Post by Blue Lemma »

Whoa, I missed this post earlier :shock:

There is definitely more skin than in other LS games, but nothing that should make you feel TOO dirty :wink:

Sadly, the release date might get moved back (arrrrrgh) due to grad school and some art coordination problems, but I'm staying optimistic that the meat will be done by the said time.

Jarkota
Regular

#58 Post by Jarkota »

I think this demo is rigged.......every single time I play (I stopped counting at 150 games, so I can't give you an accurate figure), the goth-looking girl always wins with over 150 points, with the other girl (she reminds me of Kasumi from Ranma 1/2) coming in second with around 80, and I've never gotten more than 50. I follow the car chart and Yaku charts, but for cards that the card chart says I should get 20 points for, I end up getting only 5. Every now and then and I get lucky and the card drawn from the deck at the end of my turn will give me, say, a twenty-point score, but that's the most I've ever gotten. I refuse to believe that I'm that bad at this game.....

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#59 Post by Taleweaver »

You are that bad at Hanafuda :)
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Jarkota
Regular

#60 Post by Jarkota »

Yeesh; I come here for support and what do I get.....? :p

Anyway, is there some other type of guide/tutorial I can use to get better at this game? The in-game lessons scratch the surface, but the relations of the cards aren't in-depth enough. I look at the card chart, compare it to what I have and what is on the table, I match two cards that should give me 20 points or more, and I get a lousy 5 or 10, while the AI consistantly gets 15- and 20-point scores, not to mention three or four Yaku in one game. If I can just learn what I'm doing wrong, I could be better at this.

Please, can someone help me? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: