Obfuscation in Renpy 6.0.0

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Ivlivs
Veteran

Obfuscation in Renpy 6.0.0

#1 Post by Ivlivs »

I want to archive images and music so as to obfuscate them, but the archiving function on the launcher is grayed out. What do I do?

Note for those who don't know what I mean:
"Obfuscation" is when you make the files inaccessible through standard methods like going to the directory or opening image manipulation software or music players. The game still accesses the files as it needs them, but the files themselves are not standalone pieces that someone could take and put in another game.

denzil
Veteran

#2 Post by denzil »

In the directory with your game there is a launcherinfo.py file. In this file there is line:

Code: Select all

ro=True
Change this line to:

ro=False
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

Ivlivs
Veteran

#3 Post by Ivlivs »

Thanks a lot. I'm glad that this version makes archiving an easy operation.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

denzil wrote:In the directory with your game there is a launcherinfo.py file. In this file there is line:

ro=True
Change this line to:

ro=False
I was unaware of this need. How come the option was at True?... and what does "ro" mean then?

denzil
Veteran

#5 Post by denzil »

monele wrote:I was unaware of this need. How come the option was at True?... and what does "ro" mean then?
"ro" is used to protect demo, template... from obfuscation I think (and probably means read only). Not sure why it was enabled - either it was copied from template or Ivlivs edited template or...
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

Read Only, yeah... would seem logical :). Well thanks, I had no idea this existed ^^