Tales of Lemma 1 "Cannot load the font"

This is where all the old Lemma Soft-specific posts are (i.e. Tales of Lemma 1, Shoujo Attack!, and some Hanafuda Club). They are here for old times sake ^^

Tales of Lemma 1 "Cannot load the font"

#1 Post by Guest »

When I try to run ToL1, the screen changes modes, but then changes back to normal and I gat dialog box that says "Cannot load the font". the Tales of Lemma prog is still running, but when I switch back to it, it quits. I'm running Win2000sp3, directx 9... Umm, can't think of any other specs that might have to do with the fonts... Anyways, bug #1!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

Font problem: Well, I don't think this is really a bug... It's just something I should've maybe planned better for :? (future version :))

The program is looking for Times.ttf and Arial.ttf in the "C:\Windows\Fonts" folder. If they're not there, you'll get that message. Check to see if you have those fonts there. If you have Times New Roman and Arial on your computer, maybe they are not named Times and Arial in the filename. Try copying and naming the copies with the appropriate names. Then it should work.

oh wel

#3 Post by Guest »

hm. sucks if your windows dir isn't c:\windows :p

#4 Post by Guest »

Heh. This is Guest #1. Guest #2 certainly does not speak for me. I know very well what my windows directory is. I guess I should go ahead and get a forum account ^_^ Anyways, I already have the fonts arial.ttf and times.ttf, so I guess it must be something else...

MechaTama31

#5 Post by MechaTama31 »

Guest #1 has a forum acount now. Can you guess what account it is? There's a BIG hint off to the side... ^_^

*edit* And by the way, it sucks more if your windows directory IS c:\Windows than if it isn't. Lousy 9x kernel...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#6 Post by Blue Lemma »

Something you could try is to create a C:\windows\font directory and put the fonts in there if you don't have that directory. A fair number of people are having this problem, though, so I will definitely address it in the next version (very soon) :)

MechaTama31

#7 Post by MechaTama31 »

yep, that fixed it. thank you... ^_^

grrr

#8 Post by Guest »

Umm
How do I change the font names?
...stupid micro$oft
I'm not a newbie, just have no experience in this stuff
I tried clicking, and then clicking again after a short pause, but it dont work.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#9 Post by Blue Lemma »

To change a font name (or other filename for that matter) you can do this:

Go to Start -> Programs -> Windows Explorer
Use the list on the side to get to the fonts folder (listed above)
Click once on the name of the file/font you want to change the name of. The name will be selected and you will have a cursor. Type in the name you want and press enter or click on something else when you're done.
If clicking on the name once doesn't work, try right-clicking on the file icon and selecting "Rename".

Barzahd

#10 Post by Barzahd »

I found the easiest solution to this problem is to run it inder windows 95 or 98 compatability mode. It's under the compatability tab if you right click on the program and click properties on the popup menu. Windows XP.

HelpMe

Same Problem

#11 Post by HelpMe »

I have da same problem it cant load da font and i read somewhere 2 change da directory to c:/windows/fonts but how do i change the directory??? plzplzplplz help

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#12 Post by Sai »

Go to
My Computer

Then click on
C:\

Then click on
WINDOWS

Then click on
Fonts

If you didn't find any of the above folders, then make it. For example if you went into WINDOWS and there was no Fonts folder, just make a folder called Fonts

If all those folders already existed, check if there's any kind of "Arial" or "Times" in that folder. If there is but they're not named Arial.tff and Times.tff then copy them, paste them somewhere within the same folder, and rename them to Arial.tff and Times.tff instead (all via the right click menu on the mouse)

Either way if there's no Arial and Times in your Fonts folder then you will to put those fonts the program needs in there, the Fonts folder.
You can find the fonts on your computer using Start and then clicking Search and searching for the font e.g.
Times.tff
or
Arial.tff
Then just right click on that file and Copy it then go to the Fonts folder like ebfore and right click within that folder and Paste

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#13 Post by Blue Lemma »

*appoints Sai to Lemma Soft Tech Support* 8)

The pay sucks, but there are good benefits! :lol:

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#14 Post by Sai »

Blue Lemma wrote:*appoints Sai to Lemma Soft Tech Support* 8)

The pay sucks, but there are good benefits! :lol:
Oh dear XD Not again *was dubbed support somewhere else once* O_o;;
*flashbacks and collapses* x_x

Hehe, anyway, happy to help, glad it sounded useful and stuff o.o I ramble alot. Hopefully that answers the question well enough for them ^^;

*thinks: ....err benefits?* Just curious O_o;;

HelpMe

help again

#15 Post by HelpMe »

ok i made a directory in C:/ and titled it Windows then in c:/windows i made a new folder titled fonts then in c:/windows/fonts i copied and pasted the fonts arial.ttf and times new roman but it still says cannot load font....wat do i do know??
p.s...i have windows xp