CUPID [Horror/Romance - NanoReno 2015][COMPLETED!!]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Ariette

Re: CUPID [Horror/Romance - NanoReno 2015][DEMO IS LIVE!]

#61 Post by Ariette »

Just finished it!

1. Your first thoughts about the story and characters.

Rosa and Mother are very interesting protagonists and I'm eager to learn more about them, Guilleme is at just the right spot where you can't quite tell what his intentions are in any scene he's in, Catherine is very cute and charming

2. Is the mature filter appropriate? What do you think is the mature rating for this game so far?

I think having the option to turn the filter on/off is a good choice, since it's pretty light on the graphic content (at least in the demo). I think you have the game listed as 16+ right now? That seems about right for what was in it, what with
allusions to rape and the needle scene
3. Did you see any bugs in the game and the UI?

Nope.

4. Do you think this is a game you'd wait around for completion?

Absolutely, I really enjoyed it.

5. Any improvements you can recommend?

The main things that jumped out at me were a lack of music and inconsistent BGs, but from what I understand you're already working on those. I saw a few typos here and there, but apparently you're already planning to do another editing pass. That was about it.

6. Do you think gameplay would add to the story or is it fine the way it is?

I think there might be some spots where that could fit, like if Rosa had to investigate someone's room you could have some point-and-click exploration or something like that. I don't think it's super necessary, though.

Additional questions if you've enjoyed the game!:

1. Share your theories about the story!
It seems like Rosa/Mother are witches or something like that? Maybe Mother killed herself because the dad left? Maybe Rosa somehow caused the dad to leave? Rosa seems like she has some supernatural (or maybe mundane) ability to cause men to be attracted to her, did the dad leaving have something to do with that? Would explain all the slut-shaming from mom. Not sure what to think about Guilleme. I don't feel like I know enough about him to make any good guesses just yet as far as Catherine's death goes. It seems like he might have an ability similar to Rosa's that causes women (and maybe men too?) to be attracted to him, which might be why he seems lonely and emotionally detached. Doesn't feel like anyone genuinely cares about him, maybe?
2. Who's your favorite character so far or any favorite moments?

I think Rosa's probably my favorite, my favorite moments were her 1-on-1 scenes with Guilleme, like in the library, or on the cliff.

3. Your thoughts on Mother. How is Mother portrayed? Do you want more choice routes or are interactions enough?
She seems like a manipulative, controlling and emotionally abusive parent who thinks she loves Rosa, but harbors a lot of resentment towards her for whatever reason, and that poisons all her interactions with her. Or she might not be real at all. Hard to say just yet. She could definitely be a manifestation of guilt or self-loathing or something.
I'm not sure what you mean by choice routes vs. interactions, but I think some more ambiguous choices might be good. Most of the choices are just blatantly mean vs. nice and that makes things a bit boring, especially since it's partly a mystery story.

ameliori
Veteran
Completed: Who is Mike?, Cupid
Projects: The Black Beast [Fairytale]
Organization: FERVENT
Tumblr: ameliori
itch: fervent

#62 Post by ameliori »

ColaCat wrote:^_^ It's no problem at all, ame-chan!
By the way, any news from the colourist?
Sadly, not a peep. :(

Ariette wrote:Just finished it!
Hi Arriette! Thanks so much for the very detailed feedback. Sorry for not replying at once.

I'm really glad to know you really liked it. All your comments are duly noted!

As for the Mother choices, we were going more for "sweet but manipulative" vs. "mean/strict/verbally abusive". It's a story choice more than a counter "if you are bad you get the bad ending" thing... But your comment made me rethink the mechanics of the game. I'm sure more ambiguous choices are in the later game. Not sure if we can add more choices though, since that would mean we have to craft another path. That may complicate things a bit and push the deadline further.

I appreaciate your feedback! It will help us with the full release!
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

harufuu

#63 Post by harufuu »

Hi there,

first off: Wow. I really like where this is heading. There are not too many VN's that are dark, depressing and well let's say interesting. So I'm really looking forward to the full release.

