Shoujo Attack! 2

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#31 Post by Megaman Z »

Beta wrote:[the level editor willl give me a way to annoy the heck out of Zeta...]
don't even go there! you know how close to insanity some of your "levels" for other games have driven me!

*looks around*
Ezzetabi wrote:Why annoy? You mean give an interesting and fun challenge?
two things:

A) typo. bold letter wasn't there. if this comes across as being a smart***, then I'm sorry, but I just notice these things... (and yet I still have ADHD moments, as Beta indicated elsewhere)

B) I know exactly what she means... if you've played 3D lemmings (link takes you to the HOTU data page for it. If you really want it, somewhere there's a DL site for it... I'm not posting it here, though!) and have seen the ferris wheel level, you have an idea of what Beta might cook up (in 2D, of course)... only about... 283642363.78362762 times harder (rough estimate) if it isn't impossible! (people claim the ferris wheel level IS impossible... I just shot all the lemmings and moved on... [don't ask, just look for the cheat code for the explanation])

Topikku made ikimasu...

Blue Lemma, go ahead with Shoujo Attack 2. even if I can't beat it (which is nothing new, as I've never managed to beat one of these games WITH a stratagy guide [Ezzetabi, don't even think about it!]), a level editor will keep me busy... until I decide to play Lifeline so that I can yell at a semi-dumb blonde... which won't last long... wait... what was I saying again?
~Kitsune Zeta

Ezzetabi
Regular

#32 Post by Ezzetabi »

I played 3d lemmings (or better I even bought it! How long...). Nice. I did not know Beta was a level desiner, great!
The real drawback of 3dL is that is it just the classical 2d lemming adding some task for changing directions of 2/(greek p) radiants.
But I disagree with you about difficulty, I think some original lemming levels was harder. But it was long ago, maybe I am just remembering wrong.

About the typo, in the case it is not clear enough english is not my native language. I am sorry for mispelling... But where is the point of noticing? Just read. And what is a 'stratagy' guide anyway? It just happen to miswrite...

A 3d Shoujo attack would be great. :) :)
My shoujo attack's tutorial page is completed!

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Megaman Z »

a stratagy guide for this, by my definition, would be what you have as well as the basics on how to play, what EACH SHOUJO does, the aim of the game, techniques involving multiple Shoujo type assignment (one example for lemmings would be taking a blocker lemming that's on something that has to be blown up and having him detonate. not applicable to Lemmings Chronicles, where that technique is replaced by a bomb item, among other tweaks...), and little tidbits of interesting information that doesn't really happen to be of any good use in the game.

this may not be what most other people consider a stratagy guide, but they have their own definitions for what one is...

back on topic:

Beta can take a "glitch" in a game and exploit it. for "the incredible machine" (which is one game she hasn't touched yet.), one such glitch would be getting a ball THROUGH a wall without blowing it up! [pipe tool, position it to the left, hit the "plus" key repeatedly. the pipe will extend though the wall. granted, the official levels don't allow this glitch to work, as the goal doesn't quite let you pull it off...]

(the one she does exploit regularly, on the other hand, is one of the most annoying glitches if done right. it's for Wolfenstein 3D. if there is a "deaf guard" floor code placed adjacent to a door [such as Deaf/Door/normal floor code], the door will be jammed and invisible. whether or not you can shoot through it is something I'd have to double-check.)
in the case it is not clear enough english is not my native language.
oh... okay. learn something new every day... usually. I didn't learn anything yesterday, or the day before...
~Kitsune Zeta

Grey
Veteran

#34 Post by Grey »

I think Ezzetabi was pointing out that you spelled strategy wrong, after you picked out the typo in his post, rather than asking what one was.

Ezzetabi
Regular

#35 Post by Ezzetabi »

Nice to see you Grey. And nice to read a meaningful post finally... :-)

Of course you are right, but it seems that MegamanZ thinks he(she?) have the right of giving new meanings to words: 'by my definition' he say... Crazyness, nothing more.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Megaman Z »

people have said my definitions are wrong for some things (including "stratigery" guides*, Ezzetabi, so that should clear that misconception up). I just see it as people having different ideas on exactly how something is defined when there is no set-in-stone definition.

*-Stratigery: I recall someone (I think George W. Bush) saying Stratigery instead of stratagy (and before you start nailing me for typos again, Word does accept that spelling!) in his public speeches.

I'll give you until monday to think of a comeback (if you really want to drag this discussion off-topic.). if there's none posted, then we'll drop this little discussion.

