Care to Help A Total Idiot?

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^

Care to Help A Total Idiot?

#1 Post by Guest »

I was on renai's site trying to download a game to play it. It's saved onto my computer, I've tried opening..and it opens folders and information on the composition of the game, but I have yet to figure out how to play it.

Will someone please give me the walk through steps to playing?

Re: Care to Help A Total Idiot?

#2 Post by Guest »

By playing I mean to be able to start it up to play, not cheats or anything.

Jake
Support Hero

#3 Post by Jake »

Which game did you download? The steps may be different depending...

And - what did you to to 'open' it?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#4 Post by chronoluminaire »

Guest wrote:I was on renai's site trying to download a game to play it. It's saved onto my computer, I've tried opening..and it opens folders and information on the composition of the game, but I have yet to figure out how to play it.
Also, what operating system are you using, and what folders and information does it open when you open it?
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

#5 Post by Guest »

It was this one talking about Trolls it starts with an N, and I have no idea how to spell it. I have Windows Vista (sucky I know.)

I'm not quite sure which section Trolls was in but I saw it had good reviews so I decided to play it and it won't let me!

I opened it by first saving it to my computer, then pulling it up from my folders, clicking on it, it had open, or open folder. I clicked open...it took me to more folders of the game, so I tried open folders, same thing.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

My guess : it was distributed as a ZIP and Guest opened the ZIP.

If so, what you see are indeed the files for the game. You should extract these in a directory on your computer, and then look for the main game file (.exe), most probably one with an illustrative icon.

#7 Post by Guest »

Thank you! It worked.