1) The setting is very unique. I think more people should venture into the dark gothic theme with intrigues and whatnot. :D The start of the story gives us a good glimpse of how dark this might get. Like someone said before... You just know, that this cannot end well and there is always the possibilty that it can go very bad in a very short time. ^^ I think the atmosphere you created is what lets this game shine in all shades of dark. ;) I also like the mother/Rosa relationship. It's so intriguing in many ways.
Up to this point, the characters complement each other perfect. We have Rosa, a plagued soul, Catherine, her light in the darkness and Guilleme, an unreadable character, who attracts Rosa in a mysterious way. Guilleme could be just bricksh** mad or another tortured soul and it would still be a perfect cast. I don't know why, but I always have to think about Duke Venomania (Vocaloid) for some reason. xD Mad, madness, Duke, maybe?? :D

2) The mature filter is definetely not wrong. I mean... we haven't seen really bad things yet, but I assume you'll have some nasty scenes if not gore and some innuendo rape and all the other nice things, we only want to happen in stories. ;)

3) No, I haven't. There were some typos here and there, but you already said, you were working on it.

4) TOTALLY. I'm left unsatisfied with that intro and I'm eager to find out how this whole Guilleme and mother thing will affect Rosa. She's a darling and deserves to be happy, but then again..... tragic endings have so much more depth. Hehe.

5) I was missing BGM... There wasn't a lot... And I think it would definetely help to establish the atmosphere even better. I heard you'll have voice actors for this game? I hope mother is voiced, too! :D

6) I don't think that more gameplay (what do you mean with gameplay anyway? I assume more interaction in the game, like mini games?) would actually add more to the story, because Mother is actually "just" an observer and the 3rd person. It would feel weird to play Rosa all of a sudden...

Additional:
1)
There are actually 3 theories:
a) Guilleme is a twisted bastard like Duke Venomania, who seeks pleasure in women, but actually loves Rosa or Catherine, because he cannot have them? So Rosa might be tempted by his attraction, while he is by hers. And yeah... You can imagine the rest of this. It does not bode well. :D Demons and so on. ;)
b) Guilleme is a poor tortured soul with a curse to attract every person unnaturally. Like Rosa. So he's become cold to real feelings, because everyone just goes gaga about him, without really loving him. Because of magic or whatever. So he's just drowning in pleasure and actually only wants to be saved by someone.
c) He's like Bluebeard. A sicko, who has trust issues and cursed his lovers for not trusting him. That would at least explain all the tragedies with his ex lovers.
2) Rosa! I'm just a sucker for broken persons. *bricked* No, but I'm curious what will trigger her to fall apart or reach salvation. And then, she can use magic. It's always interesting to predict and see how different people deal with their problems. I'm hoping Guilleme will make her come to the dark side. Unf. And Mother. Oh, Mother, you twisted Mother.

3) Mother is plainly said a twisted creature.
I wonder if there is really a Mother or just a voice of Rosa, who has suffered so much, that she might have developed another personality. A mental disorder problem. Or maybe not. Mother is loving, but in a twisted way. It's like she's obsessed with Rosa and does not want to share her with anyone. Wants her to be broken, so she will always stay with Mother. It's just so intriguied. I cannot wait to see you loosing Rosa. I wonder what would happen then?
In a nutshell. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO UNRAVEL THE MYSTERY AND AGONY IN THIS GAME. Your artwork is GORGEOUS. And the title screen looks so good, I was literally drooling on it. xD The story is intriguing and I really want to know what will go wrong in this wonderful setting. Fufu. So excited for the full release. Please make it July soon. :P

ameliori
Veteran

#64 Post by ameliori »

@ harufuu

Hi harufuu! I'm so sorry I didn't see your message sooner! Thanks so much for the support! I really enjoyed reading your breakdown of the characters. I might say I live to read these kinds of reviews (because I get to torture you guys a little bit by with holding the spoilers mwahahaha).

