closed post

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
UmiLion

closed post

#1 Post by UmiLion »

This post is moved to Ideas.
Attachments
Rena and Mion talking at the beginning.
Rena and Mion talking at the beginning.
Last edited by UmiLion on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

Re: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Moi Comedy, Drama, Gore and mo

#2 Post by MusicaFate »

Um, are these sprites free to use, like did you get permission? I think they are literally from the game (well the ps2 version) so...I'm not entirely sure you are even allowed to use these.
Also, can you please explain more of the plot line? There seems to be a lack in details of your game. O: ...and is this the right place to put this? The NaNoRenO doesn't start until march...
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

#3 Post by Guest »

Yes it was given away somewhere in a website, I think....Hmmmm, the nipa website somewhere, and yes, I am allowed to use this sprites I'm going to change the place of this game to ideas. Also, the plot is going to be updated. By the way, the sprites are for Onscripter not Ren'py. So I had to resize it to.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#4 Post by Hijiri »

Guest wrote:Yes it was given away somewhere in a website, I think....Hmmmm, the nipa website somewhere, and yes, I am allowed to use this sprites I'm going to change the place of this game to ideas. Also, the plot is going to be updated. By the way, the sprites are for Onscripter not Ren'py. So I had to resize it to.
The sprites are owned by Alchemist/07th Expansion. If you're doing a Higurashi fangame, I suggest you make your own art since the ones you're using are from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri

EDIT:
The backgrounds are also from the PS2 game. Yeah, you REALLY need to get an artist (or draw it yourself) since you're already stepping into the legal red area.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

UmiLion

#5 Post by UmiLion »

Sorry, that was my account the "GUESS" Anyway, if you want, I can send you the Higurashi sprites from the site I got it. If you want. I'm not really good at art either, so I actually decided to use this stuff, there are some more Higurashi fan games anyway so I decided to make 1. Here is the link of 1 fan game of Higurashi using those sprites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYeHoPIDl4

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#6 Post by Hijiri »

UmiLion wrote:Sorry, that was my account the "GUESS" Anyway, if you want, I can send you the Higurashi sprites from the site I got it. If you want. I'm not really good at art either, so I actually decided to use this stuff, there are some more Higurashi fan games anyway so I decided to make 1. Here is the link of 1 fan game of Higurashi using those sprites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYeHoPIDl4
I'm saying that you shouldn't be using these since these are ripped straight from the PS2 games, which can get you a C&D letter or other legal actions.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

#7 Post by MusicaFate »

I agree with Hijiri. I went to that website you were talking about and it said nothing about those ripped sprites being free to use. I think you need to ask someone's permission before using...it isn't "illegal" persay (I mean from what I read, as long as you aren't making profit it is okay) However using something without permission is considered to be stealing. You aren't even crediting the correct people for their work.

Btw can someone move this thread? I think it's in the wrong section.
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~