Help needed...

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

Help needed...

#1 Post by musical74 »

OK this is newbyish but I don't know how to get rid of something and need help in doing so.

At the top of the webpage - any webpage - there are a couple of toolbars. One is from Yahoo - I'm not worried about that one (maybe because I don't know how to get rid of it?). Recently, another bar has shown up - *mirar* - and I don't have a clue on how to get rid of it! The Yahoo toolbar isn't an issue because it doesn't DO anything unless I type in something. The other...I don't want it, and haven't a clue how to get rid of it. Is it associated with IE? Or is this something that I can get rid of, and if so, HOW??

*Waits for someone to say "GEEZ this is easy!*
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Chuck
Regular

#2 Post by Chuck »

Yea sounds like spyware or you accidentaly installed it.

Just go with Mozilla Fire Fox it's alot better, supports tabs, and also no pop-ups =3
~Chuck

ozurr
Regular

#3 Post by ozurr »

You will need to run a spyware removal program and run/update it regularly.
Maybe someone can recommend a good program to use. I haven't hooked a windows box to the internet in nearly a year, but I think one of the spyware removal programs I used was ad-aware or someting like that.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Ad-aware for sure and hm... Spybot I think o_O

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

You can remove some internet tool bars simply by uninstalling them from the "add/remove programs" in the control panel

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by musical74 »

Well doing a search for *Mirar* netted 1 result - in the *downloaded programs* section. Is there a way to get rid of it when it's been *installed* like that? Doing a look at add/remove programs, mirar wasn't listed (although Yahoo toolbar was)...how to fix this?

Ad-aware doesn't seem to recognize this as spyware :?

EDIT: WOOOHOOOO!!! No More MIRAR!!! My problem was that I didn't have the latest version of Ad-aware - I had a previous version - and the new version felt that Mirar was spyware....thanx everyone!
Last edited by musical74 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Quin
Regular

#7 Post by Quin »

Spybot Search & Destroy: http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html (I don't know if it will work on Mirar, but it's been mentioned in the thread)

Here is some info from Symantec on it (although the removal instructions are Symantec-specific).

And the obligatory "This wouldn't have happened if..." link: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/