Curse of the Caribbean [GxB][Supernatural][NaNoReNo 2012]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Re: Curse of the Caribbean [GxB][Supernatural][NaNoReNo 2012

#31 Post by Morishita »

Weekly update time!!
Guys I really don't know what to say. I really want to cry and I feel like I'm back in highschool again. Have you ever had that feeling when you've worked on an art project for so long and the longer you worked on it the less confident you felt about it? Now I've read things about veteran artist saying to have confidence in your work or else no one will want to see it but....I just can't feel it right now.
I feel like I'm that girl who's been working on this project for so long and once it's finally done and the teacher ask for me to turn in my work and I'm holding it away from them saying "NO! For the love of GOD I need more time!" but we all know that there is no more time so I have to still turn it in anyways......
I feel like that right now. *If that makes any sense at all.*
Since this is my first actual finished visual novel I feel so self consciences to release this. Because of time constraint I had to cut out the other path's in the story and it really makes me sad to have to say that. I really wanted to add the other two guy's paths TT.TT but I ran out of time.
Working on two comic's, one website layout and two visual novels at once is.....really hard O.O *on top of which I forgot to mention my twin boys got sick and I had to rush one to the er while the other stayed home with his baby sister and dad, they're still really sick but it's gotten a little better from yesterday, I'm just whipped out with everything and feel like I want to cry sometimes ^^; You know like how babies scream when there tired?...that's me...just as an adult mother of three instead of a baby....*
I think I have a better understanding on things now when it comes to visual novels that I plan on putting towards my other visual novel game 'School Memories' but either with the newly cut down game for NaNoReNo I will at least be able to make the deadline.

I feel really sad that I couldn't make it this extra amazing, 7 ending game with 9 different cg events but I can at least try to focus on thinking "At least I was able to get a decent game done for my first shot at visual novel's."

So basically to wrap this update up this game will basically be just a demo game for the larger part of the story that I really want to finish later on in the year. I really hope that some will still be able to enjoy the demo at least. I'm not the best writer, which is why I decided to be a comic artist instead of a novel writer because I'm not the best at spelling, grammar or sentence structure, With comic's for me it's a lot easier because I can show what I mean through my art instead of having a really hard time telling it with my words.

Also I went ahead and changed the main menu layout out to the promo image that you all said you liked ^^ *thank you so much for your input.* and after staying up all night so many nights I finally figured out how to have the main menu change like you had suggested GeneDNC ^^ and also per clua suggestion I went ahead and kept the old main menu design but used it for the save/load and preference page *Thank you Clua!* I think I'll have the icon of the game either be the flower idea that you had suggested or a little palm tree on the strained island, like in the logo. I still have a some more things to finish up and I really believe that there will be a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes because I'm my own proofreader so I know I'm going to miss a lot of mistakes but I hope it won't bother the story to much and whenever I do find mistakes I'll make sure to re upload a less bug game release.
I think that's all for now but I just wanted to give you all a head's up so you weren't expecting more then what I was able to make, again I feel really bad about that but I can still create the full version of the story later on so for those who still want to have a chance to see all of the cg events that wasn't able to make the cut due to time constriction make sure you keep an eye on my site or threads that I'll make after things calm down ^^;

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#32 Post by KissOfDeath »

Well, maybe you could remake Curse of the Carribean another time and add the other guys path and just call it a remake in your free time in the future? Anyway, I hope your children feel better, and there's no need to feel self-conscious about your art! I think it is very intricate and interesting, idk I just really like your style :)
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#33 Post by Mink »

Yeah, I wouldn't feel bad about it. You tried and seem to have gotten a lot done, even if you haven't finished. And if you learned something, then you really can't say it was a waste or anything, or that nothing was accomplished.

Also, you're not the only one who had to cut stuff, so...yeah. <x<
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Morishita
Veteran

#34 Post by Morishita »

KissOfDeath wrote:Well, maybe you could remake Curse of the Carribean another time and add the other guys path and just call it a remake in your free time in the future? Anyway, I hope your children feel better, and there's no need to feel self-conscious about your art! I think it is very intricate and interesting, idk I just really like your style :)
That's a good idea. For now I'll just focus on making the images that are more impotant to the flow of the story then when I remake it I can add all the other stuff I wanted to like you suggested. Thank you^^

Mink wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't feel bad about it. You tried and seem to have gotten a lot done, even if you haven't finished. And if you learned something, then you really can't say it was a waste or anything, or that nothing was accomplished.

