Yay! ToL 1 is finally done!

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#16 Post by chronoluminaire »

Miko Aihara wrote:Aw, you're gonna make me blush... :oops:
But you're just wonderful, Lady Aihara! You're sweet, good-humoured, cute, bouncy, smiley and active. How could you not steal our hearts?

Baka-Alaskan

#17 Post by Baka-Alaskan »

This was great! I loved it. Way to go and Thank you for this. Miko-san is really cute and I can't wait for more. Thank you again for doing something like this. Miko-san is the GREATEST!!
Which way to the comic book store?

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#18 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

...what? No control key godness (yes, it's not goodness, it's "god")...?

This is certainly a good demo to play...at least something to keep the dead torch of English VN markets alive...
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

MangaDragon56

#19 Post by MangaDragon56 »

Ok I just downloaded Lemma, and it was really cool. I have never played a dateing sim before, but I really enjoyed your game! It was too cute. The Mushrooms were unexpected, and I love suprises. I do agree with an earlier post, more options would have been nice, But it really didn't take away from the game. Keep up the good work! I am looking forward to any other games you make! :D
MangaDragon56

~No there aren't 55 other MangaDragons~

Erik
Regular

#20 Post by Erik »

chronoluminaire wrote:But you're just wonderful, Lady Aihara! You're sweet, good-humoured, cute, bouncy, smiley and active. How could you not steal our hearts?
I second that. Was my first visual novel too and I must say I liked it a lot. But hey, you have to be VERY mean to get the "worst" ending O_O (yup. I got the best one first :D)

I like the variation, I didnt expect needing to fight mushrooms at all. (Miko, you almost can't die can you? I played lots of times, it's easy to get yourSELF (as in player) killed there though).

Anyway - very good game, I'm looking forward to TOL2 :)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#21 Post by Blue Lemma »

Glad to hear people like the game :) You actually CAN get Miko to die, but it takes a surprising amount of strategy... Obviously, you get a sad ending if she dies in the mushroom battle and you survive. :cry:

Be on the lookout for more wackiness, cute girls, and fanservice in Tales of Lemma 2! Includes mini-games, more options, and 10+ endings! :D

Erik
Regular

#22 Post by Erik »

When! :D when! :D when! :D
sorrey :oops:
Well, Miko died on me once, but the next turn I died too, which wasn't exactly what I had aimed for (i.e. seeing all endings). I haven't seen the Miko Died ending at all.

Ah well... lucky for her then ;)

I'll be waiting *impatiently*cough* for TOL 2 :D

Jinnai
Regular

#23 Post by Jinnai »

8) Booya!! Go away for a few months and look what happens!
)'.'(
Power of Sqyishyness!!

Herumutsu
Regular

#24 Post by Herumutsu »

Figured it wouldn't be wrong to revive this topic, now that I am registered.

I like the game's style and it was more than enough to get me interested in any future projects. Good job on the game.

I also went for all the endings, and I think I managed to get every ending at least once.

kyrov

same ending.

#25 Post by kyrov »

mmm..i just play the game yesterday..i still haven't get the best ending...
is it just me that bcome a bad guy already or some other reason...always get the same ending..first try i do think about hot babe,ask whether her friend hot,,coment about weight,ask y she laugh,pull down jeans...i wonder y it fails..
*sigh* :(
lol

oya..what i will get in the best ending?is that the game continue for certain time?
any one got the tips for that?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#26 Post by Blue Lemma »

You get a nice short epilogue in the best ending. 8)

Erik
Regular

Re: same ending.

#27 Post by Erik »

kyrov wrote:oya..what i will get in the best ending?is that the game continue for certain time?
any one got the tips for that?
Um... basically you say you sport, don't remark her weight, say a nice thing when she falls, and don't touch her pants... Also, it helps if you don't let her die in the battle. ;)

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#28 Post by Zintar »

I guess I was a little naughty :oops: when I 1st played

Tol1. U have to be nice towards Miko. :wink:

2 Endings Finished - Just the killing part to go. :twisted:
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#29 Post by Sai »

Rather than only de-lurking today to post some help in the Misceallany forum (anime etc.) then scarper again I best leave a note to say that I have played your nice little game here (why else would I be lurking here? ^_^) and that I thought it was a very well done project, congrats on getting this one completed (I'd play your Shoujo Attack but I don't think I'm in the mood for a puzzle game, my brains already dead from other stuff ^_~ but I'm sure it's great too), that is a very big achievement, and I will be keeping an eye here for future releases (I need my other one though, OK?). Thanks for releasing it to us.

Blackstream
Regular

#30 Post by Blackstream »

Hiya, I'm a programmer as well, and I'd just like to say, very nice game! I've never actually finished one myself, but I've worked on them, so I know how hard it is to make games, and even harder, actually finish them :p

Anyways, I loved the game, and of course Miko (reminds me of Hikaru from Kimagure Orange Road somewhat... if you've heard of it).

I got all 4 endings after some time. Killing Miko was rather depressing, and the good ending was awesome. I wanna take revenge on the mushrooms too! I kinda wish I could get Miko to hate you if you like chose all the worst endings, but having her just walk off was just as good :p I'm not sure her hating you would be in character anyways.

My only suggestion would be to learn opengl or directx. Hardware acceleration, and of course the ability to make your game in a window instead of fullscreen, higher resolutions, and even 3d graphics. Course it's also a tad bit harder to program in. Honestly though, you don't need it to make a good game, as this shows. It's just that Opengl is my favorite tool to work with which is why I'm recommending it:p

Anyways nice game, and I can't wait for more!
Woot