❤ Cute Demon Crashers! ❤ [GxB/GxG][18+][NaNoRenO 2015]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

Re: ❤ Cute Demon Crashers! ❤ [GxB/GxG][18+][NaNoRenO 2015]

#91 Post by Carrogath »

Cute! This was cute. It was pure fluff, no substance, but given that they're sex demons it makes sense that you wouldn't be establishing a romantic relationship with any of them. I liked Akki and Mirari's designs the most, so I'm glad you finished their routes first. (I liked... the cuddling CGs the most, esp. Mirari's... They just look so comfy.)

I wasn't bothered by the choices during the sex scenes, but I wasn't exactly trying to get into the mood either (and AFAIK that wasn't your guys' intention). I appreciate the little reassurances that all the demons want is for Claire to feel good and safe and happy, and that she shouldn't feel pressured to do it if she doesn't want to, because God knows in certain groups/cultures people feel pressured to lose their virginity ASAP. I could see why it could get annoying to be asked so many questions after you've already consented, though. It kinda kills the mood.

Anyway! Kudos for you for tackling such a loaded topic; consent and the like can get messy, and it's not really something you see discussed much in the media. Here's hoping others follow suit.

Pudding Fluff
Regular
Projects: Cute Demon Crashers
Organization: Sugar Script
Tumblr: SugarScript

#92 Post by Pudding Fluff »

@Carrogath: glad you enjoyed it for what it is! :D
And we hope others jump on the bandwagon and do similar things in the near future (hopefully better than we could do in a month!)

--------------

If you follow us or Englishotomegames on tumblr, you may have noticed we opened donations for a short time while the game is still being worked on.
These donations won't go into the team's pockets, though! The money will be used to pay for a special treat we will include in the final version of them game :)

We are keeping track as timely as we can of the donations over here: http://sugarscript.tumblr.com/donate for transparency's sake ^^

WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

#93 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

I can't really say much since I've only done Akki's route (and I don't intend to do Mirari's,) but I was very impressed by this game. It's very rare to find something with content like this that has a female main character. (Outside of ones that are only GXG or have bad artwork or are very poorly written.)

There is one thing though... I feel like there should be a bit more story to it early on, to let you get to know the guys and girl a little bit better. But it's clearly not finished, so I could be wrong.

Regardless, I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the game.

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

#94 Post by piichimi »

I really love the demo!!!
I finished both Mirari and Akki's routes.
I love Mirari, but Akki <3
he's so cute!!!
I'm really excited for the full game to be released.
Orias is probably my favorite character <3

Actually, scratch that,
I love all of the characters. <3
& I think this game made me develop a slight interest for succubus/incubus characters. lol

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#95 Post by AsHLeX »

I don't usually play 18+ games (due to personal reasons) but this is really good ^^". Actually the art attracted me lol. (Is it weird that I like the
video game ending
the most though? I guess I don't really do sex lol.) Fun, cute and adorable even if you take out the sex part. Definitely worth playing <3 My favorite is Orias though ^_^. Too bad his ending isn't out yet.

Ehhh sorry if I don't review much on the main purpose of this game really...but I still think it's really good. Love the art <3
The cuddling was really cute though. :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Mikaren
Regular

#96 Post by Mikaren »

Kael looks good!

PatchyDoll
Regular
Completed: Rock Bottom, Your Swimsuit Jumped Over Its Own Weathercock You Liar!
Projects: In progress: Trigger

#97 Post by PatchyDoll »

This was such a great lil game! Simple little things like having a "stop" button during sex scenes? Brilliant, and when I clicked it just to try it I may have teared up a little.

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#98 Post by KissOfDeath »

So, first I have to say - job very well done so far! Each sex scene was cute, intimate, and very realistic, which I appreciated the most!

Now, for the real intent behind this post: Has any progress been made in terms of finishing the game? I would love to see both Kael and Orias' intimate scenes! I have an interest in how Orias' preferences will factor into their sex scene.

Anyway, job well done, and please keep on keeping on! <3
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Pudding Fluff
Regular

#99 Post by Pudding Fluff »

Sorry for not replying earlier!
Thanks to everybody for playing our game again and we're really happy that you have enjoyed it so far!

I just posted an update on Tumblr and I'm just going to copy it here:

Since it’s the end of April and the game isn’t out yet, as you can probably notice, we thought it’d be appropriate to give you an insight of what is done and what isn’t done yet!

Script:
- Orias’s scene - Done
- Kael’s scene - Done
- Extra scenes - Done

Sprites:
- Akki extra - Done
- Mirari extra - Done
- Kael extra - sketched
- Orias extra - sketched
- Everybody’s extra #2 - sketched.