1. I checked out Duke Veromania and dang, the music video really sucked me in. There are a lot of parallels between him and Guilleme, but I'm keeping mum at which parts because I don't want to spoil anything!

2. It's going to get quite a bit darker around the bend. The demo is squeaky clean compared to the rest of it. Not to say it's all guts and sex and squishy parts in the story of course! There's still a lot of heartwarming moments and possibly some romance. But yeah, if you want dark, we have dark... I am hoping the proofreaders will catch all the nasty stuff before it gets released!

4. Hahaha, I like the way you think!!

5. Thanks for this comment! I'm looking at possible musicians to complement the existing soundtrack at this very moment! If you check back in this thread again, harufuu (please do!), you can always suggest anything to me, like which parts were missing the sounds.

6. Wow, that makes a lot of sense! I never thought about it that way! O_O

Additional:

1. ....Or he might be all three! Hahaha! But heeey, you're very close!

2. I must hurry and release this game because I would like to talk to you more lol

Of all the comments I got, I think you're one of the few who kinda understood what Mother is all about. Most people hate her straight up because she's horrible, and I get it. She's easy to hate. But you're right about that. Her motivation is still love and she wants to drag Rosa down so she will stay dependent on her. Gawds.. In the real world, people like that exist. I've seen that happen often right before my eyes. Mother and Rosa is just another kind of relationship.

(Also my own mother used to be verbally abusive when I was younger, and it took me a lot of effort to understand her when I grew up. Some of the feelings are present in the game too.)
I hope you will come back to comment on the game once it's finished! I agree on a lot of your points and you seem to understand a great deal of the character interactions from the demo alone!
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#65 Post by Elmvine »

I'm so sorry this is so long. Dx It's late at night and I think I must of repeated myself too many times.
Questions about the Demo:

This is not what I expected when I haphazardly downloaded a game called cupid. Part of me wishes it was the cute cupid story I thought I was getting into before I slept. But I'm glad it isnt'. I accidentally skipped the intro, and then replayed it with the intro and it led to some very different feelings.

However, I do very much enjoy the writing style of the game. My other thought, is that in regards to the presence of the mother - I feel it has just enough ambiguity. It's clear that she is either emotionally abusive, or manipulative. However, it is also clear that we cannot be sure whether she exists or not. Which brings me to my other thought: I'm a little hot and cold with taking on the role of her mother's voice but not necessarily for bad reasons. I feel like the choices have some weight to them as I don't know what I would do. I feel like forcing us to roleplay a persona we (probably) don't express or have in normal circumstance also forces us to roleplay. Sometimes I really did want to use the harsher option because in the moment, I felt like that is what the mother would do.

On that note, I really do love the characterisation that is coming through too. Guilleme as a character really intrigues me aha, and that worries me. He's clearly 3-dimensional and well written, and the things he says add to his character rather than feeling out of character. But I just can't shake the feeling he's the worst person in the game and I shouldn't like him as much as I do. u.u;;; Tell me now that it's not safe.

2. Is the mature filter appropriate? What do you think is the mature rating for this game so far?

I'm terrible with mature filters, but I suppose 16+ is fine? I can see myself playing this at 16 and being somewhat okay with it aha. I mean looking at ESRB Teen ratings = violence, suggestive themes, minimal blood, infrequent use of strong language. Whereas Mature (17+) is intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and strong language. So I guess it depends how graphic it becomes after the demo and if things are shown more often and less suggestive? That being said, it does deal with stronger psychological issues which can be touchy and triggering and if they get more intense... then maybe push it higher that 16. xD All I know is that this isn't for kids.

So far no? I only played around with it twice and seemed to be fine. It only spazzed out a little when I changed from window to fullscreen and vice versa, but it was fine for the most part. I assume it was just trying to calibrate itself.

Definitely. Me writing this comment is a sort of semi-remedy for the clear withdrawal symptoms this will give me.

