[NaNoRenO2022][intrenaimo] The Last Secret

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
thelastsecret
Regular
Completed: The Last Secret
Projects: Sweet Science – The Girls from Silversee Castle
itch: thelastsecret
Discord: TheLastSecret #5266

[NaNoRenO2022][intrenaimo] The Last Secret

#1 Post by thelastsecret »

Let's get started with NaNoRenO! :o
I'm just a "fake participant", since I am working already on his game for a while, but I hope to make good progress this month and I am looking forward to see how all of you get through with their projects until end of the month.

A few words about The Last Secret:
It's an Adventure/SciFi/Romance Visual Novel where you join your three friends for an epic and lighthearted story about conspiracies, math and romance. Special features:
- You can play as female or male protagonist.
- You can fall in love with any of the five main characters (three female, two male) or not - and still have the full adventure.
- You can solve many puzzles on the way if you like - but you can always avoid them if you feel lazy.
- The story is very varied - parts of it playing in different countries, in dreams or even in space.

By the way: This is a non-profit project, so the game is totally for free.

This months goal: I want to finish and publish the second beta version!

thelastsecret
Regular

Re: [NaNoRenO2022][intrenaimo] The Last Secret

#2 Post by thelastsecret »

Middle of March - time for an update about the progress I have made during this month:
- Story-wise: more than expected! The main story is done, and 7 out of 8 good endings are done as well.
- Translation-wise: still need to proofread a lot of chapters (have been a bit lazy on that)
- Testing: I still need more test players! (If you're a test player, you'll get early access to all features and can influence how the final version will look like and might even become a background character in the game - or, if you prefer, your significant other can be in. Wouldn't that be a cool present?)
- I still need to make the intro.
All in all, I'm happy with the progress. My goal is now to finish off the last ending, then smooth out the English translation, and upload the first beta version of the complete game at the end of the month. :o

thelastsecret
Regular

#3 Post by thelastsecret »

20 March - another update:
- The story is complete! The last ending was particularly difficult, but it looks fine now.
- Some progress on the translation: All Chapters are translated into English and Chapter 1-3 are proofread.
- Testing: the first test players have played through the whole game and gave valuable (and overwhelmingly positive :) ) feedback. Thank you! Still, I need more... So please let me know if you want to playtest!
- Trailer: oh yeah, I still need to do that one...
After some testing of the current update it will go live on itch.io, but still as Beta, as there are bound to be bugs that have been overlooked so far (I'm realistic there).

thelastsecret
Regular

#4 Post by thelastsecret »

31 March – a final update:
- The trailer is done! I'm just waiting for some feedback and then it will go online.
- Playtesting: I will submit to some beta testing forum to find more testers. (I needed the trailer to do so.)
- I have improved a couple of graphics for the first chapters that were a bit substandard or not interesting enough.
- Translations: Chapters 1-9 are proofread.
How did the goals for the IntRenaiMo work out?
Well, I would say, basically fine: The main part of the game is done and the first complete beta could go online now, but I will hold back with this a bit, so that the English is really complete.
Subscribe on itch.io or Twitter if you want to know when the trailer and the full beta will be published! (I think it will be within the next two weeks.)

thelastsecret
Regular

#5 Post by thelastsecret »

The complete story is now available (as Beta version)!
The NaNoRenO2022 helped me to push the game faster to this point, so thanks for all feedback and support... :)

Here's the trailer:
https://youtu.be/_lA7zzxcV8w

And here you can download the game - for free:
https://thelastsecret.itch.io/the-last-secret

ReneAllison

#6 Post by ReneAllison »

Yay. thank you so much for those links. You are so sweet. I am so happy I found your post.

WilfredSotelo

#7 Post by WilfredSotelo »

Thanks for sharing those links with us.