Shoujo Attack! 2

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Shoujo Attack! 2

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

I've been flattered and surprised by all of the positive attention Shoujo Attack! has been getting on the internet! Many people seem to want a sequel, so I'm thinking about creating a new Shoujo Attack! game. (It would be after I finish my current projects, of course.)

Does this sound like a good idea? Is there anything anyone would like to see in a sequel? What should be changed, and what should be kept the same? Any new task or skill ideas? How about difficulty level compared with the first game?

Thanks for your opinions! :D

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Level editor! If there was anything the old game needed, it is a level editor. Difficulty was fine, except for ONE level where the solution was... well, NOT fair :) I believe you know what I'm talking about (pixel-perfect Demon Shoujo, anyone?) Keep up the rest.

Oh, and as for new skills: I want a Musician Shoujo that makes all Shoujo she passes by follow her.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Jerails
Veteran

#3 Post by Jerails »

Sub-classes!!!

Musician Shoujo? Sub-class it! A piper who makes others follow her! A guitar-rocker who brings down the roof! Literally! An ocarina player that teleports back to the start of the stage! A singer that stops the other shoujo in their tracks!!

New skills?

Underage insanse mad scientist shoujo! Capable of creating flying exploding metallic turtles in the span of three frames!

Dancer Shoujo! Grooves with other shoujo, launching them away with a spectacular show of rythm!

More danger! Tentacle creatures roam the darkest depths of every level, killing-er...groping the shoujo that strayed too close!

If I think of more, I'll be here.
It's been a while, folks!

Erik
Regular

#4 Post by Erik »

A sequel sounds like a good idea to me. To elaborate on the singing shoujo - how about a bad-singer one, who scares all the others into running away from her at double speed? :P

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#5 Post by Otaku Dash »

A shoujo attack sequel!? Right on! yes a sequel is what fans (like me :P ) really need.

I'm on with the level editor idea. :D
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Ecchi Tiff
Regular

#6 Post by Ecchi Tiff »

Erik wrote:A sequel sounds like a good idea to me. To elaborate on the singing shoujo - how about a bad-singer one, who scares all the others into running away from her at double speed? :P
Can we just call her the Minmei shoujo? :D

A level editor would be nice, though one that was capable of linking series of levels together would be even better (campaign editor?)
Kyra: "You can kiss my acetabulum!"
Lord Pathos: "Hmm, tempting offer, coming from a cute girl like you."
Kyra: "Ug, I think I'm gonna be sick. Tom, let's get this quy, quick!"

Grey
Veteran

#7 Post by Grey »

Some of these ideas sound a bit like putting more shoujo in just for the hell of it.

Anyway I think you got the difficulty spot on in the last one.

Maybe a Sporty Shoujo skill, like the ninja or android, that makes the shojo run everywhere ahead of the others instead of walk.

An idea found in the original Lemmings games that might be quite interesting to apply was using the same level 2 different ways.

Like in the easier stages say you're on a high platform, and a load of androids to reach the goal at the bottom. Simple.

But then in the later levels you're put back on the level but minus the androids. I seem to remember that coming up quite a bit in one of the Lemmings games I played.

Also on the Lemmings theme if you wanted to be kind you could put in something like the Sand Pourer. So many times when I was playing through it my Shoujos were barred from getting anywhere because there was a tiny little barrier or lump in the way after making a way to somewhere. 1 out of 6 times I might have be able to remedy it with a damn archer, but mostly I just made it worse :?

Having to restart the whole level that you've managed to do right this time because of 2/3 pixels got really annoying in places (read mostly Fantasy)

Oh, and another thing as well (I can't stop now I've started! :roll: ) Most of the latter levels struck me as being either Up or Down levels. In up levels you got a load of building or creating shoujo, painters/flower growers etc to help you go upwards, adding new terrain

In Down levels you got a load of destructive shoujo, Bratty, Devil etc to help you go downwards, through terrain. In Sexy 5 it really struck me though, that there were no 'creative' Down shoujo, like a downwards painter or a lift operator Shojo ( :roll: ). And like in Sexy 5 when there wasn't a lot of land to destroy to go downwards, one would have been useful. Similarly there were no 'destructive' Up Shoujo, like I dunno a Human Cannonball Shoujo that makes a upwards diagonal passage through blocks of terrain. (I can only see a few sorts of places where this would be helpful though)

Phew, I said a lot more than I thought I had to say. And just for the record (you could probably get quite the wrong impression from ^^^) I did think Shoujo Attack was a great game :D
Last edited by Grey on Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#8 Post by mikey »

SA2? A level editor, that is a GOOD idea - and make-your-own-shoujo... maybe... :D

Pikawil

#9 Post by Pikawil »

Water. And some shoujo swimming abilty ala Lemmings 2.

Ezzetabi
Regular

#10 Post by Ezzetabi »

I think that more than a Shoujo Attack 2, we need a level editor.
I'd love downloading new fan made channels.

About new shoujos I miss the suicide bomb of lemmings. Of course since you have to save all girls a suicide is undoable but I'd like to see the good old 5 second delayed ability.
Maybe a Sorceror Shoujo that mumble for 5 seconds spell-like words, while walking of course, and at the fiveth second scream 'Megadeth' and destroy a good circle of terrain.

I still haven't finished the game, so maybe there is already something like this but if it don't... Well, it should be. ;)
Last edited by Ezzetabi on Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My shoujo attack's tutorial page is completed!

Tyler
Regular

#11 Post by Tyler »

[lame] FAT Shoujo. When Shoujos fall they bounce of fat belly and land safely. But there is a down fall to balance it out: falling from to far will make shoujo bounce to high and fall down to splat. [/lame]

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#12 Post by rioka »

Shoujo ideas:
1. Rich girl shoujo - snaps her fingers and random guys in black suits and shades come and destroy or build stuff for her
2. Laughing shoujo (you know, the annoying rich girl laugh a la Naga (Slayers), Kodachi (Ranma), etc) - can clear out a space within a certain radius - or maybe break glass (Music channel) with her high pitched voice.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#13 Post by Otaku Dash »

[Dumb idea] Kicker shoujo (like Naru from Love hina) -> Kicks other shoujos makind them do diagonal high jumps (farther than the Happy shoujo) [End dumb idea]
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by musical74 »

I agree a level editor is a good idea :)

As far as more Shoujo...

I think a *singer shoujo* is a good idea :) Be neat to have a shoujo singing her heart out and how the various shoujo react to her singing, meaning they love her singing, or they decide to be a music critic, or they are courious, and so forth.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Som

#15 Post by Som »

How about better terrain graphics? You could have different types and things.
My life is an experiment in stupidity.