Also, you're not the only one who had to cut stuff, so...yeah. <x<
I still have to do some proofreading but so far everything is finished. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people wincing from this game because of all the word mistakes.
I saw you finished your game ! Once I get mine uploaded I'm going to go download it right away^^ I'm really excited to play it!

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#35 Post by Mink »

Well, if I hadn't been working on my own, I'd have proofread for you. Which is what I should do next year: don't make my own game, just proof/edt others'. 8|

And you'll probably change your mind after you play it. /shot I shouldn't type replies when I'm like half asleep, seriously.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Morishita
Veteran

#36 Post by Morishita »

I forgot to make a post showing that the game/demo is finished :http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=14643
*so tired....*

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#37 Post by ShadowBerry »

I really love the demo!
The music sounds a little jazzy I like it, fits with the tropical Island plot^^

Her Character is uniqe a little lazy, spoiled but really lovely.
As for the story you put a light twist of humor in it. Awesome

Waiting for the full game!
Own project:

Morishita
Veteran

#38 Post by Morishita »

ShadowBerry wrote:I really love the demo!
The music sounds a little jazzy I like it, fits with the tropical Island plot^^

Her Character is uniqe a little lazy, spoiled but really lovely.
As for the story you put a light twist of humor in it. Awesome

Waiting for the full game!
Thank you! I'm glad you played it. Once I get the full game done I want to make a music room and find a way for people to go to the site where I got the music and show those musician some suga'
I had a lot o fun with making her character. I actually wanted her to be a little different but as I typed up her dialogue everything kept changing and she became kind of clusmy and out of shape an a nanna's baby. *She loves her Gee Gee ma and does get spoiled by her.*

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#39 Post by ShadowBerry »

haha yeah I found that out xD

But..
Did you make a mistake again with the GxB? Because she didnt 'get' him in the end xD maybe that comes in the full game?

By the way I LOVED the Story of Huana....it gave me the creeps X.x awesome! But I wonder why 'something' calles the three guys, are they conncected to the story itself? x3
Tell me tell me!
Own project:

Morishita
Veteran

#40 Post by Morishita »

ShadowBerry wrote:haha yeah I found that out xD

But..
Did you make a mistake again with the GxB? Because she didnt 'get' him in the end xD maybe that comes in the full game?

By the way I LOVED the Story of Huana....it gave me the creeps X.x awesome! But I wonder why 'something' calles the three guys, are they conncected to the story itself? x3
Tell me tell me!
At first the plan was to have it be a GxB but I ran out of time and it was just a friendship ending ;^; I fail so much at all these different terms *weeps*
On a brighter note I do plan on explaining more of that in the full version and include a more romantic ending for all three of the guys. I have some more things that I want to add to the blue haired boys path that I wasn't able to add so once I finish School Memories I plan on re-making curse of the Caribbean and this time I plan on doing my proofreading before hand so I don't keep missing all of these mistakes :shock:
I do have a much wider story plot for this game but it will take me longer than a month to be able to make it all so I'll make sure to start a thread up on the making of the full version of this game after my other projects are done :D So for now it will have to stay secret XD

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#41 Post by ShadowBerry »

Ahhh okay, that makes it better.
Well I wait till both games are done...even though I might prefer Curse of the Caribbean *is a romantic ending lover xD*
But both games look promising ;)
And I really want to know how the story turns out, very very interesting and mysterious!
Own project:

Morishita
Veteran

#42 Post by Morishita »

ShadowBerry wrote:Ahhh okay, that makes it better.
Well I wait till both games are done...even though I might prefer Curse of the Caribbean *is a romantic ending lover xD*
But both games look promising ;)
And I really want to know how the story turns out, very very interesting and mysterious!
I actually decided to go ahead and go towards finishing the full game of Curse of the Caribbean XD I really want to get the story out so while it's still fresh on my mind I'm going to go ahead and start making preparations for that. Thank you Shadowberry and everyone else for your support :D!

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#43 Post by ShadowBerry »

hehehe yay!
So I get a game soon <3 I hope xD
Go go, Ill stand behind you! xD Cheering..and such xD
Own project:

ShadowBerry
Veteran