Ristorante Amore [2012] - COMPLETE

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Ristorante Amore [2012] - COMPLETE

#1 Post by Camille »

THIS GAME IS COMPLETE. PLEASE SEE THE THREAD IN THE COMPLETED GAMES SUBFORUM!

A NaNoRenO visual novel by Cyanide Tea. (Official RisAmo website!) It'll be a pure visual novel (no extra gameplay) with endings that depend solely on the choices you make. There will be a total of 8 different endings. We don't want to give away too much about it, but just be warned that you probably shouldn't take anything you see here at face value. What Auro and I plan to do is spam the RisAmo sub-forum at our own CT forums whenever we finish things, and then update here with more complete stuff. So if you want more frequent updates, it'd probably be better to look there. RisAmo will be free and I plan to keep the .RPY files unarchived so people can look through them. For licensing reasons, however, I will have to keep the music, UI images, and other resources archived.

Lily* Kingston has just graduated from college and is trying to find a new job! Lost and alone, she’s helped out by her uncle, who is the owner of a fancy Italian restaurant. She begins working there as a waitress even though she has no experience. Clumsy and yet endearing, she tries hard at her new job and is often helped by her attractive male co-workers... Could one of them win her heart or will their secrets threaten a budding relationship...?

(* first name changeable) The 22-year-old heroine of our tale. Waitress. She's very clumsy and a bit dense, but works hard and means well. This combination of traits tends to endear her to others. Her top priority right now is fitting in at work.

23 years-old. Sous-chef. Pierre is basically the prince of the establishment and many women frequent the restaurant in order to just get a glimpse of him. No matter the situation, he's always calm, eloquent, and kindly. Lily thinks of him as an angel.

21 years-old. Waiter. Unlike his male coworkers, Ethan tends to see the glass as half empty. When he's not berating Lily for her mistakes, he's busy avoiding her like the plague. Lily's sure, however, that deep down, Ethan's a nice guy.

23 years-old. Busser. Liam is an optimistic guy who seems to always radiate with energy. He's also quite athletic, so his coworkers often leave the heavy lifting to him. He's always sparkling and positive, which helps Lily feel at ease.

21 years-old. Waitress. Laura is the other waitress on staff at Ristorante. Quiet, introverted, and extremely shy, Laura struggles at a job where she has to communicate with others. Still, she and Lily become fast friends.

22 years-old. A frequent patron at Ristorante Amore, Angelina is the daughter of a rich family and seems to have a great deal of interest in Pierre. The two of them seem to share a past... Loud and confident, Angelina seems like Lily's opposite in every way.

Ren'Py 6.13.9.1702 lint report, generated at: Tue Mar 13 02:01:12 2012
Statistics: The game contains 1,692 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 24,191 words,
for an average of 14.3 words per screen.
The game contains 14 menus.
Writing: The prologue is complete. I'm currently working on the common scenes for the second half of the game.
Art: Auro's basically finished the sprites and most of the BGs. She'll be moving on to CGs shortly.
UI: Rather than design all the screens, I had Lazcht make a bunch of assets instead, which Auro and I worked together to compile into screens. So I guess you can say that it was a group effort. Barring some tweaks, the UI is about done. I need to code the Bonus stuff, but I'll wait until the script is finished.

A couple of in-progress screenshots (everything you see is subject to change)... Mostly of the GUI because that's really all we've got so far. XD Click the images to enlarge them.

Image Image
Image Image

Any sort of comments, questions, criticisms, or talks about that dreamboat Pierre are very welcome. We've also got a favorite character poll~ Vote if you can! There will be a bonus scene in the game where the characters comment on the rankings, so the results will matter. :D
Last edited by Camille on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Ristorante Amore [2012]

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Already a beautiful GUI you're showing, and the character art looks rather nice too. The story can, at this point, be pretty much anything, but I sure hope you go for more than just romantic fluff and feature some real-life drama (preferrably about how hard the life of a waitress in this dwindling economy is... well, that's what I would do...)