[and yes, I'm a "he"]
*wonders what Blue Lemma is going to add to this game to make it more interesting*
~Kitsune Zeta

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I don't really want to take sides, but I agree with Megaman Z that a strategy guide includes a lot of stuff besides solutions. Perhaps the tutorial Ezzetabi is making would be more properly called a answer guide- or cheat sheet. To turn it into a strategy guide, you'd need to have some basic info, as well as general strategies (instead of specific solutions)

Grey
Veteran

#38 Post by Grey »

Megaman Z wrote:people have said my definitions are wrong for some things (including "stratigery" guides*, Ezzetabi, so that should clear that misconception up). I just see it as people having different ideas on exactly how something is defined when there is no set-in-stone definition.

*-Stratigery: I recall someone (I think George W. Bush) saying Stratigery instead of stratagy (and before you start nailing me for typos again, Word does accept that spelling!) in his public speeches.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stratagy - Stratagy isn't defined on dictionary.com. My copy of Word doesn't accept it or replaces it with strategy on UK or US language.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stratigery - Stratigery isn't defined either

As to George Bush, misunderestimated isn't a word either :roll:

Ezzetabi
Regular

#39 Post by Ezzetabi »

Grey, you are the best... :)
(Btw I also checked 'stratagy' on http://www.m-w.com before answering the first time)

Anyway, a part of this strange discussion about how to write words where people think to know more than dictionaries...

The page of mine has never been a strategy guide, but a tutorial page (read the homepage...) and in a game like Shoujo Attack where the strategy is? It is just a puzzle game!
There are one or more solutions, not strategies...

It is not a militar simulation where I can give general peices of advice. Like 'keep soldiers behind tanks, they'll survive longer'.

But I am interested in your point of view, what do you mean?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#40 Post by Blue Lemma »

Ack!! :shock:

Lemma: *runs in and douses the flames before they get too big*

:lol:

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

BL is right. We should stop arguing about mis-spellings. It's pointless. This forum is about Shoujo Attack- not how to spell.

I think it is possible to write strategies for Shoujo Attack. Such as listing unconventional ways of using certain skills- like using the Demon skill not to dig down deeper, but to make shoujo (I wanted to pluralize that with an "s", but Japanese doesn't have a plural form >_<) turn around and walk the other direction.
Granted, such strategies might not be useful very often, but I think they would be beneficial. They can help give someone the ability to solve a level, without actually doing it for them

Ezzetabi
Regular

#42 Post by Ezzetabi »

Blue Lemma wrote:Ack!! :shock:
Lemma: *runs in and douses the flames before they get too big*
:lol:
Do not try to escape, soon my site will be completed and you, if you are a man, will make that dawn editor! ;)

@ShiraiJunichi: I see your point now, thanks.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Megaman Z »

there are a few flames burning. some of the ground near the flames is wet.
>Inventory
you have: 1 PS2, 1 copy of MGS3 for the PS2, 1 dualshock controller for the PS2, 1 fire extinguisher, 1 CD player, 1 computer, and a lot of other junk that's completely irrelevant to this adventure
>use fire extinguisher with flames
Megaman Z puts out the fires using the fire extinguisher
>x fire extinguisher
it is empty.
>discard fire extinguisher
Megaman Z discards the fire extinguisher
>scream "I'm back!"
Megaman Z: "I'M BACK!"
>end this cheesy joke
cheesy joke ended

*plays catchup*
about the whole fire incident>>whoops! [sweat emoticon not present... darnit!] sorry about that. didn't mean to start LFWI (lemmasoft forum war I).

BL>>please continue working on SAII (shoujo attack II). also, you missed a couple tiny fires. I got them for you.

Grey>>I'll look into that. I never added any words to Word's dictionary (apart from a couple of names it didn't recognize), so something's going on here. I had spell-checking on when I typed the word in there, hit space, the word wasn't even highlighted, let alone corrected. oh well... I guess the ways words are spelled might actually change with the times. for now, though, let's drop the whole discussion.

Ezzetabi>>keep working on the guide, please. I'll get around to getting SA back on my computer one of these days...

everyone in general (including those mentioned above)>>Is it just me or did things slow down a bit since I left?
~Kitsune Zeta

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#44 Post by lina inverse »

i maked a game myself!
u know the game well of souls?
i made it with some other guys
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

Ezzetabi
Regular

#45 Post by Ezzetabi »

http://www.synthetic-reality.com/wosHome.htm ?
No, I do not know it. But congrats, what role did you have in creating that Game? Programmer? Musician? Other?