Demo Level Solutions

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Demo Level Solutions

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

Here are some of the ways to beat each of the Shoujo Attack! demo levels:

Level 1: Meet the Shoujo!
Hopefully you can all figure this one out... :lol: Basically, just use samurais/cats/demons to free the shoujos from the room they come out in, and use a chef to build a bridge to the goal.

Level 2: A Happy Demon
This level caused more problems for players than I thought it would. While freeing the shoujos on the right is easy (just claw through the wall that blocks them from the stairs and then claw through the wall in front of the goal), it's tougher to figure out how to save the shoujos on the left. To save everyone, you need to wait for a shoujo on the right to hit the wall and then turn around. Make her a happy shoujo so she jumps onto the ledge/ramp. When she gets near the left side of the ledge, make her a demon. She will blast a diagonal tunnel though the terrain which the shoujos on the left can walk up. Use a demon or cat to give those shoujos access to the tunnel, and then use cats to free everyone like explained above.

Level 3: Greenthumb
This level has two main solutions - one of them only requires 3 skills! The long solution is to turn a shoujo into a ninja as she's walking left. When she reaches the pits, make her plant flowers across them. Next, either use a samurai to clear the left or right wall. If you clear the left wall, you'll need to use more flower shoujos to get everyone up the bottom ledge. (This is easier if you let the ninja do it first.)
Alternate simple solution:
Have the first shoujo samurai-slash through the right wall. Make the second shoujo do fanservice to delay her. After the first shoujo falls, make her a flower shoujo to get across to the goal. 8)

Level 4: The Grand Cavern
I love the music on this level! Thanks again to Helen Trevillion for letting me use her tunes 8) I think some people thought this level was harder than level 6. Make a happy shoujo jump over the small metal wall on the left. She needs to land on the ledge on the left side of the screen! When she turns around and is walking right, make her a chef. Have her walk over the bridge she made and fall on the land below. (NOTE: You might have to interrupt her cooking with a fanservice skill if the bridge is getting too long!) On the bottom land, have her cook more noodle-bridges until they run into the terrain hanging down. Have her claw through that. She should end up falling on a small piece of lower terrain. Next, have her cook more bridges across to the giant slope. When she walks all the way up the slope and is at the wall, have her claw or samurai-slash through. She should now be on the right side of the screen in a place with a lot of ramps. Just have her cook noodles across to each higher ramp, and she should be saved! Now you can use a demon to blast through the ground where the remaining shoujos are, and they should all walk over the bridges and to the goal. Whew! :shock:

Level 5: Take the Plunge!
Since level 4 was long, I'll cut to the chase: Use two demon shoujos to blast down to the triangular metal ramp. Make sure they're facing left. (This wasn't the intended solution to the level. I only realized it worked after a friend showed me! :lol: )

Level 6: Shoujo Savior
Don't hit me! :shock: This level frustrated the heck out of people. Use a cat to claw a hole in the steep hill, but turn her into a fanservice shoujo partway through. This keeps the shoujos from running off the top of the cliff and biting the big one. Next, make a right-facing shoujo into an angel so she flies up and hits her head on the ceiling above the rightmost ledge and falls onto it. When she turns around and is walking left, make her a chef to build a bridge partway across to the next platform, and make her happy (jump) when she is at the end of the bridge. At the end of the next platform, make her a flower shoujo. When she is about to walk off the end of the flower, make her a samurai so that she will dash across to the next platform. On the next platform, make her an angel so that when she hits her head, she will fall onto yet the next platform. From there, samurai-dash to the land on the left side. The shoujo could enter the goal now, but we don't want that yet! Turn her into a happy shoujo to make her jump across the goal and walk down into the pit. When she's facing right, make her a cat to claw through to the small ramp on the other side. From there, cook bridges all the way across. Use samurai/cat to break down the barrier between the bridges and the rest of the shoujos, but be careful not to destroy the bridge! When a shoujo is facing left on top of the bridge, make her plant two flowers as a stairway to the goal.
Alternate simple solution:
Stop the shoujo from dying by using the cat/fanservice method described above. At the left wall, make a samurai slash through. The other shoujo should walk into a pit when they get over there. Have the former samurai shoujo make a bridge across to the metal block. Plant a flower to get over the block, and cook noodles across to the goal. To get the other shoujo out of the pit and onto the bridge, plant a flower. This is easiest done if you claw though the right wall of the pit first to free up space so no shoujos will get trapped by the flower. (Make sure the shoujo stops clawing before she goes too far and falls into the void! A happy skill should work just fine for that. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, so to speak, here you go:

So, what's everyone think? :lol: Does anyone have other solutions to the levels not mentioned here? Any tales of frustration? Please share!
Last edited by Blue Lemma on Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unicorn
Regular

#2 Post by Unicorn »

Actually, my solution of the sixth level was a bit more complicated and involved a lot of timing.

For example, I used both angel-shoujos and the fanservice-shoujo only in order to give the flower-shoujos and chef-shoujos enough time to builf a ladder and the bridges.

I don't recall all details yet, but I am going to make screenshots and a detailed description as soon as possible. Perhaps I'll have them done until tomorrow, but certainly until monday. However, the main first difference is: I didn't get the idea to claw a tunnel that prevents the shoujos from walking into the pits before my ladder was complete.

