My Beautiful AI [SciFi] [2012] COMPLETE

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: My Beautiful AI [SciFi+Romance(?)] [2012]

#16 Post by CheeryMoya »

Updates: HigurashiKira made a menu screen because I tried and failed and I cried lots ;-; and it looks pretty nice :3
Also, Dollywitch has given me a couple songs on her SoundCloud for use here, so hurrah for original music! She might also compose some more songs if she has the time.

Scripting is also coming along, so no worries.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#17 Post by Blane Doyle »

OOOOH I like this menu screen! It looks very nice, and I like where this is going!

misamane
Regular

#18 Post by misamane »

Aiikasu is KAWAAAAAAII~ c:
Careful what you do, ‘cause God is watching your every move. Hold my hand in the dark street, for if you do I know that I’ll be safe. Even if I’m far away and alone, I can be sure that you’ll find me there, this I know. You draw me close for a while, so quiet. You tell me everything. If I forget what you say, then you’d come to me, and tell me again. Yes you’d tell me once again. But what happens when I know it all, then what should I do after that? What then?

Part of the huge LSF project: LemmaTV: Television that watches you!

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by CheeryMoya »

Bane Reiko wrote:OOOOH I like this menu screen! It looks very nice, and I like where this is going!
How can you be so sure Thanks C:
misamane wrote:Aiikasu is KAWAAAAAAII~ c:
Omni's great at drawing yandere moeblobs cute girls, so you can thank him :3

Progress report: Got past the general grind of making sure the flags lead where they're supposed to go. I actually hit this major coding block where when I was testing the game, an error would appear for apparently no reason. Sent it to Funnyguts, she diagnosed the problem as a non-existent variable in that certain path of choices ._. It's all better now, but it sure did make me rage. That aside, I fixed up the Music Room to look a bit better. Instead of looking like...
What kind of screen is this.png
It looks like...
That's much better.png
I feel bad for pestering Hig so much :C

As for a solid Lint report...

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 341 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 3,917 words,
for an average of 11.5 words per screen.
The game contains 19 menus.
Not super long, but give an AP student a break, will ya? And I never said this was going to be a long game -.-
On Day 5, writing the lead up to each of the endings. I have the bulk of the yandere ending written out, will work on "normal" and "good" endings soon. And when I say normal and good, it's for lack of a better term. I repeat: this is not a happy game.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#20 Post by Blane Doyle »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I can't wait! 83

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by CheeryMoya »

Off-topic: Is there any logical reason to deny a pre-order of a class ring when the designs are the same every year? Those special year specific ones? Ugly, no one buys them anyway. And when 50 minutes has been wasted trying to get the damn printer to spit out the order form, doesn't it seem like a waste to wait to order next year, when they'll have the same designs?

On-topic: Rage led me to write a very angry letter just now for the normal (more of neutral or apathy, now that I think about it) ending, it's about 360 words-ish. Sent part of it to DarkSpartan for feedback, he says it's sound reasoning for what happens. I'll write more for the ending tomorrow.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by CheeryMoya »

Forgive the double post, but the script is basically done. What it amounts to?

Code: Select all

The game contains 392 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 5,083 words,
for an average of 13.0 words per screen.
The game contains 21 menus.
There are a few things I want to add in and change, but I can really release the script as is and hope it's solid. Other parts?

Art: Backgrounds were covered for a long time ago and got pretty screens for the parts you'll look at. Sprites? Haven't heard from Omni in ages :C If push comes to shove, I'll have to draw expressions on Aiikasu myself... something I really would rather not do Q_Q

Music: Dollywitch sent me two new songs here, we're totes covered on this part :3

Programming: Everything leads where it's supposed to lead, though I might have to re-check the variables again just to be sure. But it works, and that's what matters.

Ayup.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#23 Post by leon »

The story sounds very interesting and it's great to see you are trying out some untraditional approaches, like second person narration.

I can hardly wait for the release.
No 100% happy endings for you!
You meanie. :wink:

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by CheeryMoya »

Done, but MediaFire is being slow at uploading it :C It's going to be released 1 minute after midnight, but I MADE IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: Okay, a few minutes after midnight. BUT IT WILL BE RELEASED.

Moar edit: You shouldn't even be here anymore, but here's the completed thread for all who lost their way: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=14645