CGs & cut-ins:
- Objects - halfway done
- Extra chibi scenes - done
- Orias main CG - done
- Orias cuddle CG - sketched
- Orias cut-ins - sketched
- Kael CGs - not done
- Kael cut-ins - not done
- Extra ending CG - not done

Programming:
- Orias scene - 1/3 done
- Kael scene - ¼ done.
- Extra scenes - not done
- New CG coding - not done
- Gallery - not done
- Special Treat - not done.

Special Treat: Constantly throwing money at them from your donations and awaiting production start (most likely very soon! )

So there you have it!
Most of the work listed above goes to me (Pudding Fluff) :'D
And I'm catching up with my Pendings Pile of Doom (if you know who i am, you know I'm always behind with this sort of stuff >>; ) but i'llr esume this weekend/next week for sure :')

For now we don’t have an actual estimate of how long this will take, but we will inform you as soon as we do!

Mikaren
Regular

#100 Post by Mikaren »

i will wait as patiently as i can to get kael >:3

akirafay
Tumblr: akirafay
Deviantart: fireanne

#101 Post by akirafay »

Oh wow O:
I absolutely adore the art of this game, as well as the idea behind it!
I can't wait for any news about the full game, too (as reading the character descriptions, I'm gonna love Orias.. :3 ).
I sent a small donation your way! Thank you for the amazing work, guys. :3

OtomeRisa

#102 Post by OtomeRisa »

Ahh~ I loved Akki and Mirari. I can't wait for Orias and Kael's sequences come out. :lol: :!:

miyod

#103 Post by miyod »

I only found out about this game today and I immediately went and played through it. To be honest, I have no idea who made it (aliases and everything), and I'll check it out... after giving my feedback. But, congratulations. It's a great game and I can't wait to see it completed.

Onto my mini-review (for reference, I think I played through everything, even the Stop scenes):

The art was fantastic and fit the mood perfectly. I like drawing, so I immediately checked who had done the art. Darn aliases. I particularly liked the effect on the sprite's eyes and the different things that would float around a character, such as flowers. Chibi CGs weren't as clean, but they added to the game. Some scenes tend to call for CGs, and the chibi ones certainly filled that need. It was a good decision, specially when taking into account CGs can be very time-consuming to draw even when actually shown for just a short time, but, at the same time, areexpected for the medium. Some non-chibi CGs do show that there was a time constraint (not being coloured, for example) but they look clean enough that it ends up feeling more like a quirk than like a compromise. EDIT2: Some more nitpicking: http://i.imgur.com/K7QIDpF.png There are other lines like that one, but that particular one is in the path my eyes followed when looking at the tea, and it's blue on orange. Feel free to ignore it, though. It's just something I noticed.

I had never seen a VN where characters stepped towards the camera, and was a bit surprised at first, but ended up mostly liking it. There were some segments when the constant movement was distracting (mostly when talking to all the *cubi at once) but in general I think the effect was a cool addition and used well.

The SFX were excellent and really added to the atmosphere. The music was nice, and it set the mood without detracting from the writing.

The writing was very good, it wasn't overly flowery, but had some very nice descriptions. It accompanied the pictures and sound very well -- information wasn't being relayed twice by different channels, which is one of my pet peeves. The story didn't feel overly long or short. The fluffy scenes were appropriately fluffy but also felt like they were pushing the plot forward (relationship-building is plot. Wonderful plot). The choices for the sex scenes made sense and the progression was very natural (the addition of a Stop button was a wonderful idea. Sometimes things go places we wouldn't expect or are suddenly not comfortable with, and that was a great way to account for that. Also, it obviously fit the theme). My only complaint? I spotted a missing period and couldn't take my mind off it.

The design! Beautiful. It felt very cohesive -- the writing, the sound and the art all worked towards the same style, and the design really solidified it. The different title screens depending on completed paths were a great addition -- one I've definitely seen before, but that I still like a lot. Some nitpicking: the icon for the application window on Windows looks like the default and should probably be changed to the game's logo. EDIT: Forgot one thing! The textbox background changes slightly depending on whether Claire or one of the *cubi are talking, and it's just subtle enough to fall into the can't unsee category. I thing it's because of the side-portrait pushing it to the side, but it may be better to crop the background so that it doesn't move.

The fluff: oh, so fluffy. So, so fluffy. Yesss. More of it, please.

Okay, I think that's all. Have you ever heard the term iyashi-kei? I think it could easily be applied to this VN. At least for me, I know I'll be smiling the rest of the day.

Pudding Fluff
Regular

#104 Post by Pudding Fluff »

Hey everybody! Sorry for the radio silence here on LSF, we have been more active on twitter and tumblr ^^;
Thanks a lot for paying and we're glad you've enjoyed the game so far!

We just finished getting all the art assets for the final version of the game, so now what's left is coding said assets, adding some extra bits of code that we need here and there and code in the mysterious "special treat" that we should be getting later this week!
We announced an estimated release date for the complete game on

❤❤July 26th❤❤

We hope you'll enjoy the final version of the game as well <3

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#105 Post by AsHLeX »

Looking forward to it!! :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!