All I can think of is getting the full version out. =p Since you've already stated that CG and backgrounds are what's left, I honestly don't know what to say. I did play around with the mature filter, since I like unlocking gallery CGs. If anything, maybe have a little symbol or something to point out a locked CG is mature in the gallery? I only say it so we know that it's not a CG based on story choice.

I think it's fine the way it is. I am however, dying to have choices for Rosa without her mother. But I realise it's not necessary. It's just a strong want of mine.

Ugh.... I can only assume that Guillaume is a very terrible man. Probably. Like mother says. And I expect that I will try to deny this until the very end, until some plot twist goes ahead and breaks my little heart.
I am torn by whether the mother is real or not, but I don't care enough about this fact to conjure up some theory about it. At the end of the day, I can't see it changing the story too much.
Probably not a real theory, but I do get the sense that Guilleme has achieved what he has through possible unethical means. And that he is quite predatory as the rumours say. We're introduced to him by Rosa as kind and possibly immaculate, and then shown an unfavourable view by Amelia. I mean, that negative view fades... but still lingers at the back of my head. I don't find it unusual that he may have a facade in public - I actually think it's quite normal aha. But man, I just can't shake the feeling that there's some truth to what mother says. I'm sure there's some deeper more sympathetic reason to his behaviour, but at this point I feel like Guilleme really does just spend women and then move onto the next. Like he did with Amelia, then Catherine and now Rosa. I really hope that he's a nice guy deep down. xD

Uhm. Other theory, I think is clear the Rosa is some sort of witch aha. But I think Guilleme might not be normal either.
My favourite character is dead. xD I liked Catherine.
I'm really torn aha, I want to like Guilleme and I can just tell I will regret it.
Obviously, I like the library scene. He pretty much went out of character in a good way, and also shook Rosa up a bit. I have a slight dislike for girls who continue to stay weak, so I appreciated the 'dont give people a reason to pity you' scene. I also liked that he was so cold at points, it made me more unsure about his character and I enjoy not being able to guess what's going to happen next. :) Goodbye cliches?
3. Your thoughts on Mother. How is Mother portrayed? Do you want more choice routes or are interactions enough?

I guess I've answered this throughout the response?

ameliori
Veteran

#66 Post by ameliori »

Hi Elmvine! You don't have to say sorry! I love reading long metas and theories about the game. I think this is the type of story that actually begs discussions like this anyway. So, don't worry about it!
Elmvine wrote:Tell me now that it's not safe.
I like Guilleme too. I think in many ways, he's the character with the most layers. I thoroughly enjoy peeling them back and finding new facets about him. You can like a character for their own merits either as a villain or a tortured soul (seems that Guilleme can swing either way. That feeling never leaves, it seems, even as I write). You don't have to agree with them, but you can like them as a character haha.
Elmvine wrote: If anything, maybe have a little symbol or something to point out a locked CG is mature in the gallery? I only say it so we know that it's not a CG based on story choice.
That is a brilliant suggestion. I am currently talking to the programmer on how to implement this feature. Thank you!
Elmvine wrote: Ugh.... I can only assume that Guillaume is a very terrible man. Probably. Like mother says. And I expect that I will try to deny this until the very end, until some plot twist goes ahead and breaks my little heart.
You are a precious little snowflake, but I will hurt you, and I am so sorry.
Elmvine wrote: I'm really torn aha, I want to like Guilleme and I can just tell I will regret it.
If it is any consolation, I like Guilleme a lot too and all these feelings is making me think of creating a prequel! ^^
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

Norbez
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, HCF, Hummingbird Haunting, Literate, Where Is The Edge of Space, Colmercia, Cally & Lingo, Comfort Owl, Fantastic Backflip, The Mouse
Tumblr: NaomiNorbez
itch: norbez

#67 Post by Norbez »

Played this with Haze, voicing the characters. What a strange, dark, and interesting game! The characters are all extremely well defined, the writing is beautifully paced (I especially loved your metaphors & similes-- not one ever fell flat, and all were excellent), and the sprite art fits the story to a T. I personally think it's better than Who Is Mike.
My only complaint is this: Why were Chapters 2 & 3 in the order it was? I think it may have worked better chronologically, with the emotions from Ch3 backing up Ch2. Ch2 seemed to dump us far in the future and say, "btw, she's dead now.". Ch3 said, "Yeah, we're going to see her again.". A bit confusing.

