Okay, I've made up my mind ^_^

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#31 Post by Megaman Z »

*quickly scans through new messages*

*raises hand* suggestion!

how about we do something similar (i think) to what PyTom did with the renpy script... stuff: all the editable files in one group (henceforth referred to as "channel") would be in a subfolder. upon compilation, a seperate but playable file would be created with all the data in it. the difference between the two files is that the channel file can't be read by the editor, wheras the individual level files can.

again, this is just a suggestion, and I'm not exactly sure this is the most practical idea for preventing people from hacking channels apart.

(and if this is exactly what Blue Lemma had in mind, then... *system error: out of memory*)
~Kitsune Zeta

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#32 Post by Blue Lemma »

Actually, that is exactly what I had in mind 8)

Update: Added ability to import your own backgrounds and to load your own tilesets

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#33 Post by rioka »

Blue Lemma wrote:Update: Added ability to import your own backgrounds and to load your own tilesets
Oooo~! Really?! That's cool! I could make some neat backgrounds... ^_^

Beta
Regular

#34 Post by Beta »

Megaman Z wrote:...(and if this is exactly what Blue Lemma had in mind, then... *system error: out of memory*)
Blue Lemma wrote:Actually, that is exactly what I had in mind
well, that explains a lot of stuff...

at least we won't have to worry about most people editing our levels when we don't want them edited... unless BL decides not to leave a tool on his end to decompile the levels.

backgrounds... hmm... *starts digging through various folders trying to find a suitable pic*

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Any chance of including the ability to insert objects that move? Either as constant movement, or as events that are triggered somehow (ie using a certain shoujo in a certain place)? Oh, and a resurrection shoujo would be pretty cool...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#36 Post by Blue Lemma »

ShiraiJunichi wrote:Any chance of including the ability to insert objects that move? Either as constant movement, or as events that are triggered somehow (ie using a certain shoujo in a certain place)? Oh, and a resurrection shoujo would be pretty cool...
Sounds like you want Shoujo Attack! 2 :P I'll consider putting in some new stuff, though... Maybe after I release a version of the editor. Don't count on it, though, since I'd have to revisit more old code and that is universally hated by programmers :wink:

Newly implemented features: shoujo entries, goals, water, clicking and dragging

I think there will be a release this weekend! 8)

Beta
Regular

#37 Post by Beta »

Blue Lemma wrote:I think there will be a release this weekend! 8)
*waits impatiently...*

must...maintain...sanity...for...a few...more...days...

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

BlueLemma wrote:Don't count on it, though, since I'd have to revisit more old code and that is universally hated by programmers Wink
It's all about maintanence! ... Not that I'm any good at it though T_T Code I create is fairly hard to maintain too... With as much maintanence that PyTom does for renpy, he could probably show us a few things...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#39 Post by Blue Lemma »

Good news: The Shoujo Attack Editor has all of the functionality needed to make your own levels and save them (minus music)

Bad news: It could use a tad more refining before a first release, so it will be a tad longer. I'll try to upload whereever I'm at tomorrow evening unless I end up having to play Homework Attack! :wink:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#40 Post by mikey »

Since there will be a new software available from you, is there a small possibility that your site may be fixed/updated on that occasion? (ToL2 link, "news" from 2004...). You really should consider that, nothing big, just... something. :wink:

Anyway, hopefully you can do it with the editor, it'd be a nice thing to have you back on the releaser side (where you belong). :)

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

...unless I end up having to play Homework Attack!
I have to play midterm attack this week... stupid tests... But hopefully I'll still find some time to try out the level editor

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by musical74 »

I can relate to the Homework Attack! (75 pages over 2 days) but looking forwards to seeing when you can get Shojo Attack 2 up =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#43 Post by Blue Lemma »

I had a Homework Attack -__-; *typing from college right now*

Maybe there'll be better luck tonight 8)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#44 Post by Megaman Z »

...my assumption is that you haven't gotten around to uploading it...

please hurry. Beta's pretty much killing me with her DDREXTREME 2 edits... (catastrophics and 10-footers, all challenge... 16th notes at 300 BPM is NOT good)
~Kitsune Zeta

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#45 Post by Blue Lemma »

I'm working on getting the beta version ("Beta" version? :wink: ) out right now :D Hopefully I'll have it out tonight, but if not, I'll definitely have time tomorrow!