Hanafuda Club Demo Released!

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#61 Post by Blue Lemma »

I'm not quite sure what to say.... :? Are you sure you're reading the point values off the chart right? You can print out the chart from the Hanafuda Club webpage. Make sure you are matching cards when possible. That's a good rule of thumb. If you can take a card and it's worth points, do it.

The game really isn't rigged. I'd have nothing to gain from frustrating everyone in the demo :P

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#62 Post by musical74 »

The game isn't rigged, but it DOES seem to have a randomness that can be QUITE frustrating. It gets very annoying when Lin keeps having all these great cards and I don't have SQUAT. When I lose at Hanafuda, it's generally to Lin. It really depends on the way the cards are set at the beginning...it would be easier to know which cards combined to form a YAKU. When you release the main game, will you highlight those so that when there's two cards of the set that we have and the third's still out there, you can highlight the area around the cards that might form a YAKU? Or is that not possible?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Unicorn
Regular

#63 Post by Unicorn »

A few strategical hints:

Besides bearing all the Yakus in mind (thatäs what you can assume do the computer-players too) you should definitely focus onthe cards that appear in two Yakus! Not only do they give you the chance to complete 2 Yakus for yourself, but also getting each of them blocks those two Yakus from completion for all your opponents!

Beware of cards that look a lot like the cards included in Yakus, but actually aren't!

Make use of the display of already played cards in order to build a strategy for which cards you want to keep (in order to catch another card that would complete one of your uncompleted Yakus). There are of every month only 4 cards in play. If two of a month are already out, the other two are yours if you just keep the one remaining card on your hand long enough!

NEVER drop a card that could be used in two different Yakus!
... and should you be lucky and have the Gaji on the hand from the start, then use it wisely, particulary if a double-Yaku-card should appear on the table!

... I think that should be enough for working on your own strategy! Good luck - and give my regards to Lemma, when/if you should see IT! :twisted:

Jarkota
Regular

#64 Post by Jarkota »

Thanks for the tips, guys; thanks to an extremely-lucky Sugawara (Poem Strip) Yaku and three successive 20-point scores, I managed to leave Lin and Maki in the dust with 165 points (in an ironic turn, this time it was Maki who only scored 50 points).

In regards to the "IT" you speak of, Unicorn................why do you think I've spent so much time playing this game? (Well, aside from my addiction to card games.........Yu-Gi-Oh!, anyone?) But, despite my winning this game with such a shutout victory, I find myself no closer to "IT". I had thought I'd finally get this 'secret ending' everyone spoke of, but, alas, I find myself disappointed.

Also, to Blue Lemma............do you realize that the colors/patterns of this game take on a somewhat new meaning when you play the game listening to Karma Chameleon by The Culture Club?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#65 Post by monele »

Aww... c'mon, someone give him the trick, he deserved it :). If no one does, I will... (if I can remember the exact words @_@)

Jarkota
Regular

#66 Post by Jarkota »

Monole.......are you aware of just how adorable your avatar is?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#67 Post by monele »

I usually think of it as "aw cute" material, but it seems to attract people more than expected, yes ^.^;

Unicorn
Regular

#68 Post by Unicorn »

Jarkota wrote: In regards to the "IT" you speak of, Unicorn................why do you think I've spent so much time playing this game? (Well, aside from my addiction to card games.........Yu-Gi-Oh!, anyone?) But, despite my winning this game with such a shutout victory, I find myself no closer to "IT". I had thought I'd finally get this 'secret ending' everyone spoke of, but, alas, I find myself disappointed.
If you want IT then be sincere about IT!

(I hope, you saved after the cardgame was won. If IT happens actually only depends on your decisions during the text-part, even if winning the cardgame of course is another barrier that blocks the path to IT...)

... and that's the closest that I can get without plainly giving away the solution - that I actually don't know in all detail either! But if I recall correctly, there are only two text-decisions that are to be made anyway, so only 4 paths possible - and one leads to IT! :wink:

Jarkota
Regular

#69 Post by Jarkota »

But I have no save option or anything, and the only "text" parts of the game are the brief intro in "story" mode and the "Learn Hanafuda" thing. Wait............don't tell me............I've spent months just on the demo while you guys have been playing a full version............?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#70 Post by monele »

I don't think you need to win the Hanafuda game to get to this part. It can be reached in the demo version (which is the only available version). You have to play through the story part and be very... Gaji-esque :)

Unicorn
Regular

#71 Post by Unicorn »

* nods *

In addition to this: IT happens in the story-mode. And there you shouldn't play a saint - be sincere instead and show by ypour reactions (before AND after the cardgame) that you are indeed interested in girls - particulary the one with the light blue hair, but the other ones should also stir your interest.

Jarkota
Regular

#72 Post by Jarkota »

WAHOO! YES! YEE-HAW! *does several backflips and other acrobatic feats*

(((I'll give you three guesses as to what I found. Thanks, guys. Oh, and the game does have to be won; it's just so bloody difficult, what with her penchant for getting that uber-lucky last-possible-second Yaku.)))

*does more backflips*

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#73 Post by monele »

Right, I forgot there was a game in that part too ^^;... Well, glad you finally found it too :)

Jarkota
Regular

#74 Post by Jarkota »

Heh; if Blue Lemma can promise more of that kind of Hanafuda in the full version, I'll definitely play it. Heck, if it's good enough (and I think you kow what I mean there, *wink wink*), I'd be willing to buy it!!!

...........Please don't let Lemma-chan kill me for this...........

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#75 Post by Blue Lemma »

Every time Lemma hears another person saw "IT", she blushes. It's so cute :P

Yes, there will be more of "that kind" of hanafuda in the complete version, but it will be optional. (You'll have the option to play only if you've earned it, though! Girls won't play "that kind" of hanafuda with a guy they don't like, right? :P )