Questions & thoughts

1. Excellently written, very well done & paced. Catherine's transition is very well done in Ch3, with dialogue choices that fully highlight the different young woman before us. The story is very good, portrayed wonderfully, and given great pacing to help it flow & breathe.

2. I'll be 100% honest with you: when Haze & I were tinkering with the options menu after our playthrough, we saw the mature filter was on. -_- Probably b/c when we glanced at it before, we were looking through the options. But considering the content, the mature filter is fitting and needed.

3. No, didn't see any bugs.

4. HECK YEAH! Cannot stress that enough. Will be playing the final release without a doubt.

5. Since you're going to improve the backgrounds, I won't mention those. The story is already well-paced as is, so I can't really suggest any improvements. However, some of the lingo is too modern for 18th century France.

6. What do you mean by "gameplay"? More Mother choices, or doing more "gamey" things? For the former, I thought there was just enough. For the latter . . . I don't know. I think it would bog down the game to replace story description with, I don't know, a hacking minigame with the types of love. So, no.

Additional questions:

1. From the first moment I saw him, I suspected Guilleme to be a pedophile. I still believe this. Also, he freaks me out. Great job on his micro-expressions.

2. Fave moments: maybe the library scene. The intro at the church was especially good. Great way of letting us know what we're getting into. If I remember correctly, a lot of Mother choices there.

3. She is portrayed very well, except in the library scene, when the choice to leave or stay appears. I thought Rosa was making her own choice, until I clicked "leave" and found otherwise. Perhaps different phrasing would have helped?
Hi there! Hope you have an awesome day! Keep up the good work on your project. You can do it! :)

ameliori
Veteran

#68 Post by ameliori »

Hi Norbie! Thank you for such a glowing review of the demo. I'm really thrilled you liked it so much! Maaan, I'd love to talk more about it. I have to release it soon! XD

I've already explained this through PM, but for the sake of anybody else wondering, the chapter order worked for a couple of things:
- The mood whiplash between Catherine's bright future and her death (the line "you are going to change the world" and then she dies in the next scene)
- The slow progression of doubt about Guilleme's identity. Chapter 1 and 2 portrays him as a nice guy and then suddenly... needles. Chapter 3 further hints that he is more than he appears.
- Every chapter from 1 - 6 starts with a flashback
++

Mature Filter:
Mature Filter is always ON by default so people who do not like to see questionable things don't have to. I think it is more polite that way.

Nonetheless, it can get pretty dark even with it on. The demo is about PG-16, but the rest of the game is more on the 17+ category. Sometimes, you just can't censor full scenes without losing the essence of the story, especially when you are dealing with subtle themes and not just vulgarities or gore. I have tried my best, though. I'm sure the proofreaders and future beta-players will help me improve it further.

++

Lingo:
Yeah, I've improved a lot of those in the full game. If you catch any more of those, please inform me right away!

++

Mother:
That is a nice suggestion! I'll improve on that!

++

Guilleme:
A pedophile! Haha! I haven't heard that one. I do suppose he gives off that vibe lol!
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#69 Post by Reikun »

Hey :) I played through Cupid's demo last night and wanted to leave my thoughts. I haven't gone through the rest of the thread in depth so I apologize if I bring up something that's already been addressed

Stuff I liked:
- Art was lovely. I don't normally like it when speaking characters (who have more than just 1-5 lines) don't have sprites, but I understand that this was attempted as a nano project so less important characters like the 3 court ladies or the priest in the beginning wouldn't get sprites. Any plans to give these minor characters some kind of art though?
- The story was interesting enough for me. The writing style is pretty unique, and I think it matched with the setting/tone/art well. There were a few times the vocabulary felt like it didn't fit (e.g. shit, pissed off), but I think I saw mention that the word choice would be addressed. (??)
- GUI was really nice, but the font size was very tiny once you headed into a screen like save/load, options/etc. (I almost didn't even notice there were buttons at the bottom of those screens because the text was so small) Main menu was great though!
- CHAPTER SELECT. This was excellent. It's nice to see how far into the story you've gone so far.

