blue lemma, we need an update!

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
wind
Regular

#16 Post by wind »

Thanks blue, the picture is now saved and if lemma isn't nice, ready to be spammed all over the internet.

wind
Regular

Re: blue lemma, we need an update!

#17 Post by wind »

I know a double post is frowned upon but.

Lemma, how close are we to getting hanafuda club? I heard you wanted to finish it before summer was over and it's getting to be about that time.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#18 Post by Blue Lemma »

Summer ends for me at the end of September (as in when I go back to classes) so...yep ^_^
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#19 Post by Otaku Dash »

*comes from the darkness, zombie like* Need... Hanafuda Club... :evil: :twisted:

Jokes aside... just wanted to break the ice... will hanafuda Club come soon now that we are in Setember, or suffer a delay? :)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by musical74 »

*checks* Yep, it's September...=)

Classes for college haven't started yet - THINK they start next week (or two weeks, not positive) so Lemma has a little time still....but yeah, I agree....need Hanafuda Club!

May have asked this before, but in case I haven't....will you get to pick who your opponent is, or is it *this is your first opponent, and there's nothing you can do about it*?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Unicorn
Regular

#21 Post by Unicorn »

Oooooooooooooo-kay!

October 1st. that means I now feel like quoting Kaolla Su: "Don't worry Blue Keitarou! You always have next year!" :wink:

May I make a small suggestion for the next announcement of a release date: "This year in December"?

This wording has the following advantages:
- everybody who bugs you in the meantime, you still can reply with: "It is not yet the end of December!"
- and after the end of December you have again - abracadabra - January 1st, thus still more than 300 days remaining until the deadline! :twisted:

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#22 Post by PyTom »

There are more thing in this heaven and earth than are imagined in your philosophy. That goes for the Lemma Soft forums as well.

Suffice it to say that Hanafuda Club is making adequate progress, and will be done when it gets there. (It's been up-scoped a bit, I gather.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#23 Post by Blue Lemma »

Yep, PyTom is right - the project has taken some interesting but good turns :D
Sadly, work hit during the summer, as well as some other stuff... but it is still coming along. I've been learning a lot about game-making and my personal strengths and weaknesses from this project.

Some stuff I've learned/decided:

* Release dates are good for internal goals, but bad for public announcement :P
* I am great and able to keep myself very motivated in creating code and gameplay, but long written stories are a weakness. Therefore, Hanafuda Club will likely be the last VN I do the main writing for. I plan on doing anime and bishoujo/ren'ai-themed games of other types, though (like Shoujo Attack! for example)

Hanafuda Club has turned straight-out 18+ it seems, and so it will be released on another site probably, where I will put those kinds of games to separate them from family-friendly Lemma Soft games ^_^

There will also be a big surprise when Hanafuda Club is released (and I don't mean the fact that it's actually released :P )

Please hang in there, receive my thanks for your patience, and spend more time playing the other cool games people have been making here 8)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by monele »

Good luck with this project then ^_^. Glad to see I'm not the only creator with a story problem ^^;

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#25 Post by Otaku Dash »

*Dresses up as a member of Ouquedan*

GAMBATTE BLUE!! *waves flag*

Things aside, we'll wait anyytime for it... it'll be well worth the wait and everyone knows that *laughs and smiles* People will be cheering for you here ^^

Monele - I figured that would be why the Magbou 2 thread has been quiet for quite a while ^^;
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

wind
Regular

#26 Post by wind »

Released on a different site? which one?

NetGenSuperstar
Regular

#27 Post by NetGenSuperstar »

Blue Lemma wrote:Hanafuda Club has turned straight-out 18+ it seems
Have I told you lately that I love you? :lol: ... :D ... :) ... :? That came out wrong...

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#28 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Blue Lemma wrote:Hanafuda Club has turned straight-out 18+ it seems,
No. No. NO!

*pounds fists against wall*

Blue Lemma-kun, the suprise better be family freindly and pretty darn worth it, else... Let's just say I'm sorry about your hardrive burning up.

If the suprise isn't the Ninja girl game...
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by DaFool »

I think I'm the one to blame for the trend of H-ing games and concepts which started out as non-H. Well, at least for two of the threads which you've shown interest in :?

Thing is, with freeware gaming, there is no pressure to appeal to a broad demographic, nor to make things accessible to as many people -- the plague of commercial games. Since the only reward is the maker's own satisfaction, he should go all-out, right?

Although, there is also the need to entertain and receive feedback from a wider variety of people.

I would consider each project on its own. Is its essence an adult game or not? It's a different question compared to the issue of whether to stick in things or not. If its essence is mature, it should be an adult game. If it's lighthearted fun, it should be all-ages.

OT, sorry.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#30 Post by Vatina »

Blue Lemma wrote:Hanafuda Club has turned straight-out 18+ it seems,
Hmmmm :(
Does that mean just a lot of nudity... or sex? (is hopeful of the former, although I guess I already know the answer)

Oh well. Guess it can't be helped if that is what you wish to do with it.