Character art things.
Video Progress | 13/03
Video Progress | 12/03
itch.io | dev blog
Premise & Plot
Paige lived a sheltered life in the spotlight, and came out the other side worse for it all. She can't even sing anymore, something she made millions for only a few years ago. It's a shame all that money remained with the record company, and somehow she still owes them a few million more. While writing lyrics for the new wave of pop stars is okay, Paige can't help but feel like there's more out there for her than lyrics.
The majority of this was made on the 12th of March onwards. I've had the story written out for a while, though the development in the middle was fuzzy so that's gonna be the main challenge. Any assets that existed before the beginning of the project will (ideally) be replaced, but there is only really character sprites.
This disclaimer is for those who may be impacted by dark themes. It details (in loose terms) themes explored through the visual novel.
Ex-popstar and full time lyricist; Paige has lived in the spotlight from when she was twelve until... Well, two years ago. Now, she has a hard time outside and she cannot stand bars. Yet, that's where she finds herself, after months of badgering from...
Professional skateboarder and currently a bassist; after a bad fall from their board, Anna ended up with more time on their hands than they know what to do with. They do not understand being told they can't have something or to chill out. This causes a number of issues between themself and their managers. They were the one who took encouraged Paige to escape the stranglehold of her manager, and of...
Murdoc Matthews (WIP)
Murdoc acted as security for Paige when she was on tour, and holds himself responsible for what happened to her. Due to a mutual friend with Anna, he's been hooked into a band with her. He's a singer and guitarist, while Anna plays bass. Their friend, Ryan, used to skateboard professionally before he retired to do music. Murdoc? After Paige escaped, he lost his job as tour security and bounces from festival to festival. Sometimes he's a personal bodyguard, but mainly he writes.
Bri Hyde | Ryan | Adam
- Finish my first game(!!!!!).
- Four endings, one good and one bad for each romantic path.
- Impact in player choices, variables that have an impact on options.
- Cohesive graphics for Paige, Murdoc, Anna and Bri.
- At least part one of the story; the exit of Adam.
Just me, SlimeBunnyTV.
This is information that will likely come up in the game, but is important to note somewhere in the canon.
- Paige is 5'0" (though she wears 3" heels AT LEAST when out), Bri is 5'6", Murdoc is 6'0" and Anna is 6"3. Adam is a garbage'fire".
- This was Anna's original design.
- Anna is nonbinary, she/they pronouns. They tend to stick to the middle of the spectrum, with a skew towards masculine. They're indifferent to pronouns, but I tend to keep to the gender neutral.
- Murdoc was AFAB, and transitioned socially at the age of six (really, his whole life, he 100% rejected his birth name and his parents were A-OK with that). His medical transition began at the age of eleven, under the approval of a child psychologist, his parents and his own choice.