Stuff I think can be improved/changed:
- I didn't like that the game launches into fullscreen. This mostly a personal preference because I'm often multitasking on my computer... But if the majority of your players don't have a problem with this ignore me on this point!
- The text size on some of the gui screens (just the little teeny menu at the bottom of those screens really!) Partly as an accessibility consideration and partly because they are just... rather hard to see. I understand if you want to keep your design though, because it does look very nice.

Your questions:
I honestly rolled my eyes at the 'impure priest' thing as I was playing through it. I know there's magic or something involved but that set up in the intro really didn't hold my attention. I guess there was too much 'going on' and not enough reason to care about it yet? The only reason I kept on through the rest of the demo was because of the end of the intro when
she injures her own eye.
That action made me want to see what would become of her, but everything before it felt like a very typical set up (not necessarily a bad set up, just one that didn't feel particularly unique).
The first thing I do when I start a game is customize the options xD So I turned off the filter straight from the get-go. I think having it on by default is a good decision though. It would benefit someone going into the game blind, who might not be prepared for graphic imagery/video LPers so they don't have to censor it themselves/etc. So far I think the rating for this game would be around PG-16.
Didn't run into any bugs.
I'd like to see this game complete but I'm slow at getting to play completed games OTL
See above :)
I'm not sure what kind of gameplay could be added except maybe some kind of minigame to determine the efficacy of Rosa's spell casting...? But I really think it's fine as it is with the pure VN gameplay of making choices.

Gilly's innocent! (Just have the feeling that Rosa is investigating the wrong thing... mostly because I don't trust Mother)
Rosa and Gil are my faves. I really liked her scene with Gil (sorry I can't spell his full name for beans orz) in the library.
"You were hurt before."
"No, I did that to myself."
"I wasn't talking about your eye."
OOOOHHHH *clutches chest* WHAT A GREAT EXCHANGE.................
I don't trust Mother :| I don't actually know what she even is (a ghost? just part of Rosa's imagination? her actual mother?) I think she is portrayed as some kind of evil/mean spirit/force...? I don't like having to do her choices because I only want to be nice to Rosa.... :(

OVERALL great demo :) Good luck getting to final release!!!!!!!!! <3
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

ameliori
Veteran

#70 Post by ameliori »

Hi reikun! Sorry for the late reply!
3 court ladies or the priest in the beginning wouldn't get sprites
Unfortunately, there are no plans to make sprites for these characters. We are aiming for a July release and making additional sprites and encoding the expressions may push the deadline even further.

I may offer it in a DLC if there is demand for it, though.
the font size was very tiny once you headed into a screen like save/load, options/etc.
Yes, somebody else had pointed this out and this has been addressed in the full game :)

I didn't like that the game launches into fullscreen.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Some have also mentioned it so I will be launching the full game into windowed version.
I honestly rolled my eyes at the 'impure priest' thing as I was playing through it
Hmm.. well I have racked my head on how to improve on this, but it is what it is haha ^^; Some people really liked the intro, as it shows what Mother is all about. I am glad you stick through it though!
Gilly's innocent!
Nobody has ever said that before! Hihi!
I don't like having to do her choices because I only want to be nice to Rosa....
Another player in this thread mentioned that forcing themselves to don a vastly different persona makes you want to roleplay and choose the meaner choices since they feel it is what Mother will do. It's an interesting perspective.

