Ah! Peku [NaNoRenMo 2012] - UPLOADED

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
NickelBuckle9
Regular
Completed: MiniBot
Projects: Ah! Peku, Pokemon Trainer Game (untitled)

Ah! Peku [NaNoRenMo 2012] - UPLOADED

#1 Post by NickelBuckle9 »

Well, here's my NaNoRenMo attempt!

...unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish, and thus it's a failed challenge I suppose. However, it's still worth checking out, and you could consider this version a demo.

Here's what it's missing:
--- Crafting system
--- Home Decoration
--- Happiness/Hunger degeneration
--- Health renewal
--- Only 50% of the quests functioning
--- Ending animations
--- Most of the story...

I know that probably sounds like a lot, but it's really not too bad. I did manage to complete some really cool features such as the battle system and exploration system, so please check it out!

I'm kinda glad I didn't rush to finish adding the story, because I think it's a great tale to be told, and why give away the ending without all the details?

I'll keep working on this and polish everything up and hopefully finish the real thing soon!

Here's the link to download it:
http://nickel-buckle-9.deviantart.com/a ... -293513876

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fairytale adventure about the bird that fell off the moon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hazy little town in the middle of a valley never sees much excitement. Most people live their lives quietly, surrounded by the thick, peaceful forest. However, one night there's a meteor shower, and before there's time to think, something hits the ground hard right in front of your house. It turns out to be an egg.

As you play the story, the egg hatches and a beautiful bird emerges unlike anyone has ever seen. As it turns out, the bird was knocked off the moon and fell to earth, and it wants to fly back. Can you help it grow up big and strong so it can fly back, or will you get distracted and let fate have its path?

UPDATE! The backgrounds are done! Here are a few examples. I still haven't decided whether or not I want to keep it black and white or add color.

ImageImage

LASS - Working part time at the market, this clerk is quite a bit ditzy, clumsy, and air headed.
Maybe she's intentionally aloof, but then again, I seriously doubt it.

FRIEND - This is your best friend. His sarcasm can sometimes get the best of him,
but you've known him long enough that you can tell when he's joking...right?

ImageImage

GYPSY - This is the gypsy that lives in the woods. I can't say too much about her,
but while everyone thinks she's a crazy woman,
sometimes she turns out to be the one making the most sense.

MAN - This fine gentleman really knows a thing or two about, well, pretty much everything.
However, he's not the type of guy that gives charity.
If you want his help, you'll have to pay.
Last edited by NickelBuckle9 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: Ah! Peku [NaNoRenMo 2012]

#2 Post by Anna »

Wow, the projects just keep on coming!

As for yours, I really like the way you draw people and their descriptions are fun too. It gives them a lot of character with just two sentences. Your synopsis sounds fun too!

Good luck!

NickelBuckle9
Regular

#3 Post by NickelBuckle9 »

Anna wrote:Wow, the projects just keep on coming!

As for yours, I really like the way you draw people and their descriptions are fun too. It gives them a lot of character with just two sentences. Your synopsis sounds fun too!

Good luck!
Thank you!

..You're working on NanoLife, right? That one really caught my eye. I've been meaning to comment on your thread for a while now, but I kept getting distracted. Your game seems very interesting too, and I love the gui you posted. (I think that's the right term). I'm really looking forward to your project being finished! ^_^
Completed Projects:
* MiniBot *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6Ru9-vlic
(Check video details for download links)
http://nickel-buckle-9.deviantart.com/

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#4 Post by Anna »

NickelBuckle9 wrote:..You're working on NanoLife, right? That one really caught my eye. I've been meaning to comment on your thread for a while now, but I kept getting distracted. Your game seems very interesting too, and I love the gui you posted. (I think that's the right term). I'm really looking forward to your project being finished! ^_^
Aww, thank you so much! I'll do my very best not to disappoint you! I'm looking forward to April where we can try out each other's projects ^^.

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gas »

Hi NB9!
As usual your characters are so alive :D and your concepts bright!
Good work!
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

NickelBuckle9
Regular

#6 Post by NickelBuckle9 »

gas wrote:Hi NB9!
As usual your characters are so alive :D and your concepts bright!
Good work!
Thanks gas! :) Good luck on your project too! Looks great so far ^^
Completed Projects:
* MiniBot *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6Ru9-vlic
(Check video details for download links)
http://nickel-buckle-9.deviantart.com/