MONSTER seeking H U M A N [GxB] [Dating Sim] [NaNo2017]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Promy Katarackt

MONSTER seeking H U M A N [GxB] [Dating Sim] [NaNo2017]

#1 Post by Promy Katarackt »

"Monster seeking human? How about boy seeking girl?"
g e n r e s | supernatural ; romance ; comedy
r a t i n g | PG-13
f e a t u r e s | fully voice-acted, at least six different endings, all endings are canon, over-arching story

p l o t | Penelope reviews movies for a living. The one trope she hates? Monster movies. Vampires? Werewolves? Ghouls? To her, they are all absolutely cliché, overdone and silly. All the more that movies depicting them are usually horrible and cheesy. One day she reviews a recent but popular release about a dating show featuring all three of the above, slamming it as "a pointless journey into teenage fanfiction." She is both praised and flamed for her critique, but the most surprising response comes in the form of an invitation to a mysterious game show. After begrudgingly accepting it, she finds herself in the very real Monster Realm on a very familiar and very real dating show with three eligible bachelors...

p r o g r e s s
Script: 3%
Sprites: 10%
CGs: 0%
BGs: 0%
Music: 0%
Voice Acting: 0%
GUI: 0%
c h a r a c t e r s (pics coming soon!)

PENELOPE | 22 | Human. A recently-graduated blogger and popular online movie critic.
Personality: gets frustrated easily, somewhat self-righteous, stresses out over details

EMERAUDE | ??? | Werewolf. Teaches history at a night school for adults in the monster realm.
Personality: stoic, strict, serious
Dislikes: lazy worth ethic, strong smells, potatoes

MARCO | ??? | Vampire. DJs a local radio show.
Personality: easy-going, chill, silly
Dislikes: loud noises, crowded places

THEO | ??? | Ghoul. Bookseller and volunteer at local soup kitchen
Personality: shy, wallflower, holds strong convictions
Likes: helping others, reading, riding horses, human sushi
Dislikes: messiness, disorganization, flowers

KILLIAN | ??? | ???. Host of the dating show.
Personality: excitable and quirky
Dislikes: seemingly nothing?

q u e s t i o n s
1. What do you think about the concept?
2. What cliches should I avoid?
3. What other features would you like to see?
4. Are you more likely to play for completion or only one route/guy?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: MONSTER seeking H U M A N [GxB] [Dating Sim] [NaNo2017]

#2 Post by Zelan »

1. What do you think about the concept?: I love it! It sort of like the "main character is biased against (group) because of traumatic past event)" but you'e taken out all of the angst so that this can be a more lighthearted comedy.
2. What cliches should I avoid?: I can't think of anything that would be particularly bad. I guess just...don't make them immediately fall madly in love?
3. What other features would you like to see?: There's already quite a few here, so I can't think of anything that I desperately want besides a CG gallery (but you may have already been planning that).
4. Are you more likely to play for completion or only one route/guy?: Always completion for me. Doesn't mean I won't have a favorite, but I will play for every ending if I can. (My favorite right now is Emeraude. ^_^)

Promy Katarackt

#3 Post by Promy Katarackt »

Zelan wrote:1. What do you think about the concept?: I love it! It sort of like the "main character is biased against (group) because of traumatic past event)" but you'e taken out all of the angst so that this can be a more lighthearted comedy.
2. What cliches should I avoid?: I can't think of anything that would be particularly bad. I guess just...don't make them immediately fall madly in love?
3. What other features would you like to see?: There's already quite a few here, so I can't think of anything that I desperately want besides a CG gallery (but you may have already been planning that).
4. Are you more likely to play for completion or only one route/guy?: Always completion for me. Doesn't mean I won't have a favorite, but I will play for every ending if I can. (My favorite right now is Emeraude. ^_^)
Thanks for the feedback! There will most definitely be a CG Gallery. Emeraude, despite being so serious, will have lots of lighthearted, comedic moments.

Desichan
Regular
IRC Nick: Desichan
Tumblr: Desichan

#4 Post by Desichan »

1. I think it sounds like a fun little game, sounds exciting to me! It sounds like the main character got into a lot more than she bargained for, so I'm excited to see how it goes! The characters also sound interesting, no clue who I'll do's route first. ^^

2. I dunno, I've never been one to really mind cliches. \/O-O\/

3. You have a lot of neat features already, for a NaNo project, I think you've got features covered!

4. I'll probably do completion, tbh.

Good luck with your game btw, I hope it ends up working out, and do your best!