Suggestion

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Aku_Ma

Suggestion

#1 Post by Aku_Ma »

For the menu selections. Make the choices more non constraining. For example the one in the begging about the hobbies. In stead of writing and drawing have Intelectual physical and vlugar activites or something. With descrp beside each. I know it sounds weird but im not into writting or drawing or leering or sports so it kinda is a little irksome to have to pick one. Other then that its an awsome game.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

I don't think that's a good idea

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

I don't think that's a good idea, actually.
Or rather, I think it's an idea which would be completely impossible to implement properly.

You'll notice that Miko responds to the specifics that you mention - for example, if you select "writing or drawing", then the conversation goes on about being able to put pencil to paper and create something. There's a different between "artsy" and "intellectual".

If Lemma wanted everyone to be able to select a line of dialogue that they could actually agree with themselves, then he'd have to either provide hundreds of different answers, or make them all so non-specific that further conversation would be impossible.

I've been developing a dating game for a while now which does have a lot more options for the player - it lets you play the main character in all sorts of different ways... and it's *really difficult* to write dialogue for that kind of game that actually works. The amount of conversation you have to write increases exponentially, and even with many options, I still can't provide the ability for the player to do *everything* they'd like to.

You'll always have to roleplay a bit in dating games. It's not that bad really. ;) Either just select the option which is closest to what you'd say yourself, or just make up a personality and play as if you were that person. It's more fun that way.

The Dark One

Re: I don't think that's a good idea

#3 Post by The Dark One »

chronoluminaire wrote:If Lemma wanted everyone to be able to select a line of dialogue that they could actually agree with themselves, then he'd have to either provide hundreds of different answers, or make them all so non-specific that further conversation would be impossible.
I agree totally with Chrono. I think it would be much harder and I just like it the way it is.
~ThE dArK oNe~

comparative

#4 Post by comparative »

* spamarific post deleted by Blue Lemma, user banned *