...So my advice is, embrace your inner sadist, reikun *evil laugh*
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

#71 Post by erikoillustrations »

I happen upon this game randomly and I'm so glad I did! Totally found myself enjoying it very much. I look forward to this project's completion! :D

Well, I want to say first how beautiful the art and story are. They're all intriguing and interesting characters. The music is fitting, too. Makes me feel like I'm in Medieval France. Haha! The story is intriguing in an eerie way (though not so surprising considering the genre of this game). I'd like to find out more about Rosa and this "mother". Makes me wonder if the mother is just really a figment of her imagination.

The mature filter is appropriate, I guess. I'm not exactly easily perturbed by things but having the choice for someone to have it is a nice idea.

Hm, I think there was one part where I saved in-game and when I tried loading, it won't load. The saved spot isn't clickable. Sorry if that doesn't make sense D: It happened during Chapter 3.

Yes! I actually hate playing demos because I hate waiting but since I did play it and totally got immersed, I'm willing to wait!

None that I could think of.

It's fine the way it is. Adding some other game features would distract me, I think. And I do enjoy the book-like kind of storytelling.

Unfortunately, I'm not one for theories. I'm what you call someone who just enjoys a story in the moment. Kind of like a bystander that watches how the story unfolds so I'm sorry I can't contribute on this one :'c

I can't choose between Rosa and the Marquis xD

The mother is an interesting one. She gets and plays with your head. Kind of reminds me of like my own mother so it's kinda freaky. I think the choice routes are sufficient. It makes it easier to focus on the story.
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]

ameliori
Veteran

Re: CUPID [Horror/Romance - NanoReno 2015][Nearing Full Rele

#72 Post by ameliori »

Hello people! I'm glad to announce that as of today, I am officially done with the BGs of this game. The next step is final polishing, proofreading and beta-testing.

OMG!! It's actually going to be released soon! Please watch out for it!

In the meantime, here are some samples of the backgrounds!

I'm really excited. Thanks to everyone who showed their support throughout this game's production.. I loooove you all! <3
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#73 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Played this yesterday.

Questions about the Demo:
I like the characters, they possess depth.
I like the tone of the story (reminds me of a wuthering heights or something like that).

Sounds like the theme is getting darker after where the demo stopped - so yeah have a mature filter.

The text box coming on and off was bugging me (like it was blinking) but may not bother others.

Yes.

It felt a little disjointed as the scenes progressed.
There's that big jump forward to just after Catherine's death and then it goes back into the past again. I felt the story should start with the scene just after Catherine's death because I feel that's the change that triggers Rosa's actions and the upcoming events and consequences. Events prior to that can be shown in flashback.

I'm expecting the choices with mother will influence the outcome and I feel that's enough.

Gil's something supernatural. People are attracted to him and they get destroyed because of it. At the same time Gil doesn't want to be alone.

Gil. I want to know who or what he is. I want to understand him and be near him. (If I was Rosa, I'd be in heaps of trouble with that mentality).

Not sure. She could be supernatural since witchcraft is involved (some female deity or something) or she could be a personality of Rosa's.

ameliori
Veteran

#74 Post by ameliori »

Hey Lesleigh63!

I'm so happy to see your feedback! I remember you helping a lot in my first game... DX Thank you so much! All your feedback is helpful, hope you stay tuned for the full game!
Lesleigh63 wrote:Gil. I want to know who or what he is. I want to understand him and be near him. (If I was Rosa, I'd be in heaps of trouble with that mentality).
Lol, you and I both!
ameliori
TwitterPatreon

ameliori
Veteran

Re: CUPID [Horror/Romance - NanoReno 2015][RELEASE IS TODAY!

#75 Post by ameliori »

Announcement
I'm proud to tell everyone that after months of hard work, we're finally able to release the Full Game: Cupid! The release will be later at 9AM UTC. I hope everyone supports us. There's been a lot of encouragement and warm reception to the demo so we're really excited to show everyone the full game.

(Gosh, I'm so nervous! I really hope you guys like it!!)
ameliori
TwitterPatreon