❤ Cute Demon Crashers! ❤ [GxB/GxG][18+][NaNoRenO 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Saitouakira

Re: ❤ Cute Demon Crashers! ❤ [GxB/GxG][18+][NaNoRenO 2015]

#106 Post by Saitouakira »

i just found out about this game and i have to say im looking forward to it:-)

Pudding Fluff
Regular
Projects: Cute Demon Crashers
Organization: Sugar Script
Tumblr: SugarScript

#107 Post by Pudding Fluff »

It's out! :D
http://sugarscript.tumblr.com/post/1267 ... cit-sexual

I'll make a decent "complete" post shortly :)

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#108 Post by AsHLeX »

Yes yes yes I'm so happy. I'll dl it immediately!!
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#109 Post by Fox Lee »

FINALLY finding time to play some NaNo entries! Though it will probably take me forever to get through them all ^^; But so many of them were really exciting, I have to make time eventually...

ANYWAY - I enjoyed this so much! I've never seen such a sweet, welcoming, sex-positive game, the sort you could happily recommend to anyone who was turned off by the content of most H-games. So pretty! So cute! A thoroughly worthy experience.

Setting aside the sex for a moment, I really liked how much detail went into the scenes, in terms of visual direction. The characters have tons of expressions, and the little touches - like having them step forward or backward - really make the limited visual novel medium work. No wonder it was late for the NaNo deadline - you can tell how much care went into it.

I DID have my usual problem with female-MC adult games - that is, I really wanted to take charge but the option just isn't there - but I'm not really holding that against the game, given Claire's story and the setup for the whole situation ^_^; My only real complaint is that I would really have liked just ONE more day to get to know everybody, as the final decision did feel a bit rushed. Such is the tyranny of one-month games, I suppose! Especially when the content that IS there is of such high quality.

Oh, and I found myself wishing the main character had started calling Mirari "Mira" by the end, as she suggests early on. Just me being picky? ^_^;

(BTW OMIGOSH, her ending CGs are so beautiful and warm. I mean Akki's were lovely too, but ahh, Mira's! Just looking at them made me feel all cozy ~<3 On that note, I loved the detail in the faces/emotions in those final scenes - I really felt how much these characters enjoyed being together, and that always makes me a happy hentai.)

Apparently I still have the early release - because I could only choose Akki or Mira in the end - but can't wait to see the other two as well. Off to get the full version!

Thanks to all of you for sharing this lovely game! <3
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#110 Post by AsHLeX »

Finished. It was a nice game. Thanks for it! I liked Orias the most hehe xD
New demo out 24/12/23!!

rmt_2011
Regular
Projects: Lacrimosa ~ Nightmare Terror, Deceptive Dreams
Deviantart: Pie-inator

#111 Post by rmt_2011 »

It's finally out! Can't wait to finish it!

nangke
Tumblr: http://nangke-art.tumblr.com

#112 Post by nangke »

This is a really finely-made game. The characters are charming, the art and interface are beautiful, really good voice-acting. And now I get to choose Kael or Orias! Thank you so much for making this. :D

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#113 Post by distorsion »

Ahhhhh, finally finished all the paths! Well, except for the harem ending (or would that be orgy ending? >////<). Anyway, just wanted to do a little review of the characters/game, since I've played (almost) all of it.

First, some stuff about the game in general: Very cute and fun, nice art and writing, and very very short without much beyond fluff. I knew this was going to be a short game, since you'd made that clear, and I was fine with that because you'd made some statements about this game being a sort of proof of concept. I'm now disappointed though, because I remember posts saying you had plans to make more games like this in the future with more length and substance, and now I've been told you don't intend to do that. Maybe I was given the wrong information the first time around, but it certainly puts a damper on the excitement I felt at having a developer that focused on sex-positive pro-consent 18+ games, which honestly would be so great for people like me with a deep fear of sex, because it could be used as a therapy tool for creating positive associations without fear because we're not really the ones taking part, we have full control, and it's all for pretend so if something we don't like is in the scene it didn't even actually happen!
-sighs- But of course, the decision about continuing to make these games or not is up to you, and I'm not going to judge you for it. I'm just going to enjoy the one you have made as best I can.

