BPK (developement title) [Nano14] COMPLETED 04/08

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

BPK (developement title) [Nano14] COMPLETED 04/08

#1 Post by Helianthus »

As we did last year with Ambre, we’re joining Nanoreno ! Ok, I know, we’re terribly late into the game (because we just released the 2nd chapter of our episodic visual novel) but better late than never, right ? Since we really don’t have much time left, we’re going to do a very small game with a way more entertaining and way less depressing theme than last time : friendship or « Before Nanoreno, the visual novel ».
We'll be going for an IRC-like GUI instead of a standard presentation, here's a mockup of what the game will look like :
Text and avatars are just placeholders for now
Synopsis
Between « mise en abyme » and meta-fiction, our game tells the story of…our team trying desesperatly to join Nanoreno three weeks before it begins. Inspired by actual conversations and actual people (who aren’t like that in real life, we swear !), you can now experiment…the frightening blank page syndrome.
As Nanoreno is already coming to an end, we're going to update this topic like crazy in the followings days, I hope you're ready :twisted:
Last edited by Helianthus on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Helianthus
Regular

Re: BPK (developement title) [Nano14][Slice of Life][Friends

#2 Post by Helianthus »

Update!
Today, we introduce the characters. They're all a bit crazy and are all oddballs in their own way. We hope you'll like them :)

Characters or "Meet the weirdest team ever"

Helia, the project leader/writer
23 years old
Master degree student perpetually overwhelmed and stressed because of her living several lifes at the same time. She spend most of her time running after her minions to make them work.

Keul, the programmer
31 years old
Webmaster day and night, that airhead has an incredible skill : he's always completely missing the point of ANY discussion.

Roganis, the compositor
18 years old
Temporary a japanese high school student, he's worshipping the power of sukumizu. Don't ask. Local Nabeshin.

Morsy, graphist n°1
15 years old
High school student, she's a bit of a tomboy and above all way too mature for her age. Spiritual imouto.

Melow, graphist n°2
21 years old
Shy freelance artist who tends to apologize all the time. Likes glasses, maids and everything that's cute.

Jeungo, graphist n°3
14 years old
Slow-witted and disorganized middle school student who seems to live in an alternate dimension from the rest of the crew.

Orties, graphist n°4
16 years old
Hyperactive high school student addicted to hallucinogenic mushroom. Always talking about wapitis for some reason.
Last edited by Helianthus on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#3 Post by Googaboga »

Haha they all look so nice and the presentation is certainly eye catching :D. The premise is also neat. Best of luck to you guys :3.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Helianthus
Regular

#4 Post by Helianthus »

New update ! This time, I'm gonna show you the GUI a little bit.

Save/Load screen

The calendar screen we'll be using to show the date. I hope we'll be able to animate it :3
Googaboga wrote:Haha they all look so nice and the presentation is certainly eye catching :D. The premise is also neat. Best of luck to you guys :3.
Well, the pictures are a bit pixelated but that's because they won't take much place in-game. Thank you very much for your support, we'll need that luck to finish on time :lol:

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#5 Post by Didules »

This upcoming game looks...original and funny.
Will the text that you used as placeholder in the first screenshot be somehow...herr...in the actual style of the game? Of course it looks funny (but it's not that easy to read, Roganis, seriously :lol: )
The avatars are great, it looks like this game will definitely be fun to play :D (and not too serious too) (I'm wondering, who drew these?) (Oh, yeah, and "Wapitis" do remind me of something....a Boris Vian's book, it's not related at all, is it?)

Definitely waiting for your game (You'd better finish it on ti~me ;) )

Good luck because you'll clearly need some luck to finish all this!

EDIT: et surtout glooiiiiiiiiiire aux Moo-Moo m(_ _)m
Last edited by Didules on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#6 Post by Duskylli »

The characters seem really fun and a little crazy. I'm curious to see how their conversation goes. The GUI is looking great! Good Luck!

Helianthus
Regular

#7 Post by Helianthus »

Didules wrote:Will the text that you used as placeholder in the first screenshot be somehow...herr...in the actual style of the game?
Nah, that text was written by the guy in charge of the GUI to show us how it could work, it’s not actual dialogue :P
Didules wrote:I'm wondering, who drew these?
Every graphist did. Melow drew herself and me (that’s why I’ve got the priviledge to look so kawaii 8D), Morsy drew herself, Keul and Roganis and Jeungo and Orties drew themselves.
Didules wrote:Oh, yeah, and "Wapitis" do remind me of something....a Boris Vian's book, it's not related at all, is it?
I don’t think so. Well, to tell the truth, I have no idea why « wapitis ». I could ask Orties once again but she’s a kind of a magical being to me : you shouldn’t try to awake her without a good reason 8)

So much pressure ! Well, the artistic part is already completed but the GUI/programmation is really a big thing so I think I have a lot on my plate for now. Nanoreno without challenge wouldn’t be funny after all :lol:
Les vaches vaincront ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duskylli wrote:The characters seem really fun and a little crazy.
Yep, they’re all crazy. Which could be exhausting in real life. But I’m sure that it’s only 100% fictionnal. Wait...
Duskylli wrote:I'm curious to see how their conversation goes.
Probably nowhere and everywhere at the same time :shock:

Thank you so much o/

Helianthus
Regular

#8 Post by Helianthus »

Nanoreno deadline was yesterday but we haven’t finished yet ! In fact everything is ready except for all the system features (save, load, options, quit) so we’re waiting for the programmer to finish his job before beginning the testing phase, it shouldn't take that long ^_^

BTW, here is a more actual screenshot, the finished game will of course be in English o/

Helianthus
Regular

Re: BPK (developement title) [Nano14][SoL][Friendship] 04/02

#9 Post by Helianthus »

I forgot to update the topic, silly me X).

The game has officially been released ! We’re late of course, but for people entering like two or three weeks in, I think it isn’t that bad… Our project sounds a bit like « Making Visual Novel : The Game » but whatever. The final version includes a lot of profanities, non-sense and stupid extras such as a sukumizu illustration or a Gangnam Style mandolin cover. Not meant to be taken seriously, of course.

I hope you’ll enjoy our little work ! :)