My Saccharine Heart [Fantasy][NaNoRenO 2013]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Nyn
Projects: My Saccharine Heart

My Saccharine Heart [Fantasy][NaNoRenO 2013]

#1 Post by Nyn »

My Saccharine Heart
*cough cough* Well the deadline is approaching... aaaand, my hopes of finishing this VN in time aren't especially great, I probably will be able to finish the writing and possibly the images in time, but the programming part is a rather big hurdle that I think will take me time to get past. So no, I don't think I can complete the NaNoRenO challenge *sheds a tear* however, I still am intending to finish off this project, and my aim for the end of this month is to get all the writing finished! I kind of expected this from the start so I'm not too bummed out, I did overestimate myself, but what can you expect from a naive little novice such as myself... My goal is to release my little story sometime in April :)

Progress

Writing:
Chapter 1- Complete
Chapter 2- Complete
Chapter 3- Complete
Chapter 4- Complete
Chapter 5- In Progress
Chapter 6- Incomplete
Chapter 7: Incomplete

Art:
Character Sprites: In progress
BGs: Partially done
CGs: Incomplete

"Every 200 years or so, an individual known as the 'Alm of the Heavens' is born on this planet. The Alm is a gift from the Gods, a gift of immense power; and on the last week of the Alm's adolescence, four individuals known as the Solitaire Knights are chosen as those viable to receive the gift.

What is the gift?

The gift differs from person to person but it's true ability has always been the same.

The gift can change the world."

In this story you play as Januis, a.k.a the 'Alm of the Heavens', Januis has lived at the monastery all her life under the watchful care of the monks, her many caretakers, religious scholars, and a small battalion of soldiers. She has been preparing for the Ceremony since she were a young girl, and in a few days time the Solitaire Knights will be chosen and arrive at her doorstep. It is her duty to choose whom she gives her gift to, who she will bond her soul with, who she will be partnered with for the rest of her life. She is the gift, and therefore becomes their property.

Unfortunately, not everyone's desires are as pure as she would like to believe.

Apologies for the quick awful sketches

Januis

The Alm of the Heavens, she has been guarded from the sins of the outside world ever since her birth, although she has a very kind, warm, and energetic personality her mind is still in a childlike state.

Amwyn

Januis' childhood friend and the Knight of Hearts, he works at Januis' monastery though he seems to keep the details of his job a secret. He has a very responsible and loyal personality, and a rather obvious crush on our protagonist.

Koire

The Knight of Clubs, a very quiet, brooding, and mysterious character from the Southern countries. She dislikes to speak much, and keeps much of her background to herself.

Veri'ma

A high-strung and moody individual from the island nation of Cail and the Knight of Spades. He seems to resent being Chosen, resents Januis, and frequently goes out of his way to avoid her. He frequents the library often.

Xi

The Knight of Diamonds, Xi comes from the island of Aris, a nation somewhat at war with the island of Cail. He holds strong animosity against Veri'ma, who isn't interested in a confrontation. He has a very crafty and mischievous personality.

Ah, hello, this is my first VN so I'm INCREDIBLY nervous! Excited too! (But still rather nervous...) This is a small project I'm working on by myself, with the help of a couple of friends who will proofread and playtest for me. This may, at first glance seem to be a romance story, but it's really really not. This is something that's rather new to me so I have no idea how this will turn out, but it should be fun having a go anyway! In essence I'm intending this story to focus on the duality of human nature, I hope it turns out okay. I'll post regular updates and upload a couple of my sketches later on. Have a good NaNoRenO everyone!
Last edited by Nyn on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kinsman
Regular

Re: My Saccharine Heart [Fantasy][Allegory][NaNoRenO 2013]

#2 Post by Kinsman »

Well, it sounds like it'd be fun to read, and that's always a good first step in making a VN. :)

I'll check in from time to time.
Flash To Ren'Py Exporter
See the Cookbook thread

Nyn
Projects: My Saccharine Heart

Re: My Saccharine Heart [Fantasy][NaNoRenO 2013]

#3 Post by Nyn »

Kinsman wrote:Well, it sounds like it'd be fun to read, and that's always a good first step in making a VN. :)

I'll check in from time to time.
Thank you :)

---

And in terms of my updates, it's going rather slow at the moment, I've been ill several times and it's been my birthday so this entire week has been pretty hectic. Though I should be able to go full-throttle once things die down! *swoons*

paronomasia

Re: My Saccharine Heart [Fantasy][NaNoRenO 2013]

#4 Post by paronomasia »

This sounds very interesting~ I look forward to it.