The Silent Column - Displaced [NaNoRenO 2022] [BxG, Supernatural, Romance, Drama, Mystery]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

The Silent Column - Displaced [NaNoRenO 2022] [BxG, Supernatural, Romance, Drama, Mystery]

#1 Post by SelLi »

I'm participating in NaNoRenO this year! :)

My NaNoRenO visual novel project is The Silent Column - Displaced, which is a spin-off of, or a small section from, The Silent Column. The Silent Column is a large visual novel project that I've tried to make at different points in my life, and one that I still plan on creating. :) I mention this because Displaced clearly takes place in the middle of a larger story. So, one won't understand everything that's going on. That said, I think some people might find that fact fun! ^^

In Displaced, Allen (the main character) finds himself in a world without people after trying to help his friend, Lisa, reunite with her friends in another dimension. After wandering the empty world, he meets and befriends Gate. With Allen's help, Gate discovers something that shatters her personal world and the two of them go to Licia's domain.

I'll post occasional updates here as I work and will, of course, continue to post update videos every Monday to my YouTube channel!

(While The Silent Column is an old idea that I've attempted several times in the past, I'm creating all new assets for this game.) :)

Happy jamming, everyone! ^^ Fighto!
Last edited by SelLi on Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island

Re: The Silent Column - Displaced [NaNoRenO 2022] [BxG, Supernatural, Slice of Life, Romance, Drama, Mystery]

#2 Post by SelLi »

Wrote 5,500 more words (8,000 total, now.)
Restructured the VN because... I want Gate to have a happy ending, too. ^^ She no longer departs from Allen after the world-shattering news. It feels more fitting for the two of them to grow closer after that news and for Allen to have the option to stay by her side. <3

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Silent Column - Displaced [NaNoRenO 2022] [BxG, Supernatural, Romance, Drama, Mystery]

#3 Post by SelLi »

I couldn't do it: The story of Allen trying to pick up the pieces of his life in Licia's domain was too sad. I wanted the story to be happier! So, now it is! The story is smaller but it's as long as it aught to be, I think. This snippet of The Silent Column has turned into a sweet, kinetic story.

10,300+ Words is fine by me! I'll edit the writing more and work on the art and music! ^^ See you, everyone.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Silent Column - Displaced [NaNoRenO 2022] [BxG, Supernatural, Romance, Drama, Mystery]

#4 Post by SelLi »

Hello everyone. I won't be participating in NaNoRenO anymore. Details are in the video bellow:

Take it easy!

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#5 Post by Reikun »

Hi SelLi! I remember The Silent Column from your wip thread! I'm glad you're still working on it! Looking forward to your nanoreno project (: good luck!!!!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

ShawnFlavin
itch: python

#6 Post by ShawnFlavin »

I like your post. Thanks for sharing it with us. I was searching for the https://www.topessaywriting.org/researc ... ng-service website online because I need a help from professional essay writer who will write essay assignments for me and when I was searching for it online, I found your post too.