Awakened With A Crimson Kiss [GxG] [2012]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
vociferocity
Regular
Projects: Rogue of Heart, Valkyrie

Awakened With A Crimson Kiss [GxG] [2012]

#1 Post by vociferocity »

Awakened With A Crimson Kiss, an original yuri vn....with vampires.

You play Elsa, a human girl in the Vaguely Historical Past (the exact year is, I believe, Asspulled AD) caught in a month long stand-off between two vampires and a vampire hunter. They're all dangerous people, but the thing is, they're all also super attractive ladies. So are you just going to sit back and wait out the month, see what happens in the end? Of course not! You're going to romance one of them! So get cracking!!!

CHARACTERS:
(art and names are both pretty much still in concept stage)

Elsa:
This is you! You're an active, fun-loving gal who spends a little too much time in shady lesbian bars.

Ren Xuan:
The Vampire Hunter! Xuan is tall and dashing, ready to protect you (and any other distressed damsels) from monstrous vampires, the way she wasn't able to protect her village, long ago. But is there more to her past than she's telling you?

Isabel:
The Innocent Vampire! Isabel might be one of the blood-drinking undead, but she doesn't seem too happy about it. She says she'd rather be working on her novel than preying on virginal maidens. But is she as sweet as she seems?

Lola:
The Reason You're In This Mess In The First Place! Lola is a dangerous vampire, that's for sure, with a taste for sweet, delicate girls, and a wicked smile. But can you melt her icy heart?

Gameplay-wise, it's a pretty typical 'you're here for a month, here are the places you can go/people you can talk/give gifts to, off you go' type game. The main plot of the game plays out differently depending on which character you're romancing, and each character has two paths; one good, and one....not so good haha. It's probably going to end up being...partly serious, partly humorous, and 100% full of lesbians. There are about five of us working on it, so hopefully we make some progress on it this month! We're trying to keep it as simple as possible (basic gameplay, not many obtainable characters, only one plot (like, instead of each character having a separate path)) to maximise our chances :)

There's more I could say, but I think we're keeping all that stuff secret. For now, at least ;)!

Progress:
Art: 15%? one of the characters has a few linearted sprites, we have a few backgrounds, and we've started drafting the gui
Writing: 5%? we've got a pretty hilarious prologue! now for the rest...
Coding: 40%? conversation, exporation and buying stuff frameworks are in place!
Music: 0%
Last edited by vociferocity on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Awakened With A Crimson Kiss [GxG] [2012]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Just noticed this one, and was intrigued after reading the descriptions.

Though you said that you're trying to keep this simple, it looks like you're including a "gift" system. Do you intend to implement some simulation gameplay?

Also, it sounds like there is one plot, but also a variety of endings. I'm a bit confused as to what you meant. Your game is about vampires versus hunters... but are there also some slice of life elements? Do the relationships have any impact on the larger plot?

vociferocity
Regular

#3 Post by vociferocity »

I'm glad you're intrigued! it should be a pretty fun and interesting game, if it all works out okay :)

our gift system is pretty basic (buy things from the store, choose to spend your day working to get more money, when talking to someone you can open your list of items and give one to the character), I think. ofc, it's easy to say that since I haven't finished implementing it yet haha

the plot is like a really simple, you're in this place for X amount of time, and Y happens at the end and is the finale... but basically only a few of the paths actually get to Y - a few of them end earlier. does that make any more sense?

vociferocity
Regular

#4 Post by vociferocity »

double posting for progress report :)

we've been slooooowly getting this happening; we have a pretty hilarious solid prologue done, and a bunch of the bgs, and the sprites are being worked on! most of the code is working (now to just puzzle out selling and gifting...), and we've been starting to draft up other portions of the script :)

we should have some screenshots to show you guys pretty soon, so stay posted!

(now to track down some free music...)