Lemonade Stand![GxB/G][2013]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Aedin
Regular

Lemonade Stand![GxB/G][2013]

#1 Post by Aedin »

It's a once in a lifetime experience. People from all over will come. It promises to be the single greatest night in the history of great nights.
And you don't have a ticket.
What's a broke girl to do?

Well, that's obvious! Open a...
Lia Lennin has just graduated high school. Her days of worrying and studying are over - until she goes to college, but that's another story. Then her best friend receive a ticket to the upcoming and nearly sold out Vinnie d'Ituzio concert. Lia has no money and no one to pay for her ticket. So, she does the only logical thing: opens a lemonade stand.

Help Lia make this month the best she can. Buy supplies, improve your recipes, and get help from those around you.

Characters:

Lia Lennin-
A recent high school graduate, Lia hasn't done much except laze about with her best friend Monica. But now that she's only got a month to raise money for a ticket, she's going to be very busy. She's a very childish and cheerful person, almost always bopping around with a smile on her face. She also looks young for her age, and because of her appearance and personality, people often don't believe she's really graduated.

Monica St. Paul-
Monica and Lia have been best friends since freshman year. They've always done everything together. Of the two, Monica is the more mature. She's rather skeptical of the idea of a lemonade stand to raise money, but all she really cares about is if Lia can come with her or not.

Sophie Daniels-
Sophie is Lia's next door neighbour. Growing up, they used to play together all the time, but ever since Sophie graduated high school two years ago and began attending cooking college, they've lost touch. Sophie is a sweet and kind woman, openly supporting Lia's lemonade stand and even offering to help.

Evan Johnson-
Evan and Lia used to be the best of friends, from basically birth to middle school. Evan used to come over all the time to play with Lia and sometimes Sophie (who he had developed a little crush on). When they got to high school, however, they were split up, Lia zoned to Westside and Evan zoned to Eastside. He's very athletic and has all ready received scholarship opportunities from track and field and cross country.

Vinnie d'Ituzio-
Vinnie is a nation-wide sensation. Girls all across the continent flock to see him perform. Of course, his voice isn't the only thing they love about him. His looks, charm, charisma, and newfound wealth also help. He's staying in town for a month before the concert, recording a couple new songs. Rumour has it that he likes to wander around town incognito.

What to expect:
  • Three pursuable characters!
    Stat-raising!
    Multiple endings!
    Lots of lemons!
Progress
  • Story: 100%
    Writing: 18%
    Endings: 0/15
    Music: 0%
    Art: 0%
This is my first time ever doing NaNoReNo, and the first project I've posted on the forums. My goal is to challenge myself and improve my writing while making something others can enjoy. In everything else I write, the MC is almost always sarcastic, smart mouthed, and snarky so I'm trying to make Lia as nonsarcastic as I can. An innocent, childish person proves to be a lot harder to write than I originally thought.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

Kinsman
Regular

Re: Lemonade Stand![GxB/G][2013]

#2 Post by Kinsman »

Will the gameplay have any relation to the old classic Lemonade Stand? :)
Flash To Ren'Py Exporter
See the Cookbook thread

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

FWIW, there's actually another Ren'Py game with the same title. (Totally different audience, though.)

http://www.jason-webb.com/lemonade-stand-game.html
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Aedin
Regular

#4 Post by Aedin »

Should've known that there would be something. "Lemonade Stand" isn't exactly the most original title. That's all right, I can think of something.
The gameplay focuses mostly on the events and relationships that Lia can form. While you can influence how she runs her business (how good her ingredients are, how many other recipes you include, and how skilled you are at making them) the stand isn't the focus of the game.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by 15385bic »

Aedin wrote: What to expect:
  • Three pursuable characters!
    Stat-raising!
    Multiple endings!
    Lots of lemons!
Three pursuable characters! - YAY
Stat-raising! - YAY
Multiple endings! - YAY
Lots of lemons![/list] -Y---- i wonder if you realise what this could means........ >/////<

although thats a lot to take on for a nano reno project! if you can pull it off Id love to play >_<!
good luck with this and the title change

EchoLove
Regular

#6 Post by EchoLove »

This sounds very promising :D

Rye
Regular
Projects: : MAlice :

#7 Post by Rye »

15385bic wrote: What to expect:
  • Three pursuable characters! - YAY
    Stat-raising! - YAY
    Multiple endings! - YAY
    Lots of lemons!
-Y---- i wonder if you realise what this could means........ >/////<

although thats a lot to take on for a nano reno project! if you can pull it off Id love to play >_<!
good luck with this and the title change
I understand what you mean but let's us act innocent *puppy eyes*
I want to play this game ;3
I'm hiatus from everything for exam... Slow pace on projects. I need to write and draw..
"I'm wearing your granddad's clothes. I look incredible." - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

Aedin
Regular

#8 Post by Aedin »

15385bic: Aha, I worded it like that for shits and giggles. What I meant by that was there will be lots of lemon in the GUI. Just everywhere. Because I'm so uncreative.

Thank you for your support, guys. I've been writing and coding a lot this past week. The day system is almost complete and the lemonade stand is nearly completely coded. I'm putting off the art til the last minute because art scares Aedin. So, since I have next to nothing to physically show, I thought I'd give a little more detail gameplay-wise.

You will have thirty days to raise up money for a concert ticket. You will have to buy supplies to be able to keep selling lemonade. The days will be divided into three sections: morning, afternoon, and evening.

The morning is when you'll have an opportunity to raise stats. It also gives you a chance to improve your skill at making lemonade. A higher skill means better recipes and more money.

The afternoon is when you'll be selling your lemonade. When it starts out, you'll only be able to sell on thing: plain lemonade. Meet new people and improve your skill to be able to create better goods to get more money. To learn most of these new recipes, you'll have to go out and socialize.
Look at what all you can make!
Look at what all you can make!
The evenings is when you can relax to reduce stress or go out to buy supplies. This is also the time where it's easiest to meet your friends/love interests.

Annnnd lint.
The game contains 371 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 3,595 words,
for an average of 9.7 words per screen.
The game contains 4 menus.
That's the introduction and half of one path. All in all, probably 20% of the writing for the game.
I have more written in a notebook because I get bored in class, so once I type that up, that'll be two complete paths.

Pandora
Regular

#9 Post by Pandora »

This game sounds like it's going to be incredibly adorable.
Also, I like the look of that yellow GUI so far. P: Adding some texture to it might be nice, too!

Aedin
Regular

#10 Post by Aedin »

Well, due to some unfortunately real life problems that are taking up most of my time, I won't be able to finish this in time to make the deadline. Since I've all ready done so much, I'm not going to just trash this. I'll make it a full-length game and improve on what I all ready have.

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#11 Post by latte »

That's too bad, I'd been stalking following this thread for a while and is a pity you won't make it in time for NaNo.
Take your time, and hopefully we can still play this game eventually, it looks like so much fun.

blahblah0625
Regular

#12 Post by blahblah0625 »

Will be anxiously waiting for this!
Screams and yells for bishies