Compatibility issues

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

Compatibility issues

#1 Post by musical74 »

<SIGH> OK I've tried everything I can think of and it's not working...

I bought a Memorial Collection from Jast USA and it said that the games are XP compatiable, I just needed to set a tab on properties and everything would be OK...except, for me, it's not :( I know what they are referring to and I've tried emailing them (no response, and it's been a week) and I don't know what else to do...do I need to DL a comatibility thing or get it set up somewhere so that it will accept compatility?

This will help with compatibilty issues when I do the NaNoReNo in March too...anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

*waits for the *that's easy* post*
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

Well, I have seen no problems with the memorial collection on my friend's computer, under XP Professional (some weird German version... actually, Austrian). It has a rather strange launcher and all in all it's really a mess, killing the DOS appeal of the olde version, but you can luckily switch it to classic mode and it's all fine.

Perhaps you could specify something more - I can get him on the phone and see whether he had the same problem (although I don't think he has had), but I'd sort of need more info, like whether there's some missing .dll, or what happens when you run the exe (or launcher, or whatever).

What was the compatibility tab thing about? the thing is, the compatibility tab is there to allow non-XP-aware programs to have a chance of running under XP - in this case, it would mean that the OLD version would require checking some boxes under the compatibility tab - not the new one. the new one's appeal in actually in that it was reprogrammed to run under XP "as is", no compatibility files or similar should be needed.

Anyway, maybe with some more detail about the whole process, someone could come up with that *that's easy* solution...

By OLD version, I mean the standard games, SoS and RC as they were released.
By NEW version I mean the games as part of the JAST Memorial collection

shaja
Regular

#3 Post by shaja »

Jast USA Memorial Collection also works fine on my XP Pro - I just reinstalled it recently, actually.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#4 Post by Megaman Z »

wait... is this in the correct forum? last I checked, this section is for bugs & support in Lemmasoft (and, appearantly, renai archive) games. this would probably fit better under the games, anime, and J-stuff section

regardless, I wanna bet that, 2:1, the setting you want to switch is under "compatibility mode". as to what you set it to, I don't know.

(unchecked, this can be accessed by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting properties from the right-click menu.)
~Kitsune Zeta

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by musical74 »

well, it is a tenchical (OK, quasi- techical) question and the board does say it includes tech questions. But if this IS the wrong forum, I'm sure the mod will move it to the right area and duly inform me (Put it in (whatever forum) next time or I'll send vicious mushrooms after you!!)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.