Black Doves [VN] [Circus, Drama, Fantasy, Romance] [5/30]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: Black Doves [VN] [NaNoRenO 2014] [Circus, Fantasy] [3/26

#31 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Finishing up Nebuchadnezzar today aka cleaning his lines, adding base colors, expressions, etc.

Without the help of the other artist, I highly doubt I can finish all these sprites. But I'll try ;o; at least placeholders if need be! The script (Chapters 1-3 with 6 choices) is all but finished. Gonna do a final sweep today to add in all the missing chunks from separate docs/make it make sense seeing as some of it was written at 3AM.

If nothing else, I'm 100% sure I can at least get the first chapter out with Neb. and Paloma's finished sprites and placeholder BGs 'cause lol Olivia can't draw'em <:0

His evil hat o'doom is used to scare the kiddies. Oh, and it also hates him.

4 more days yo' can I make it happen? I doubt it but heck I can try ^^
Attachments
The Get Along Gang
The Get Along Gang
&quot;Why must I be worn by you?&quot; Who knows evil hat, who knows...
"Why must I be worn by you?" Who knows evil hat, who knows...
Nebuchadnezzar In-Progress #2
Nebuchadnezzar In-Progress #2
Nebuchadnezzar In-Progress #1
Nebuchadnezzar In-Progress #1
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

Re: Black Doves [VN] [NaNoRenO 2014] [Circus, Fantasy] [3/26

#32 Post by arachni42 »

Do your best!! I can relate to the "I don't think I can finish all these sprites" thing! ;) But gotta, try, right? I look forward to your game.
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Black Doves [VN] [NaNoRenO 2014] [Circus, Fantasy] [3/27

#33 Post by Hazel-Bun »

@arachni42 Thanks!! You have it tougher then me man with all those 3D sprites you have to pose and snap D: Hope you like it when it does come out!

Just wanted to pop in and say that, downsized and most defiantly a bit messy, Black Doves will be out on the 1st ^^* 100% the writing and the paths not to long ago and now I'm in the revision process. Toughest part for me because I tend to pick over a line for hours and then forget I still have pages to, you know, finish aah~ Thought I'd lost a good portion of the script when the doc crashed but thankfully it recovered it and I tend to keep multiple drafts for that very reason...

I wanted to bash my head into a wall when I figured out I could clean the lines in like, five seconds but you live and you learn I guess? Everyone's expressions are done if not coloring so they'll be placeholder art if I can't get it all colored by the deadline. I'm defiantly going to re-release the first phase later this year with CGs, cleaner ui, less muddled writing and better over all everything (hopefully) in general but for now, I'm just focused on getting it out there.

Have to focus on school and such so no more updates in-between then. Not like I show much of anything other than screenshots and walls of text when I do hehe.

Looking forward to all of the great games this year!! Already downloaded the three and played through two that have been finished this year :)

*I promise this isn't an April's Fools joke unless something crazy happens ahaha
Attachments
Beato, I like how he came out &gt;//&gt;
Beato, I like how he came out >//>
Trill - 2
Trill - 2
Trill - 1
Trill - 1
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Black Doves [VN] [NaNoRenO 2014] [Circus, Fantasy] [3/30

#34 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Paloma's not amused by her creator's laziness-
http://blackdovesvn.tumblr.com/post/821 ... 1-dialogue
Statistics:

The game contains 341 dialogue blocks, containing 7,125 words and 38,522
characters, for an average of 20.9 words and 113 characters per block.

The game contains 2 menus, 37 images, and 15 screens.

Remember to set config.developer to False before releasing.

Lint is not a substitute for thorough testing. Remember to update Ren'Py
before releasing. New releases fix bugs and improve compatibility.
Finally finished editing/etc. the demo script. Obviously didn't make it seeing as I got sick/took on too much like always but, hey, the script's finished for Phase I and the sprites are well on their way to being so as well ^^

I'll be putting it out shortly. Loved all the cool games that came out this year ovo hope you all enjoy it when it's here! Will be focusing more on AtPF afterwards though :o
Attachments
Paloma Not AmusedO.png