Good luck to you!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#3 Post by Deji »

OMG THE GUI *____*
I really like the character designs!
I'll be looking forward to this! ^^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Camille »

Taleweaver wrote:The story can, at this point, be pretty much anything, but I sure hope you go for more than just romantic fluff and feature some real-life drama (preferrably about how hard the life of a waitress in this dwindling economy is... well, that's what I would do...)
The heroine actually does mention the dwindling economy fairly early on in the story. I mean, it's the whole reason why she has to work as waitress in the first place. XD But yeah, you might be surprised at how little romantic fluff there actually is in this game... *whistles innocently* Anyway, thanks for the support! We really appreciate it.
Deji wrote:OMG THE GUI *____*
I really like the character designs!
I'll be looking forward to this! ^^
Thanks! *__* We're very excited about finishing this game and showing it to everyone.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

*u* You make such pretty posts~
The story can, at this point, be pretty much anything, but I sure hope you go for more than just romantic fluff and feature some real-life drama (preferrably about how hard the life of a waitress in this dwindling economy is... well, that's what I would do...)
Romantic fluff? Us? Hmmm, I wonder :)

I'm so excited for this. I still have to do Lily's emotions and then she is done and I can post what the final sprites will look like!

I got to help out with the GUI too, it's kind of fun to play with XD The logo is very half arsed though since it's basically just a typeface I chucked together last night.
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Takanashi
Regular

#6 Post by Takanashi »

Woah! That GUI and menus... looks gorgeous... :o
I'll follow this one for sure, some pretty big "heavy hitters" on this NaNoRenO :P

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#7 Post by sake-bento »

Man, I wish I got to work at a restaurant this classy. Well, opposed to the food service stuff I DID do.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#8 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

So, I'm still colouring all her emotions, but this is what the final sprites will look like :) (I'm also physically incapable of doing something simply it would seem...)
Hopefully they will go okay with the GUI.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#9 Post by Anna »

I really love your GUI! It looks like a lot of work went into it - very polished. I'm also curious what to expect of the story, since it can go into basically any direction... share a hint :D?

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#10 Post by Deji »

Your coloring looks lovely on that sprite, Auro <33333
Good job! :D
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Takanashi
Regular

#11 Post by Takanashi »

Awesome sprite work indeed Auro, It blends perfectly with the GUI and background^^
Any estimative of the final length of the game?

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Camille »

Anna wrote:I'm also curious what to expect of the story, since it can go into basically any direction... share a hint :D?
A few hints or, rather, things to keep in mind:

- There is a reason why I did not tag this topic with [Otome].
-- Sub-hint: Everything in the first post is true, but it might not be true for the entirety of the game.
- There is a reason why all of the characters seem like very obvious tropes.
- Cyanide Tea's main project is a game about time traveling serial killers... Just sayin'. Doesn't mean this game will go in that direction, but I'm not sure how great we are at the romantic comedy thing, so this game might not be a romantic comedy. Or is it? Ohoho~
Takanashi wrote:Any estimative of the final length of the game?
I'm trying not to make the script longer than it should be, but I also tend to write a lot... @_@ BCM is almost 100,000 words now and it's not even 50% complete yet... I estimate that RisAmo should be about 30,000 words or so when it's done. However, since that's my estimate, chances are it'll end up being closer to 40,000. I fully expect the game to take about 2 hours or so to complete.
sake-bento wrote:Man, I wish I got to work at a restaurant this classy. Well, opposed to the food service stuff I DID do.
To be honest, when looking for image references and whatnot, I really did just Google search "classy Italian restaurants". XD

Thanks for all the support! If anyone's in a jazzy, piano BGM mood, I've started uploading the game's soundtrack here. You can check up on it every now and then to see if more music's been added since this is still a WIP. :3 The very first song, "Merry-Go-Round", is more or less the game's theme.

Aaand I threw the finished Lily sprite into the game, but this might not be how the final product looks... I'm going to leave the sprite sizing/placement to Auro so that everything looks more uniform. Hope everyone else's NaNo projects are going well!
Attachments
ss-new.png

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#13 Post by Kingv »

Everything looks really polished and nice! Can't wait to see what you guys put out at the end of the month since you've gotten so far already. Just looking at the GUI is making me feel hungry for Olive Garden lol. But I just have to ask, what's the name of the font you used for the game logo and section headings? They're pretty darn sexy. ^^

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Camille »

The section headings for the first post are just plain ol' Adobe Caslon Pro. (hopefully that's what you were referring to) I added the little swashy thing in Photoshop. XD The logo is Parfait Script.

Thanks for the support! :3

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#15 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thanks guys :) I'm trying something a little bit different from my usual. I'm still doing his emotions.