Moving on to the characters...
In general: Because of the lack of time to get to know them, it's hard to make emotional connections with every single one, even though they're all good, well written characters. You might only 'fall' for one or two, or not feel romantic attraction to any of them. There's also statements made by two of the characters that 'cubi as a species can't fall in love in a romantic sense' which feels off in it's absolutism. Surely aromanticism would be 'common' the same way alloromanticicm is common for humans? And that some cubi would qualify as grey-aromantic or demi-aromantic, or not be aromantic at all? Even within the group, there's a character that seems to feel some degree of romantic attraction to the MC, which would put him somewhere on the spectrum closer to grey or demi aro, which would mean the 'we absolutely can't feel romantic interest or love' statement is false. I could be wrong, but as I said the absolutism of it feels weird.
Akki: Noooooo how could you nail my type so completely?! QAQ A cute redhead demon with hot horns and a cheerful energetic personality who's also sweet and slightly insecure and maybe even a little pathetic at times MY WEAKNESS HAS SUFFERED A CRITICAL HIT! This guy was my absolute favorite, I fell hard for Akki, his route, and in my opinion he had the best intimacy scene!
Even if he did cum early once he actually got it inside. >//w//>

Orias: Probably the biggest gap between expected enjoyment and actual enjoyment of a character? He just ended up feeling too distant, because there wasn't enough time to get through that outer shell. It was nice that you had a character into BDSM who was portrayed without negative bias, but I was disappointed that the same distance inherent in the rest of his character carried over to the intimate moments.
Kael: Not really my type, but still an enjoyable route/character. I liked how he had a bit of silliness to him, and that even though he was caring and sensitive to the point of being 'motherly', he was still able to be hot at times. The intimacy scene was ok, but
felt like it concentrated too much on the intercourse since he stopped the oral halfway to put it in.

Mirari: I won't say much on this one, since it's basically been said before: she's cute and very much my type, but the route is disappointing as it feels like barely more than a regular friendship route.

So yeah, I would recommend this game, and I totally love what's in it, but fair warning that it's pretty short fluff. Hopefully it's success will encourage a bunch more cute, pro-consent sex-possitive games in the future!
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#114 Post by Deji »

@distorion:
We do want to make more games like this in the future, but not as a group; as a group, our goal was always to make just this game and that's it (maybe something else in the future). Sorry to disappoint you in that regard ^^;
We do hope other devs step up and make more games that are consent-friendly in the future!

About aromanticism, cubi are canonically aromantic in our universe, though you may argue Akki may be kind of grey-aro, though :P (he's definitely pretty attached to the MC by the end of the game ).
For the record, we never intended for the game to have any kind of romance or romantic attraction, I think we warned people about this? We felt it'd be very unrealistic to create this attraction in to short a time, and that's one of the reasons we chose sex demons that geta roused on cue and are ready to jump the MCs bones whenever she likes as our "interests" :)
Glad you enjoyed Akki! <3
Orias is distant, we agree, even the MC complains about it in the end of the scene. That's just how he is.
Kael was supposed to be the experienced version of Akki (he mentions that he learns from him a lot, in game!). We originally wanted to give him a lot of diferent options and positions, but in the end it was a complication and we dropped most of it, keeping the warming-up, though.
We tried to keep it fair across the board with one given orgasm per characters - though you can go without the MC orgasming on Akki's route, depending on your choices.
Mirari's route was as frienship-y as the rest of the routes (the MC only shows interest during the end of the 3rd scene in all of them), even though for some reason a small number of people seem to pick that vibe up on her route more than the rest. We wanted her to be the supportive one and we're glad other people liked it, but we understand not everybody may.

Thanks for the review! :)

Edit: Thinking about it, is the massage why people think Mirari's route is ore friendship-y than the rest? We're honestly very puzzled about it with the writer.
Edit 2: NVM! I think we figured it out :'D (yay for having a mostly asexual team blind to sexual intimacy and not noticing the little details earlier x'D )
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

epistellar
Projects: High Elo Girls
Organization: Split Fat
Tumblr: epistellar.net
Soundcloud: epistellar
itch: epistellar

#115 Post by epistellar »

I love everything about this game, and I'm still playing so I won't leave any specific feedback for the routes just yet. But it's just, oof, yes, just gorgeous. So here are a few general thoughts!

I personally find it very difficult to write cute, non-combative fluffy stories, so I really admire the writing here. It's just really nice to lounge around in a world where sex demons are super chill, relaxed dorks who aren't out to menace or traumatize. (Nothing against demons who do menace and traumatize -- I'm a fan of those too!)

Yes, it is indeed short, but I don't think the story or connections made between the characters suffer any due to the game's brevity. They are demons, after all, with presumably a different approach to and understanding of time, so I never really felt pulled out of the moment by the relatively fast pacing of things.

Claire's also a breath of fresh air, too. She may be uncertain and inexperienced in many of the ways that count in this game, but I quite like her capacity to be present in the moment and to try new things! As a cipher for exploring consensual sex, she works very well.

And lastly, the whole theme feels airtight and well-executed. From the colors to the GUI to the character designs, BGs and writing, everything blends together really well. Nothing feels out of place or incompatible; all the elements complement one another to create a cohesive experience. So yeah, very much enjoying this one! And it's great that this exists because while I am good with VNs and dating sims that explore less overtly consensual sexual encounters with warnings attached, it's so important to have more 18+ explicitly consent-driven games like this in existence. Thanks for putting this out there!
"Gather out of star-dust ... One handful of dream-dust. Not for sale." — Langston Hughes
High Elo Girls on Itch.io | High Elo Girls Dev Blog (on break) | Twitter: @epistellar

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#116 Post by distorsion »

Deji wrote:@distorion:
We do want to make more games like this in the future, but not as a group; as a group, our goal was always to make just this game and that's it (maybe something else in the future). Sorry to disappoint you in that regard ^^;
We do hope other devs step up and make more games that are consent-friendly in the future!