Anyway, you'll see after my description why I thought this level was particularly evil. Especially if you take into account that I assumed that the solution was meant to be done this way.

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#3 Post by Zintar »

Well my 4th and 6th levels were a bit different. :(

4th level was a bit more complicated - used a lot of chef and fanservice
shoujo. :wink:

6th level was an alternate to the alternate simple solution. :twisted:
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Unicorn
Regular

#4 Post by Unicorn »

Yesterday, I took the time to put together how I got through level6. If you wonder about those "SA-LV6-..." in brackets: They are references to screenshots that I made. But these screenshots (18 in total) take about 1 MB of HD-space, so I didn't post them here.

However, if Blue Lemma wants to have them, he may just ask me and I'll mail them to him using the democontest-email-account as recipent.

Anyway, here goes my lengthy explanation how to get through level 6 without that tunnel:

1.) The first shoujo goes to the highest point of the cliff before the first pit and plants there a flower. But before she arrives there, the second shoujo already reacxhes the point where she has to turn into an angel in order to send her to the upper platform in order to have her out of the picture for the time being. (SA-LV6-01).

2.) While the first plant is still not ready, the third shoujo also arrives at the optimal point to give her wings. (SA-LV6-02).

3.) The first plant has grown. The flower-shoujo transformed back into a normal shoujo and climbed up the plant. now, on the upper leaf, there is a point where she goe one pixel higher. from there, she has to go another pixel to the right and there, the next plant has to be potted. (SA-LV6-03)

4.) After the second plant has grown, the same girl climbs on this plant and this time, the next plant has to be set just when the girl reached the point where she goes up another pixel. (SA-LV6-04)
Meanwhile, the first angel has arrived on the top platform and the secod angel is about to face the stone-hard reality of the cave's ceiling.

5.) The fourth (normal) shoujo arrives just in time, when the third plant is ready. Now, the three plants build a perfect ladder that conects the entry-point of the shoujos with the upper platform (SA-LV6-05). But the top of the last plant would block a noodle-bridge that I am going to build from the upper platform, so I have to abuse the first shoujo that comes back (the former first angel [no, not "Adam", this isn't Neon Genesis Evangelion!)) as a gardener that cuts the plant a bit shorter. I hope, Motoko from "Love Hina" forgives me for abusing the samurai-skills, that really come in handy here! (SA-LV6-06).

6.) Now, the first noodles can be cooked. It takes two pots of noodles in total to reach the block of earth to the left. (SA-LV6-07) The firstshoujo that arrives here becomes a cat-girl and provides a path on the same level as the second noodle from the first bridge (SA-LV6-08 ).

7.) While the catgirl completes the tunnel, all the other shoujos run around between the platform and the point where the cat-girl is currently digging. Things become interesting as soon as the cat-girl's task is completed (SA-LV6-09): the catgirl turns back into a normal shoujo (SA-LV6-10) and has instantly to be turned into a chef (SA-LV6-11), or our heroic ex-catgirl would fall down and be cought in the metallic trap below. But the next following girl is too close! The noodles wouldn't be ready when she arrives, so I now turn her into a fanservice-shoujo and buy the missing seconds this way (SA-LV6-12).

8.) The noodles are ready and the next girl after the fanservice-shoujo is going to make the first steps on the second bridge. The fanservice shoujo is still standing there (SA-LV6-12b).

9.) That was the hardest part. Now, things are running smoothly: The first shoujo that went over the previously cooked ramen bridge now cooks the final ramen-bridge to the gate (SA-LV6-14). But of course, there are two shoujos already too close. They will reach the abyss before the ramen are ready. So, they wouldn't wait for the bridge and instead jump as samurais across the pit (SA-LV6-15).

10.) The last ramen bridge now comes close to completion, but the two ex-samurais fall down onto the lower platform (SA-LV6-16). From there, they have to jump again as happy-shoujos in order to reach the exit (SA-LV6-17).

11.) Mission accomplished (SA-LV6-18 )!

#5 Post by Guest »

I downloaded the game yesterday, and I (eventually :? ) got through level 6 this way:

At the start have the 1st shoujo as a samurai slash into the wall on the right. Then the 2nd becomes a fanservice to waste time. Now you have one left walking shoujo, and the 3rd out of the door overtakes the 2nd. On the very edge of the pit the samurai created the shoujo plants a flower. If it works correctly all the shoujo bar one left walking one are trapped in a pit :twisted:

When the one free shoujo reacher the left wall, turn her into a samurai. THen turn her into a cat to clear up the messy part. At the very last moment pause and turn her into a chef. I think it then takes 3 bridges to make it to the other side of the pit (I'm taking advantage of the colission detection, as long as the bridge goes slightly under the metal block its no problem. )

The shoujo hits the wall and turns back. She makes another bridge over the square hole you should have left at the start of the long bridge, then when she comes near the other shoujo she samurai slashes through the flower, freeing them from their hole. Then they all troop over the bridge, and one just has to plant a flower at the other end of the long bridge.

Phew :)

Making the flower trap for the shoujo takes a bit of practice though