My Beautiful AI [SciFi] [2012] COMPLETE

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

My Beautiful AI [SciFi] [2012] COMPLETE

#1 Post by CheeryMoya »

Tokyo in the year 2050. Your name is Zachary Wright, and you are the lead researcher and scientist in a team conducting studies on the field of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. With the aid of Aiikasu, one of the AIs created during your research, where this study is headed depends on your choices.
~*~*~*~
So with any luck, this will be the first complete VN made under the TwinTurtle Games name (despite the fact that most of the work is outsourced >_>).

Team:
Writing and Story: CheeryMoya
Sprite art: Omnificent
Background art: HigurashiKira, SvenTheViking
Music: Ziassan, Dollywitch
Testing: TwinTurtle Games

What to expect:
  • Three important characters
  • An angry ex-girlfriend
  • An AI who's too smart for her own good sometimes
  • In-game time of under a week or so
  • Three endings
  • No 100% happy endings for you!
  • Original art
  • Original music
  • Told in second person narration with mainly NVL mode
Sorry guys, no CGs :/ Maybe in a future update.
Last edited by CheeryMoya on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: My Beautiful AI [SciFi+Romance(?)] [2012]

#2 Post by HigurashiKira »

I really like the background (*biased opinion*)

In all honesty, I'm really lookin forward to this. I rarely see games in 2nd person that isn't a dating sim (Seriously, why must there be so many of them?) and even more so one that focuses on the relationship between an AI and a human.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

2nd person narrative style = interactive fiction narrative style. That's a daring thing to do because it directly allows the player to imagine him/herself in the story without a "filter character" inbetween. Has good and bad sides.: Good because it's great for immersion. Bad because if you give the "you" guy too much personality of its own, the player will feel disconnected in a "but I wouldn't do that" way.

Story setup smells a little of raising sim (AI dev sim?), could come out interesting.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#4 Post by Anna »

CheeryMoya wrote: What to expect in this:
  • Three important characters
  • An AI
  • Three endings
  • No 100% happy endings for you!
Why hello there, my fellow-AI maker pal :'D! This is awesome hahaha~

Good luck and I look forward to playing this!

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by CheeryMoya »

Taleweaver wrote:2nd person narrative style = interactive fiction narrative style. That's a daring thing to do because it directly allows the player to imagine him/herself in the story without a "filter character" inbetween. Has good and bad sides.: Good because it's great for immersion. Bad because if you give the "you" guy too much personality of its own, the player will feel disconnected in a "but I wouldn't do that" way.

Story setup smells a little of raising sim (AI dev sim?), could come out interesting.
Yup, the style of narration was a thing I was juggling a lot; first person wouldn't give me the type of effect I want, and third person felt out of the question for me. Zack won't have too big of a personality (at least, I'll try my best not to give him one :C)

And this isn't a raising sim at all. In fact, that Romance tag is a misnomer, since you don't really end up with anyone in any ending. Aiikasu will bring up some philosophical food for thought, but I'm not sure if I should use that tag instead :/

@HigurashiKira and Anna: I'm watching your own NaNo games too >:3 Good luck to us all and hope for the best!

awesomeautumn
Regular

#6 Post by awesomeautumn »

I like the font, but I think the g's look a little off (and the f's to a lesser extent). And I think the text immediately at the top looks awkward, maybe add an indent?
I love the "All systems functioning in normal parameters." And all of the other details on that screen, like the other language-y bit.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#7 Post by clua »

This really looks interesting! I want to see it XD!

About the look of the screen...Hmmm I would switch the font that is on the bg instead of the one with the actual text...I think It looks
a little bit oldschool for 2050.But this is just my opinion!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by CheeryMoya »

@awesomeautumn: Yeah, the top could use a little more ypadding. Also tried a different font.
screenshot0001.png
@clua: Do you mean the random strings of text on the corners of the screen ("All systems functioning within normal parameters.") or the font being used for the game script? For the former it's probably too much trouble to change it now, but for the latter I can't find one I like :/ Tell me how the new one looks, and if you aren't satisfied with it, I'll ask Hig for the one he used for the BG.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Applegate »

>art by Omnificent
Welp, you've got my attention. And here he told me he wasn't involving himself with NaNo at all. :lol:

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#10 Post by clua »

CheeryMoya wrote:@awesomeautumn: Yeah, the top could use a little more ypadding. Also tried a different font.
screenshot0001.png
@clua: Do you mean the random strings of text on the corners of the screen ("All systems functioning within normal parameters.") or the font being used for the game script? For the former it's probably too much trouble to change it now, but for the latter I can't find one I like :/ Tell me how the new one looks, and if you aren't satisfied with it, I'll ask Hig for the one he used for the BG.

sorry! I wasnt clear enough...Yes, What I ment was using the font of "All systems functioning within normal parameters." instead of your main font, because It looks cleaner and less old school like the one you are using right now

But meh, its my impression!I know searching for a fitting font is a pain...And If you found one, it lacks of some sign..orz
I look up in font squirrel and found some:

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/style/Monospaced
DAfont sometimes its too fancy..Hope you find someone you like!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by CheeryMoya »

Hey guys, I come bearing progress! :'D

Omni's been MIA for a while, truth be told, and I was hoping to update with some sprites instead of sketches :/ Have no idea when he'll stop ignoring start trolling making excuses contacting me again. Therefore, here's that sketch of his! I'm going to program Aiikasu's halo to at least spin around for her sprite, still looking for a way to make it possibly bob up and down. ATL, why I no understand you?!!?

As for BGs, SvenTheViking's been making steady progress on a hallway I asked him to do. Here's a WIP of it:
Oh man, look at the turtles @_@
Oh man, look at the turtles @_@
And HigurashiKira altered the main computer screen as per my request. Take a look C:
Because yandere, that's why.
Because yandere, that's why.
Hig gave me the font he used in the background, so now it's the same for both the script text and BG. This satisfy everyone?

Programming-wise, DragoonHP was kind enough to do some fancy Python coding and made a neat little PyGame thing for me :D I've also got all the script in there, coded with values and all that jazz. I've been investing more time into trying to understand ATL, so script wordcount is... meh. Under 1k as of now, don't kill me.

Finally for music, I asked Dollywitch if she was interested in composing 3 more songs, and she said she'd do it. Nothing from her yet, as she's busy with her LemmaTV module.

That's all for now, folks. Aren't large updates more exciting?

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#12 Post by Reikun »

I really like the computer screens Higurashi did *U* I think the font is good. The only thing that I think would be more awesome is if the error version looked a bit more chaotic?? But that's just me, plus NaNoRenO has its time constraints :B
Anticipation!!!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

misamane
Regular

#13 Post by misamane »

Eeeee I look forward to hearing more about this, definitely sounds good so far! c:
Careful what you do, ‘cause God is watching your every move. Hold my hand in the dark street, for if you do I know that I’ll be safe. Even if I’m far away and alone, I can be sure that you’ll find me there, this I know. You draw me close for a while, so quiet. You tell me everything. If I forget what you say, then you’d come to me, and tell me again. Yes you’d tell me once again. But what happens when I know it all, then what should I do after that? What then?

Part of the huge LSF project: LemmaTV: Television that watches you!

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#14 Post by Omnificent »

Sup.

Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#15 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Ah, if only
things didn't end so badly.
She's so cute. :/
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.