The cards you have been dealt [KN][NaNoRenO-2014][realistic]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
korova
Veteran
Completed: Ivy, Chocolate, Time, Clair Obscur
Projects: Writing exercises, The House [Nano18]
Tumblr: korova08
itch: korova

The cards you have been dealt [KN][NaNoRenO-2014][realistic]

#1 Post by korova »

Hello !
I've begun my kinetic novel project just a few days ago, and i realize that March is the NaNoRenO month.
So I decided to enlist myself in the challenge, just to force myself to finish the project.

Story
The hero (unnamed) is supposed to join to collegues for the evening. On his way to the café, he find himself lost in a funfair, where he gets a tarot reading about his alleged love life. Will the continuation of the evening prove the predictions right or wrong ?

Commentary
Nothing surnatural or fantasy in this story, actually, all events are more about everyday life.
The tarot reading is just a way to make several stories into one, as the events on the evening change according to the cards read by the medium.
(The cards are partly chosen randomly, and so are the predictions, and the events or conversations afterward change accordingly)

Story is currently in french (my native language) but I'll be working on english translation as soon as possible.
I'am not an artist at all, so i use CC-licenced pictures (mainly from flickr) and musics (from jamendo)
I work mainly on writing and coding.

I'd say that my project is advanded 40% (plot, writing, coding, searching graphics and musics)

I hope i will be able to end this and that some people will enjoy reading it !
Last edited by korova on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

korova
Veteran
Completed: Ivy, Chocolate, Time, Clair Obscur
Projects: Writing exercises, The House [Nano18]
Tumblr: korova08
itch: korova

Re: The cards you have been dealt [KN][NaNoRenO-2014][realis

#2 Post by korova »

Some news !

I changed the title of my project, to put the idea of the cards inside.

I've changed the plot a little too.
At the beginning, the heros were coworkers in the professional world, but i've changed my mind. The main characters are now a group of students, and they meet to celebrate the prize they win in a student contest.
The hero is now a foreign student, struggling with his visa to carry on his university course. He also want to use the opportunity of the celebrating to share a personnal secret with his friends, a secret he haven't found courage to tell them till now.

The canvas of the story is not that much affected by those changes : there is still the tarot reading and the events and conversations changing accordingly.

I just wanted to have a better background, because as I was wrting, i realized things were very vague, so a little boring. With this new background, i can be more precise in my writing.

So now, I need to change my character sprites, so that they are younger.

That's all for now, i'm going back to work !

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: The cards you have been dealt [KN][NaNoRenO-2014][realis

#3 Post by Googaboga »

Sounds like an interesting angle for a about tarot card reading. Having the prediction be decided randomly and events changing accordingly sounds really cool :].
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices