MARIJUANA - The Truth [2012] - 100% Done

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

MARIJUANA - The Truth [2012] - 100% Done

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

This will be a short simple VN featuring a long haired guy spreading truth and awareness about Marijuana... it's history and why is it made illegal despite being far more safer than the usual legal substances people regularly abuse...

Let me clarify that this project is more of an educational awareness and truth campaign and NOT about joints and detailed instructions on where to get them, seeds or the paraphernalia nor was this about drug abuse...

Long story short... this is about the plant itself and it's direct byproducts...

While I can safely say that a large portion of the current forum are already aware of Marijuana's history I still feel a moral obligation to spread truth and awareness to uninformed people about what exactly is Marijuana... this is also personal to me for I know someone personally who I can best describe as a good family man, a respected member of society, a best friend but is now currently locked in jail for possession of tiny quantity of the said substance used to relieve his chronic pain since the usual medication doesn't even live up to it's promise and only hemp gives him relief...

I'll use NaNoRenO's self imposed deadline to motivate me to fast track this project...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Re: [ SURPRISE ENTRY ] MARIJUANA - The Truth [2012]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

While I don't advocate drug use, I can appreciate someone having a passion in life :lol:

Well, this should be, er... educational...?
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

RedJ

#3 Post by RedJ »

This sounds... surprising :) . I don't know too much about Marijuana myself, but I do know that in some countries Marijuana is indeed used for medical purposes, and I find it strange that a person should be locked up because of it.

Very interesting project! I am anxious to see how this will turn out.

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gas »

mugenjohncel wrote:Let me clarify that this project is more of an educational awareness and truth campaign and NOT about joints and detailed instructions on where to get them
...damn...
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#5 Post by Samu-kun »

I'm more interested in hearing just how exactly Mugen's going to make a visual novel in jail!

Edit:
Oh nevermind, I read the topic opener more closely and found out Mugen was just talking about a friend of his.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#6 Post by Blane Doyle »

I am all for this. While I do not think it is appropriate for recreational use (despite being generally SAFER than cigarettes) it does have many medicinal properties that some people are legally allowed to use it for if they go to the right doctors. Some studies I have read even say it helps memory if you use it once you get older (though they claim it also causes brain damage if you use it at a younger age too much, and I cannot be certain either of this is true).

I would love to see how this plays out. Maijuana is a far less dangerous than some make it out to be. In comparison to many other illegal substances that people try to get hold of it is the only one I think has an unneeded reputation.

ffs_jay
Regular
Completed: HellBounders - Act 0
Projects: HellBounders series

#7 Post by ffs_jay »

Well, this (former) stoner wishes you the best of luck with it, look forward to seeing how it turns out!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#8 Post by mugenjohncel »

Teaser...

"PUFF" (Dissapears)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#9 Post by Blane Doyle »

Starting off a simple but overlooked truth. (Given alcohol kills your liver far faster than any damage marijuana does, and it is very low when used in proper moderation) I'm no advocate for substance abuse (I wouldn't even touch this stuff if you paid me), but I am one for spreading knowledge and the truth about these substances.
Last edited by Blane Doyle on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#10 Post by PyTom »

I wouldn't believe you, because... consider the source.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#11 Post by mugenjohncel »

Done! Just proofreading...

Due to time constraints... I only have about 5 total days to work on this project... it turned into a rather shorted kinetic one... Is it OK to post it now or wait till April 1 at end of NaNoRenO?...

"PUFF" (Disappears)

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#12 Post by Nellie »

Done. In 5 days...

*bows down*

*wonder if mine can be done in 50 days*

Do release it on 1st April xD

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#13 Post by mugenjohncel »

Hmm... this is bad... for people to seriously take my message about Marijuana... I think this is one of those rare times I have to reluctantly cut the amount of swearing in the script... there's a lot of FUCK YOU's in the script and a pinch of SHIT, BASTARDS and other colorful words spread throughout the work...

After removing them... re-reading the script now makes me look like an evangelical preacher praising and glorifying Marijuana... better edit a few words to make me as neutral as possible...

"PUFF" (No side effects whatsoever)

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Alex »

You could spend a few days more trying to find convertible terms to replace all these boring F*** You's...))

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#15 Post by mugenjohncel »

With about a day to go before deadline... might as well improve a few things... graphically...

It is resolution 640 x 480 for smaller size and portability...

"PUFF" (See?... No side Effects!)