About aromanticism, cubi are canonically aromantic in our universe, though you may argue Akki may be kind of grey-aro, though :P (he's definitely pretty attached to the MC by the end of the game ).
For the record, we never intended for the game to have any kind of romance or romantic attraction, I think we warned people about this? We felt it'd be very unrealistic to create this attraction in to short a time, and that's one of the reasons we chose sex demons that geta roused on cue and are ready to jump the MCs bones whenever she likes as our "interests" :)

Edit: Thinking about it, is the massage why people think Mirari's route is ore friendship-y than the rest? We're honestly very puzzled about it with the writer.
Edit 2: NVM! I think we figured it out :'D (yay for having a mostly asexual team blind to sexual intimacy and not noticing the little details earlier x'D )
Yeah, I think I probably got the wrong impression or info on the group being a more than one game thing. I'm really happy that there at least are people out there wanting to make these kinds of games though. And I'm happy to hear there's hope some of you guys might do a game with the same pro-consent themes in the future.

I agree it would be weird to have the characters fall madly in love in just 2-3 days, and was aware it wasn't meant to be a typical 'romance otome' but I didn't realize romantic attraction was supposed to be missing completely. (I actually thought there was some romantic attraction in there, but maybe since I'm demi-sexual my mind put it in there for me because I knew the game had sex in it? Idk.)

I think hers feeling like a friend route had more to do with her and the MC being less aware of each other than the MC seemed to be with any of the guys? It wasn't the intimate scenes, which were definitely sexual, that made them feel more like friends to me. It was that there was... a lack of tension between them in the parts before it, and in the game as a whole? That's probably not the right phrase to use... Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining this it seems.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#117 Post by Deji »

distorsion wrote:
I think hers feeling like a friend route had more to do with her and the MC being less aware of each other than the MC seemed to be with any of the guys? It wasn't the intimate scenes, which were definitely sexual, that made them feel more like friends to me. It was that there was... a lack of tension between them in the parts before it, and in the game as a whole? That's probably not the right phrase to use... Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining this it seems.
Oh, our writer is self-admittedly terribly at sexual tension, since she's asexual herself and doesn't experience it, so *any* tension between the guys being more than with Mirari was completely unintentional! We know better to check for things like that now in our future solo projects, though ^^ (this has been a learning experience is all senses!)
Thanks for taking the time to try to explain, though, we really appreciate it <3
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Akuni
Regular

#118 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mobychan
Veteran
Projects: The Chosen - Sakura Pink & Gentian Blue
Organization: Foresoft

#119 Post by mobychan »

Finally finished the game, 100%^^

We really loved it, the characters were really nice and the interactions written nice as well.

Something that came across a bit weird for us though was in Mirari's route.
We were kinda surprised that, when we chose to stop before even starting the massage, Claire's still fine with cuddling, which for us is more intimate than a shoulder massage(we also think that a shoulder massage is less intimate than a foot massage) but I guess that's just personal opinion^^

At some of the other places, the stop option(not the button in the top right) kinda felt forced as well, because Claire was ok with everything a second ago(maybe just because of how the button was phrased?)

Either way, we loved all of the routes and characters^^
We hope all of your future project will go well as well

ShapeFlesh

#120 Post by ShapeFlesh »

At first I was a bit put of by a few things on the games tumbler page, I felt that it focused to much on informing the player about the consent feature out of the game instead of cleverly introducing it in the game. But once I started playing the game I found that it was much to my liking, (I have a weakness for cute stuff). Apart from some of the dialogue and exposition near the start I was overly pleased with the game. The art style is top notch. Even though the background art isn't that high quality, the characters stand out so much that it simply fades... into the background. The characters are lovely designed and the animations and few bits of voice acting does a lot for the game.

I powered through the game in one evening, getting 100% and I was happy to find only one bug and three little mess ups. It would be great if these errors could be fixed with an update.

In extras: Mirari's Chibi art of her combing Claire's hair is busted and displays her punching a flower instead. And in her H-scene one of her voiced lines are mangled.

Orias voiced line: "Your reactions are cute" play one line after they are said. Also, he says "how does it feel" on "I'm glad" (two lines before the actual text) after he puts on the blindfold if you started with nothing and asked for extended feather-play.

Other than that I found the game to be pretty solid and would like to see more stuff like it. It would have been interesting had the game been longer with potential consequences for not being honest about Claire's limits, (had they been stated beforehand). But from what I understand this was never meant to be a long game and for what it is, it's pretty damn good.

I give this game four Kawaii Oni Cat Faces out of five.