Message Steps [Friendship] [Adventure] [NaNo13]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Capsy

Message Steps [Friendship] [Adventure] [NaNo13]

#1 Post by Capsy »

Late to the party (again), but after debating about it all weekend I've decided that I am definitely participating this year! Let's not worry about all the exams I have to prepare for and other responsibilities I have to think about - I'm going to make a VN in this month and I'm going to make it so much better than my attempt last year! (I have a feeling I will soon be eating these words...) No matter! Let's throw caution into the wind and get started! :D

--

The main character in Message Steps is an experienced messenger called Vann, who has spent many years refining his skills to become one of the best in the Kingdom of Arconia. His incredible speed and stamina, and the fact that he has the map of Arconia near memorised means he can get a message delivered from one side of the great Kingdom to the other in a matter of days. He is a strong character, who is proud to be an efficient and reliable person who can always get the job done.

Vann's employer decides that it is time to expand his workforce after his business prospered greatly in the Spring, and takes three young apprentices under his wing in order to teach them the ways of the messenger. After they have learned the basics he starts them off on some practical work, and it is up to Vann to supervise them on their journey to deliver their first message. This is a problem for Vann - he is used to working alone and at a very fast pace, so the idea of having to tag along with a bunch of newcomers at a snail's pace is not attractive at all. The idea of the promised pay rise for taking on this task, however, is a different story...

While the apprentices are studying maps and routes and learning how to travel through the wilderness, Vann will have to understand how to work with people and be a teacher, as well as dealing with situations he would rather not be in and seeing the bright side in them. It seems that the journey ahead will be a learning experience not just for the apprentices, but for their mentor as well...

--

I realise that this is a very barebones summary at the moment, and I apologise for that. ^^;; But please check back soon, and (hopefully) I'll have a lot more information on the story available, as well as some sketches, screenshots, and all that other good material! :)

blahblah0625
Regular

Re: Message Steps [Friendship] [Adventure] [NaNo13]

#2 Post by blahblah0625 »

Can't wait to play when it comes out :)
Screams and yells for bishies