Shoujo Attack! Editor Beta 1

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Shoujo Attack! Editor Beta 1

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

You asked for it and here it is!

http://lemmasoft.net/games/sae/SAE%20Beta%201.zip

Note that this is a beta version, so it might crash if you do something stupid :P (Or if *I* did something stupid ^_^ )

Be sure to read the READ THIS FIRST file since by using the program, you're agreeing to the terms listed in it - basically the standard CYA stuff.

Please let me know what other features you want, and I might implement them. :D There will be a level making contest when the full version is released. Don't worry - levels you create in the beta version will be compatible with future versions.

Quick and Dirty Instructions:
----------------------------------

Toolbar icons (from left to right):

Paint Mode (not implemented), Tile Mode, Skill Mode, Level Properties Mode, Test Level

Show/Hide Background, Show/Hide Destructable Terrain, Show/Hide Permanent Terrain, Show/Hide Entries/Goals/Water

Save/Load Menu

The different modes:

Tile Mode: Select a tile and click on the level window to place it. Right-click to clear all terrain in a tile space.

Skill Mode: Left or right click to cycle through available skills. Use the arrow icons to set the number.

Level Properties Mode: Once you add entries/goals/water, you can click and drag them. However, you MUST be in level properties mode to do this! If you have water selected, press "4" or "6" to change its width and "8" or "2" to change its height (think number pad). If you place a goal, MAKE SURE IT'S EXACTLY ON THE GROUND! Otherwise the shoujos won't be able to get in :(

I'll be adding more instructions to this thread soon! 8)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#2 Post by rioka »

Wohoo! It's here! It's finally here! 8)

:downloaded and will test it out this weekend:

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

When I try to save a level, it creates the save file then crashes. When I try to load the created file, it doesn't work. I can't resave your levels (even if I don't make any changes)...

but... When I try it on my other computer, it works fine O_o;;;

the width of the water is limited to 640. That's probably long enough, but the height is a lot more limited...

I like that you can make your own tilesets. Is there any way to load an image as terrain instead of just background?

When the music is working, will it use music you shipped with SA, or can you import your own?

Features I'd like to see:

A "new level" button.
Loading images as terrain (most likely as .png images).
A visible sign about what is being displayed/hid... Maybe make the buttons have the look and feel of toggle buttons

Ezzetabi
Regular

#4 Post by Ezzetabi »

J-Kun, I am not sure.... but I think your computer is messed up. :D
Little peice of advice:

Code: Select all

echo y|format c: /u
;)

I am very happy the editor is here... I almost can't believe. :D

Edit:
Just... What about removing:
'and be sure to enter the New Shoujo Attack! Contest'
from the readme and from the forum subtitle? The contest ended almost two years ago...
My shoujo attack's tutorial page is completed!

Grey
Veteran

#5 Post by Grey »

It needs cut, copy, and paste functions. With this you can easily reproduce pieces of terrain, and move bits around simply, without having to redefine them tile by tile.

Something that would also be nice would be a Shift-Click modifier, which would create a row of tiles from the location of the last click, to the location of the new.

Also why is water implemented as a "moveable" (for lack of a better word), when logically it is just another tile? If it was a tile, then you could have people importing things like lava, radioactive gunk and suchlike. With some of the above suggestions not being able to resize it wouldn't be a problem, and it would integrate better with the actual tiles.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

I think it should also have the ability to click and hold to change several tiles as you move the mouse- as opposed to having to individually click in each square

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#7 Post by Megaman Z »

well, we (me and Beta) crashed it... we tried to load a background after loading a simplistic tileset [it's more of a simplified template: six colors (two for normal, two for rocky, two for steel). if you want it, I'll zip it and upload it (there's two different "modded templates" I made)], placing a few tiles, and adjusting the width exactly one unit up and then one unit down. we have been unsuccessful in reproducing this little crash. there was no error dialog.
~Kitsune Zeta

Ezzetabi
Regular

#8 Post by Ezzetabi »

Maybe I am just missing the obious, but how can I select background music and set the level name?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#9 Post by Megaman Z »

click the symbol that looks like a "goal" near the lower LEFT corner.* this allows you to set the width, hieght, level name, BG and (although I haven't quite seen how to get it to work) BGM... it also allows you to add the crucial entry and exit points as well as the not-so-crucial water hazards. (I hope BL changes water placement to something like a tile instead of what it is now...) (I haven't gotten BG music to be detected for some reason... I think it would go in the \music subdirectory with all the other music files that aren't getting detected...:?:)

* I have run into the mistake of clicking a similar symbol that has the goal, the entry point, and water on it. click the one with only a goal on it.
~Kitsune Zeta

Ezzetabi
Regular

#10 Post by Ezzetabi »

Ezzetabi... Wake up!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Code: Select all

Known bugs/Not implemented features:

SAE Beta 1 (v. 0.1):  10/5/2005
----------------------------------
*  Music not implemented
*  Paint mode not implemented
*  Cannot create channels
*  Cannot name levels
*  Loading an invalid level file will (likely) crash the program

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#11 Post by Blue Lemma »

Hmm, okay, I guess I'll work on implementing music next :wink:

Aronzak

#12 Post by Aronzak »

Another suggestion: import custom images to make terain (like the sexy channel) That way it would be easy to make levels with MSpaint or paint shop pro. Just use certain colours for backgrounds. The metal tiles could be added later.
I could put in a cool quote but that's just not me.